• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LGHT_TRSN

Oct 25, 2017
Good.

Her third party run (if she's stupid enough to try it) won't go anywhere besides the usual shit-for-brains trolls. Sanders will endorse the eventual nominee and the lion's share of his supporters (who are smaller in numbers this time) will follow along, especially if it's Warren.

Clinton was smart to call her out on it, now if Tulsi does run she'll have zero credibility among any liberal or Democrat.

Nothing about her running 3rd party is "good." Good would be not having a 3rd party candidate attacking the democratic candidate to "both sides" the election when we're already facing a politicized DOJ, state run Fox News, voter suppression, foreign interference, etc etc.

Oct 25, 2017
The sole thing Tulsi accomplished in this primary was ending Kamala's campaign. jesus.

Also, does Faux still let her on air if she's running against Trump?

Oct 26, 2017
You do realize that CA-25 has encompassed different locations over the years, right? It hasn't always included parts of Los Angeles and Ventura. In 1993, the era you describe, it contained A LOT of red territory, explaining its Republican lean. This principle applies to congressional districts in general: they keep the same number but don't always include the same locations in the state after redistricting.

The CA-25 we're discussing has only existed and been in effect since 2012, and it is NOT a heavily Republican district.

Fair point.

But I think we're mostly arguing semantics. I'm saying it leans heavily Republican (not blood red, basically solid R), you're saying it slightly leans R. I think we can both agree though Katie Hill as a freshmen Democrat in a district that leans X Republican has to walk a tight-rope and she does benefit from having a Republican coming to her aid to help protect her right flank at least.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. His best chance of winning is with a spoiler candidate.

I don't think Tulsi will ever actually be that (the only people who like Tulsi are Tulsi, Fox, Russian bots, and Bernie). But if she runs, she's not getting any Republican votes, so by definition it disadvantages the Democrat.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
How long will it take for the Bernie campaign to drop their support? Or was kissing the ring enough for them to bend over backwards for her?

Nov 20, 2017
How long will it take for the Bernie campaign to drop their support? Or was kissing the ring enough for them to bend over backwards for her?

She'll time her switch so that he doesn't need to disavow her, like after the primaries are over and he's already lost. They both get fucked over if she switches early enough and he's forced to answer for it.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The sole thing Tulsi accomplished in this primary was ending Kamala's campaign. jesus.

She had a super obvious moment in the last debate where she was trying to dive bomb Warren into agreeing or disagreeing with her foreign policy which she would've used as an attack either and Warren just dodged the fuck out of the way. I think Butti took the bullet by interrupting.

I remember her trying again to get a question on Warren but the commercial break took that bullet.

No but why would her going after Kamala first be the tip off?

I think the way that she has been trying to (With varying success) dive bomb the other candidates that seem to have momentum is a pretty obvious tell that she's more interested in harming other candidates than actually gaining any lead. Also notable she never touched Biden.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Please. She'll get tweets of solidarity the entire way to Trump's re-election.

And then it will go back to being the Democrats' fault again for not anointing Bernie Sanders the chosen leader.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
I really hope Warren stays out of this. So far, so good.

I get the feeling she'll be forced to, though. If not from an interview, definitely during a debate.

Oct 26, 2017

I know it seems like a distant memory now, but in the late Spring the two candidates the GOP was most worried about was Biden and Harris. Early on they didn't know how to attack her and seemed like she had the potential to unify the wings of the DEM party.

So as soon as it seems Kamala is beginning to take off, Tulsi is sent like a heat-seeking guided missile at Harris in the second debate with a bad faith attack. Yes Kamala should have been ready, but it was an odd target for Tulsi. If you watch the tape, she clearly pre-planned to go after her. It wasn't a "in the moment" type thing.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know it seems like a distant memory now, but in the late Spring the two candidates the GOP was most worried about was Biden and Harris. Early on they didn't know how to attack her and seemed like she had the potential to unify the wings of the DEM party.

So as soon as it seems Kamala is beginning to take off, Tulsi is sent like a heat-seeking guided missile at Harris in the second debate with a bad faith attack. Yes Kamala should have been ready, but it was an odd target for Tulsi. If you watch the tape, she clearly pre-planned to go after her. It wasn't a "in the moment" type thing.
It was exactly the sort of weird, obviously pre-planned, gear switch that she did with Warren. I mean, the candidates are definitely prepped for the debates so it's not weird for them to have scripted shit, but the way she did it seemed like that was the most rehearsed thing she worked on pre-debate.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God I want Hillary to just show up at one debate to fucking annihilate tootsie garbage.

