• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
so, t- how many minutes until the GOP uses the "official impeachment inquiry" to require public hearings

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

southpaw@nycsouthpaw

The OLC memo that a President can't be prosecuted "has never been adopted, sanctioned, or in any way
approved by a court."

ymscRjR.jpg

3:37 PM - Oct 25, 2019

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Man there's so much good news lately. I hope the pending ACA decision is on the good news bandwagon too.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Man there's so much good news lately. I hope the pending ACA decision is on the good news bandwagon too.
Not to jinx anything, but I don't really expect Roberts to nix ACA. He was the swing vote on the past cases that dealt with it, and he's had ample opportunity to destroy the law.

The ACA being repealed now with no replacement would be a massive system shock and absolutely hurt Trump, so if he's concerned about political ramifications he'll probably side against dismantling it.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Guess we should've known that Trump would never agree to speak at an all black college unless a the audience was stacked with friendly viewers. Can't have him getting viciously booed and humiliated.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
Another celebrity endorser for Bernie.

Join us and pretend neither of us Bernie did not just defend Tulsi!

Edit: Wow, wait a second. Did Rashida Tlaib really not comment on this. I was going to reference it but I can't find it.

Edit 2: Yep, can't find it. My mistake.

Last edited:

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Not to jinx anything, but I don't really expect Roberts to nix ACA. He was the swing vote on the past cases that dealt with it, and he's had ample opportunity to destroy the law.

The ACA being repealed now with no replacement would be a massive system shock and absolutely hurt Trump, so if he's concerned about political ramifications he'll probably side against dismantling it.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there a lower court that still has a decision pending? I'm saying... maybe that court will do the right thing. And maybe SCOTUS will be like whatever that's fine, we ain't hearing this shit.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
User Warned: Hostility
Era's complete willful ignorance on vaping never fails to amaze me. Some of you are seriously Flat Earther level.

Apple

Oct 27, 2017

I mean does anything really come from these though? I feel like every day I see people posting positive news stories about judges ruling against the administration, gerrymandering and voter suppression, locking kids up in cages, etc. etc., but they always just get appealed, no one actually complies with the ruling, or they make it to the supreme court which then just reverses everything and it's all for naught.

UsefulSpoon

Oct 27, 2017
Tricare passes a good amount of costs to users, especially if they don't get care on a military base. Not sure it's best example to use.
The Tricare plan I have as a reservist is better than any civilian plan out there. $42 a month premium, $150 deductible, $1000 out of pocket maximum, inexpensive copays for in-network care, and cheap prescriptions. Plus I don't have to go to a base for care. Pretty much allows me to switch jobs without worrying about my health care.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
The Tricare plan I have as a reservist is better than any civilian plan out there. $42 a month premium, $150 deductible, $1000 out of pocket maximum, inexpensive copays for in-network care, and cheap prescriptions. Plus I don't have to go to a base for care. Pretty much allows me to switch jobs without worrying about my health care.
Yeah that sounds good to me. I'd take that without hesitation.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Already recovering in YouGov.

edit. idk if this is new. it doesn't match the latest from the Economist website.

Oct 27, 2017
Jack White is probably not the best person to have associated with a campaign. Dude's been problematic for a very long time.

JW is a masterful musician, with a deeply flawed personality. Never knew about the abuse though. That's unfortunate and will make me question whether I want to own his albums anymore

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was looking at the options my company was offering for open enrollment, nowhere even close. Feel bad for everyone else working there who don't have my option.
You're lucky for sure. And when I said I'd take that, I wasn't just taking workplace benefits but public option. I think that's the next logical step. True M4A is too much too fast.

UsefulSpoon

Oct 27, 2017
You're lucky for sure. And when I said I'd take that, I wasn't just taking workplace benefits but public option. I think that's the next logical step. True M4A is too much too fast.
When I think of a public option this is what I think about. It will probably have to be subsidized a bit more since the risk pool for Tricare is generally a bunch of healthy young people keeping costs down.

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
When I think of a public option this is what I think about. It will probably have to be subsidized a bit more since the risk pool for Tricare is generally a bunch of healthy young people keeping costs down.
Probably, but it'll still be a much more realistic option imo

Cap the premium at $150 max individual/$550 max family with subsidies when needed, keep copays low, etc.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Jack White sucks shit, this is known. Not Bernie's fault, but I'm just sayin dude could have at least gotten Rivers Cuomo or something. Come on son.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Jack White sucks shit, this is known. Not Bernie's fault, but I'm just sayin dude could have at least gotten Rivers Cuomo or something. Come on son.
Pretty sure White described himself as a libertarian nearly 10 years ago so it's interesting to see him support Bernie

Status
Not open for further replies.