• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Oh God...

Y'all are still talking about Star Tracks.

wsS0Gov.gif
My eyes have skimmed over so much of the last few pages.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Taylor should be ignored because he's a never trumper. What's going to be their excuse for Sondland?

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Madison and me make a couple jokes about marianne being a space witch, and we're ruining the discourse. But 12 pages of people ranking star trek series is right on track.

I see how it is

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Star Trek is semi-on topic because the world absolutely goes to shit before it gets better (those Bell Riot episodes of DS9 are looking pretty relevant these days, for example)

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
are we talking about the witch marianne from hit french netflix horror series marianne or orb mom

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Our under qualified meme candidate just wants to use crystals to heal us all.
The GOP's wanted to put children in cages and collude with Russia.
/sigh

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
What Bernie said to that person is the same thing my father said to me and is similar to what to what I would tell my children.

Your first action should always to be cooperative and respectful. Respectful in the sense that your refer to the policeman as "officer" and "sir/madam". I say the same thing if they are a teacher or a principle, you address them as sir or madam until they tell you it's ok to use their last name (and then it's Mr. Last Name only).

That's the default response no matter who you are dealing with and especially an officer. Respectful doesn't mean salute them or sing their praises, it's about being professional and courteous. Respectful also doesn't mean being meek and submissive.

That said Bernie answered that question in the direct and abrasive manner like he does with most of his responses. You need more tact than that to explain to a child.

White people do not have to do any of this bullshit. This is pathetic that we have to do all this shit to not get shot.

Imagine getting out of the car and yelling at a cop. That's that white life.

Protip. Cops have shot handcuffed negros. If they want to shoot you they are shooting you.

Cops approach white folks like hey your taillght is out.

Cops approach poc like wmds.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
White people do not have to do any of this bullshit. This is pathetic that we have to do all this shit to not get shot.

Protip. Cops have shot handcuffed negros. Of they want to shoot you they are shooting you.
Bernie really does come across as dismissive here. Almost like "the best you can do is just do what the cops tell you"

He really, really needs to work on his race issues stances.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
What Bernie said to that person is the same thing my father said to me and is similar to what to what I would tell my children.

Your first action should always to be cooperative and respectful. Respectful in the sense that your refer to the policeman as "officer" and "sir/madam". I say the same thing if they are a teacher or a principle, you address them as sir or madam until they tell you it's ok to use their last name (and then it's Mr. Last Name only).

That's the default response no matter who you are dealing with and especially an officer. Respectful doesn't mean salute them or sing their praises, it's about being professional and courteous. Respectful also doesn't mean being meek and submissive.

That said Bernie answered that question in the direct and abrasive manner like he does with most of his responses. You need more tact than that to explain to a child.
Yeah but he isn't explaining it to his child..... He's on stage at a HBCU trying to garner support from more black voters who have been mostly dubious to his campaign up to now. Yes it's a out of context quote but we're living in a world where a retweet viewer doesn't give a fuck.

This is the type of question he was supposes to prep for and Beto already gave the right answer he could have cribbed from.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017

Protip. Cops have shot handcuffed negros. If they want to shoot you they are shooting you.

Cops approach white folks like hey your taillght is out.

Cops approach poc like wmds.
This is actually a thing that I realized earlier in the year. I was bashed/mugged. Guy attacked me for being gay, tried to steal my car, and ended up breaking my arm. (He was on drugs but whatever.) When my husband showed up the police wouldn't let him near me, and my husband nearly tackled two cops to get to me. If he wasn't white, he'd have been, at best, arrested. He'd probably have been shot. It'sa thing white people genuinely do not think about.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Bernie really does come across as dismissive here. Almost like "the best you can do is just do what the cops tell you"

He really, really needs to work on his race issues stances.

Eh. No one gives a shit about race issues. I fully understand that now at 36. The best we can do is hope we won't get shot as much under a deomcrat. But even then. Dudes are still getting strangled to death in hd.

Bernie is better that fascism whose going to move onto other races after the Mexicans. I wish white people nation wide would stand up for minority abuse. But.. it's been 36 years.

Country has blinders on for minorities.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
If he's calling it "something big," it's probably nothing.

Maybe China made some worthless "concession" on trade. Maybe he got some hollow "promise" from Turkey.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but he isn't explaining it to his child..... He's on stage at a HBCU trying to garner support from more black voters who have been mostly dubious to his campaign up to now. Yes it's a out of context quote but we're living in a world where a retweet viewer doesn't give a fuck.

This is the type of question he was supposes to prep for and Beto already gave the right answer he could have cribbed from.
The "what would you tell me if I were your son" phrasing is a little tricky for an answer because you want to have a response that feels personal and real (like you're explaining it to your child) and then pivot to the structural issues. If he had just gone with one or the other, he's probably be criticized to for not addressing the other, and he sort of did both. That also leaves your answer easy to be chopped and screwed, but it is what it is.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Eh. No one gives a shit about race issues. I fully understand that now at 36. The best we can do is hope we won't get shot as much under a deomcrat. But even then. Dudes are still getting strangled to death in hd.

Bernie is better that fascism whose going to move onto other races after the Mexicans. I wish white people nation wide would stand up for minority abuse. But.. it's been 36 years.
I'm White so I wouldn't argue against your post. It's true, we need to do better. You have every right to feel how you feel. I just think Bernie continues to show he needs some work on this issue especially when even Biden is making White Supremacists angry with his latest remarks. Bernie doesn't seem to want to rustle feathers.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Barr is going to announce charges against someone related to the Russia investigation.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the Star Trek talk is boring, we could always just re-litigate the 2016 primary. It's about that time of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.