Shes going to try and tank Warren again at the next debate. I hope the moderators go to commercial again

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
This is a very clear sign that Tulsi is going to run as a 3rd party candidate.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Tulsi is giving up the game a bit early though, no? Especially as she's ramping up her Fox News/Carlson appearances in combination with running ads on Breitbart. We're already seeing her court donors for a 3rd party run and she's interviewing for her gig once it is over. This all less than a week after Hillary baited her.

Her impeachment flip-flop on Hannity is as blatant as it gets.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
She doesn't seem to bomb Bernie either (she has ties there that are obvious). Then again, Bernie's never had momentum.
if her goal all along was to be a 3rd party spoiler I'd say her strategy is/was 1) hope Biden wins the nomination and 2) chase votes from disaffected Bernie supporters in the general. It wouldn't serve her purpose to attack either of them in the primaries.

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
Guy's don't let Gabbard get to you. If she goes 3rd party it's going to play horribly and it will be transparent. Let's not lose sleep over Tulsi freaking Gabbard.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In the end I'm not sure that Tulsi will run third party. She might flirt with it and just land a cushy fox news gig. Who knows. I feel like if she decides to run third party, the earliest, loudest, tell will be if she votes no on impeachment. She practically had to be dragged to support the inquiry.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Tulsi is giving up the game a bit early though, no? Especially as she's ramping up her Fox News/Carlson appearances in combination with running ads on Breitbart. We're already seeing her court donors for a 3rd party run and she's interviewing for her gig once it is over. This all less than a week after Hillary baited her.

Her impeachment flip-flop on Hannity is as blatant as it gets.

Her hand was forced.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

Putting on my tin hat for a second...One thing I've been on the record saying in this thread is that I don't think Donald Trump is afraid of Biden at all. I've long suspected that Biden is the candidate Trump WANTS to run against. The ingredients are all there: He's the establishment candidate (so he'll immediately suck up critical support), but he lacks enthusiasm with key groups of the Democratic base. Over time, Biden has actually become toxic to key points of the base. Joe has always been the candidate Trump would most be able to "dirty" in the way he did Hillary.

And over the last month, we've seen why they wanted Biden. We've now learned that this entire time, they were conspiring to pressure Ukraine to not only investigate Biden, but to do so publicly. We've learned that the plan was to drag Biden through his son's work in Ukraine, and we've also learned that Putin's hands are all over this through that stupid Cloudstrike bullshit. We've also learned that this trap sprang early. They wanted this bomb to go off closer to the election.

Going back to the first debate, it was ALWAYS weird to me (and not just because I'm #KHive), that Tulsi became almost laser-focused on Kamala after the debate. Tulsi had never talked about her before, never really seemed to have any opinion of her or any of the candidates, but suddenly she was attacking her in every interview she did in the lead up to the second debate. Then we get to the second debate, and she hits her with alt-right/breitbart talking points. At the time, people thought I was just a butthurt fan, but no...it was weird.

Weirder still that after that, she promptly forgot Harris. Even when Harris was wounded but still very much top-tier, nothing.

And then Warren surges, becomes a threat to Biden in much the same way Kamala had been at one point, and it's like suddenly someone flipped Tulsi's switch again.

And is she doing this out of some sort of affinity for Biden? There was early speculation that she might be vying for a VP slot, but I don't buy that either! Because she doesn't display any sort of actual affinity for him. She just goes after whoever threatens his status as a frontrunner.

I know this kind of sounds crazy, but...put a pin in it.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Oh man
I just thought of a cool analogy

So, I had this coworker who I would always argue politics with, his major thing is "the us needs third parties" and that he only ever voted third party, and that there will never be change until we get more parties involved.
Well, sitting here months later I thought of something I should've said:
"Well, that's like wanting to win the Super Bowl, and starting up your own football team without the NFLs explicit consent, and expecting to somehow make the game even tho you won't"
Would that have totally burned him?
Am I george costanza?
should I go to sleep?

