• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
As a white person this makes no sense though. Things are going to change no matter what they do. I think some men just want to watch the world burn and Barr is one of them

Barr wants to be one of the Commanders of the Faithful cultists. Dude has mid-level manager in Hell written all over him. That wacko speech he gave wasn't an accident, he's laying down the narrative that his people will use to mythologize their theocratic putsch through courts and minority political rule

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just would like to point out Warren was the only one not to comment on Tulsi vs Hillary.

Its Warren You Guys.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Or Biden.
There were multiple candidates that didn't comment on that whole situation.

So easy not to get caught into the Tulsi Trap, yet people did it anyways.

lol that Biden video, I love how he keeps having a train of thought that he just suddenly jumps ahead of. He didn't really defend her, kinda deflected the issue to the topic at large and didn't take a bullet for Tulsi for no reason.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
Wait..wait.. So now it's the DNC's fault for not rigging shit?

Unironically, the clown car primary this year and in 2016 on the GOP side indicates that parties have lost too much power in terms of winnowing and candidate selection. Normally people would drop out because they ran out of money or can't get campaign staff, things mediated by the party. They can't seem to wield this power any more and it's genuinely a problem. Not to put too fine a point on it, but if the GOP had had the power to exclude Trump from the primaries in 2015 the world would be a different, better place.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

Oh, didn't see this video lol
Of course he responded to it.
So easy not to get caught into the Tulsi Trap, yet people did it anyways.

lol that Biden video, I love how he keeps having a train of thought that he just suddenly jumps ahead of. He didn't really defend her, kinda deflected the issue to the topic at large and didn't take a bullet for Tulsi for no reason.
However, I feel like this reading of what he said was accurate.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
See, most of these people weren't asked. Booker had the instant meme side-eye and had a perfect non-side taking deflection when asked about it point blank, so he gets a medal.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
What's the word on the IG doing the FISA investigation? Career guy or in the tank?

oh, and I forgot this gem from talking to my mom. I asked her if she had read the call memo. She said she had and there was nothing wrong with it, because you had to "read the paragraphs separately". Separately. Because they were in separate calls and shouldn't be taken in context? I was literally screaming. (Actually screaming, it was exasperating. This is why we never talk politics.) There was also the part about how Northam (they are in VA) wants to kill babies coming out if the womb if they have Down Syndrome. And she is pro choice yet believes these things.

Last edited:

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
just shamelessly repeating GOP talking points

people on the left who like her are the biggest suckers on the planet
Yeah, literally all she had to do was endorse Bernie and then talk shit about the DNC and that was enough to get certain folks to fall for her.

Tulsi is the danger of a one-party state, all the conservative politicians in Hawaii worth their salt run as Democrats since they know they won't get elected as Republicans.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
The DoJ does not need to have a predicate to make an investigation criminal.
sure they do. it's not a super high bar but they need to have some reasonable indication that there's a crime; they can't just open up a criminal investigation for the hell of it and go fishing (that is, if everyone is following the rules)

(1) A general crimes investigation may be initiated by the FBI when facts or circumstances reasonably indicate that a federal crime has been, is being, or will be committed. The investigation may be conducted to prevent, solve, and prosecute such criminal activity.

The standard of "reasonable indication" is substantially lower than probable cause. In determining whether there is reasonable indication of a federal criminal violation, a Special Agent may take into account any facts or circumstances that a prudent investigator would consider. However, the standard does require specific facts or circumstances indicating a past, current, or impending violation. There must be an objective, factual basis for initiating the investigation; a mere hunch is insufficient.

i guess it's possible the news of it turning into a criminal investigation was leaked to distract from the president's latest problems but the actual 'crime' being investigated is some lame but legitimate 'someone lied to an investigator' allegation and not anything more explosive or nefarious.

What's the word on the IG doing the FISA investigation? Career guy or in the tank?
michael horowitz, he's been in the job since 2012. People have called him a straight shooter so I hope he hasn't lost his mind.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Has there ever been a politician so transparent, thinking herself so smart while grifting, as Tulsi Gabbard?

She's of course not running for re-election. Not long now until she stops running as a Democrat for president, like the plan was all along.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
The Right Wing Machine Behind The Scenes cannot take advantage of actual scandal now. They only see and concoct ones out of thin air or make mountains out of molehills. Wonder where they got that from.

