• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

Carlos Gimenez, GOP mayor of Miami-Dade, inching closer to a run in FL-26. He could give Mucarsel-Powell some trouble... if he wins the primary. He voted for Hillary. I don't know whether that will doom him with the GOP primary electorate in FL-26, which I imagine will be pretty heavily Hispanic. Our presidential nominee will certainly carry the district.

Kusagari, I appreciate your insight into FL politics. What do you think?

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017

Carlos Gimenez, GOP mayor of Miami-Dade, inching closer to a run in FL-26. He could give Mucarsel-Powell some trouble... if he wins the primary. He voted for Hillary. I don't know whether that will doom him with the GOP primary electorate in FL-26, which I imagine will be pretty heavily Hispanic. Our presidential nominee will certainly carry the district.

Kusagari, I appreciate your insight into FL politics. What do you think?

I imagine he would coast through the primary. Neither of the primary opponents are that great and he'll have the big money and party connections.

He definitely poses a real threat to unseating her. He's basically Curbelo, but without having to have actually voted on any important legislation. So he can just tout his gun control, climate change, LGBT rights support when he was safely tucked away as a local politician in Miami. And the fact he openly backed Hillary would likely insulate him somewhat from attempts to tie him to Trump.

I think a lot of it would come down to how he handles his campaign. He's going to have to thread a very interesting needle if he's going to try to run as a national politician on the same policies he did as a local one.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Josh Lederman @JoshNBCNews

Trump downplays killing under Obama of Osama bin Laden because he didn't become "big" until World Trade Center attacks, whereas Baghdadi built a caliphate

9:53 AM - Oct 27, 2019

Chad Pergram @ChadPergram

Trump on al-Baghdadi raid: "Bin Laden was big but this was bigger"

9:54 AM - Oct 27, 2019

Aaron Blake @AaronBlake

Trump again suggests this is bigger than bin Laden:

"This is the biggest there is. This is the worst ever. Osama bin Laden was big, but Osama bin Laden became big with the World Trade Center. This is a man who built a whole, as he would like to call it, a country."​

9:56 AM - Oct 27, 2019

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
If reporters would ever just fucking call him out on bullshit, none of this would be happening.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
No, a LTTP remake deserves its own style

Josh Lederman @JoshNBCNews

Trump downplays killing under Obama of Osama bin Laden because he didn't become "big" until World Trade Center attacks, whereas Baghdadi built a caliphate

9:53 AM - Oct 27, 2019

Chad Pergram @ChadPergram

Trump on al-Baghdadi raid: "Bin Laden was big but this was bigger"

9:54 AM - Oct 27, 2019

He can't avoid overplaying his hand.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I'm glad that Trump is so dumb that he can't take what might be a minor win and not turn it into a PR embarrassment.

Oct 27, 2017
They just showed "the picture" of them in the war room, not candidly reviewing the situation, but sitting at a table posing for the camera.

Now he's talking about when a book of his came out.

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canvassing for Warren in Iowa this morning. It's gonna be cold as hell.

Oct 26, 2017
That was a complete trainwreck. Trump has to hope the networks only use a 10 second clip from when he was on teleprompter. I'm honestly surprised he mucked this up, it really was a layup.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
He's genuinely expecting to get praised and treated like a hero like when Bin Laden was killed only to turn on cable and get a rude awakening. Then he'll rage on Twitter and make it worse.

Edit: LOL at that picture. You're not supposed to pose for the cameras you weirdos.

FuturusX

Oct 28, 2017
That was a complete trainwreck. Trump has to hope the networks only use a 10 second clip from when he was on teleprompter. I'm honestly surprised he mucked this up, it really was a layup.

Layups are routine for people who can play the game. For a dude who sits on the sideline drinking diet coke and starbursts, it's quite the challenge.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
I'm going to predict that the same folks who wanted Omar deported over say "some people did something" are going to completely ignore Trump saying killing Bin Laden wasn't big.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Craig Caplan @CraigCaplan

Inside the situation room during US military raid on al-Baghdadi per White House. https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1188458334086684673 …

LrOMRGM.jpg

E7LgBvo.jpg

10:19 AM - Oct 27, 2019

Can someone summarize?

Donald talked about Baghdadi for 10 minutes. His description of the military operation was... goofy and cartoonish.

Then he answered questions from the press for about 40 minutes. Rambling about everything.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
The glorification and reveling in killing, even of someone as vile as Baghdadi, is just disgusting, though expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.