Nov 20, 2017
Putting on my tin hat for a second...One thing I've been on the record saying in this thread is that I don't think Donald Trump is afraid of Biden at all. I've long suspected that Biden is the candidate Trump WANTS to run against. The ingredients are all there: He's the establishment candidate (so he'll immediately suck up critical support), but he lacks enthusiasm with key groups of the Democratic base. Over time, Biden has actually become toxic to key points of the base. Joe has always been the candidate Trump would most be able to "dirty" in the way he did Hillary.

And over the last month, we've seen why they wanted Biden. We've now learned that this entire time, they were conspiring to pressure Ukraine to not only investigate Biden, but to do so publicly. We've learned that the plan was to drag Biden through his son's work in Ukraine, and we've also learned that Putin's hands are all over this through that stupid Cloudstrike bullshit. We've also learned that this trap sprang early. They wanted this bomb to go off closer to the election.

Going back to the first debate, it was ALWAYS weird to me (and not just because I'm #KHive), that Tulsi became almost laser-focused on Kamala after the debate. Tulsi had never talked about her before, never really seemed to have any opinion of her or any of the candidates, but suddenly she was attacking her in every interview she did in the lead up to the second debate. Then we get to the second debate, and she hits her with alt-right/breitbart talking points. At the time, people thought I was just a butthurt fan, but no...it was weird.

Weirder still that after that, she promptly forgot Harris. Even when Harris was wounded but still very much top-tier, nothing.

And then Warren surges, becomes a threat to Biden in much the same way Kamala had been at one point, and it's like suddenly someone flipped Tulsi's switch again.

And is she doing this out of some sort of affinity for Biden? There was early speculation that she might be vying for a VP slot, but I don't buy that either! Because she doesn't display any sort of actual affinity for him. She just goes after whoever threatens his status as a frontrunner.

No, this is 100% it. We saw the same dynamic on Very Online left twitter play out - relentless attacks against Kamala as soon as she announced (including Bernie supporters working with Trumpsters to spread 'oppo' on her), and then a renewed focus on Liz as soon as the latter became a threat. That there are a nonzero amount of Bernie supporters I've seen who ~hate Tulsi~ but defend her constantly and enjoy using her as a weapon against Kamala and Liz... whew.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

After everything that has happened the last 3 years this honestly isnt on the tip of the crazy scale for me to think

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
AOC even went out and said that she, Bernie, and Liz were all on the same team. Which makes Tootsie's attacks even more egregious since she is attacking a supposed "comrade".

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody recall what was going on in Dec 2017 that caused trump to have his lowest approval rating? Was that the Obamacare vote?

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
Just realized with the DOJ investigation we are likely to get an Obama subpoena. At least that's where I think this is headed to.

I don't think that would ever happen because that pretty much would guarantee that Trump faces jail time when his presidency is over. I think right now his best chance of avoiding jail is if the next Democratic President turns the other cheek because they don't want such a deeply divided nation.

Honestly, I agree with the Twitter thread already posted that the NYTimes article is just a controlled leak to give conservatives fodder that all attacks on Trump are just witch hunts.

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
I'll let Bernie slide for the moment, but... you respect Tulsi?

Why? You're getting all the side-eye here.

Eh I was being polite, she is a fellow amercan / human being so in that regard on the most basic of levels sure but if her existence paves the way for someone a wannabe dictator to get re-elected, a leader that has gotten thousands upon thousands of people killed with his actions... I'm not even sure i'd respect her as a human.

I fear we are on path for a hiillary (warren this time)vs trump 2.0 matchup and disruptors acting in bad faith will give trump the win.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think that would ever happen because that pretty much would guarantee that Trump faces jail time when his presidency is over. I think right now his best chance of avoiding jail is if the next Democratic President turns the other cheek because they don't want such a deeply divided nation.

Honestly, I agree with the Twitter thread already posted that the NYTimes article is just a controlled leak to give conservatives fodder that all attacks on Trump are just witch hunts.
Honestly, Trump would jump at the chance to subpoena Obama. This is the same guy who released the Ukraine call memo over the concerns of staffers because he thought it would "exonerate" him. This is the same guy who thought firing Comey (for not dropping investigations into Russia) would make Democrats love him.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell are there 4 Tulsi Gabbard related threads in OT on the first page???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.