Yes, I mean, Barr is on Plan F here, and 90% of what he's done since he got there is conspiracy theory firehose (cuz the administration is propped up on conspiracy theories right now) but this does have a nasty whiff of it mixing with that OTHER 10% he does, like shut down SDNY investigations into Individual-1's finance probe or blow off whistleblower recommendations.
Warren drinks a beer at home while Trump extorts foreign leaders, no problem

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
Tootsie endorsed Been in 2016 though. She served, guys. /s

She is as irritating as Eyepatch. Maybe even worse.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
That is super suspect. She can't win the nomination and won't run for re-election. What are people supposed to think? Hopefully she's just hoping to cash in and not something more sinister.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
She's going to Fox News instead of pretending to be a Democrat in Hawaii, as expected. That's why she won't get off Carlson's propaganda hour.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
That is super suspect. She can't win the nomination and won't run for re-election. What are people supposed to think? Hopefully she's just hoping to cash in and not something more sinister.

Russia is paying her so what do you expect she will do. She is going to go full on DNC rigged primary again and expect to get some small support from Bernie stans in PA/WI/MI

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
If Tulsi runs third party and trump wins 2020 because she was the disruptor that hillary predicted she would be. I honest to god will never forgive or respect her or bernie sanders for the rest of my life.... Keep in mindI am sayng IF though

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Good.

Her third party run (if she's stupid enough to try it) won't go anywhere besides the usual shit-for-brains trolls. Sanders will endorse the eventual nominee and the lion's share of his supporters (who are smaller in numbers this time) will follow along, especially if it's Warren.

Clinton was smart to call her out on it, now if Tulsi does run she'll have zero credibility among any liberal or Democrat.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
If Tulsi runs third party and trump wins 2020 because she was the disruptor that hillary predicted she would be. I honest to god will never forgive or respect her or bernie sanders for the rest of my life.... Keep in mindI am sayng IF though
I'll let Bernie slide for the moment, but... you respect Tulsi?

Why? You're getting all the side-eye here.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good.

Her third party run (if she's stupid enough to try it) won't go anywhere besides the usual shit-for-brains trolls. Sanders will endorse the eventual nominee and the lion's share of his supporters (who are smaller in numbers this time) will follow along, especially if it's Warren.

Clinton was smart to call her out on it, now if Tulsi does run she'll have zero credibility among any liberal or Democrat.
If there is one thing i have learned from the fuckery of the past, it's dismissing fuckery like this as 'good!', doesn't seem to work out. This Tulsi thing is worrying me. We got a lot of time left for the bots and propaganda to do their work.

Oct 25, 2017
Tulsi isn't seeking re election in HI-02.

latest

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Honestly, there's an important lesson here, that we've seen play out over and over again...

The inclination to appear fair, balanced, rational, thoughtful...is causing a worrisome number of people who really should know better to overlook blatantly obvious things because no, really, there has to be more to it than this!

Republicans and bad actors in general have learned that if you pull your grift right out in the open, the "smart people" will actually bend over backwards to come up with your alibi for you.

Every move that Tulsi is making has been obvious. So, so obvious.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Hillary, as always is right about everything lol
Say it again for the people in the back.
Honestly, there's an important lesson here, that we've seen play out over and over again...

The inclination to appear fair, balanced, rational, thoughtful...is causing a worrisome number of people who really should know better to overlook blatantly obvious things because no, really, there has to be more to it than this!

Republicans and bad actors in general have learned that if you pull your grift right out in the open, the "smart people" will actually bend over backwards to come up with your alibi for you.

Every move that Tulsi is making has been obvious. So, so obvious.
Also, another important lesson--Always listen to Hillary Clinton.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
If there is one thing i have learned from the fuckery of the past, it's dismissing fuckery like this as 'good!', doesn't seem to work out. This Tulsi thing is worrying me. We got a lot of time left for the bots and propaganda to do their work.
It's "good" in that she won't be in Congress anymore. I'm aware of the possible ramifications, that's why I laid out why I don't think it'll be that big of a deal (but I could be wrong!).

Status
Not open for further replies.