• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
EHrX-vdVUAAgyXx.jpg

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The South Bend stuff is 10x worse than Jeremiah Wright or even Biden's Iraq War vote. When the events went down earlier in the year I didn't understand why it wasn't instantly disqualifying.
Because, you know, when black people raise their voices in concern, it's because we're being irrational and complaining about not getting enough special treatment and free stuff.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Morrison's testimony is expected to be significant bc his name was cited 15 times in Taylor's opening statement. But two sources say Morrison will contend that he didn't see anything wrong with what administration did, while one of the sources said there will be "nuance"

Morrison, whose notes are expected to form the basis of his testimony, has told associates he wants to cooperate with the probe -- even though the White House has railed against an inquiry it has contended is "illegitimate." w/@arogDC @kylieatwood @PamelaBrownCNN

Morrison's attorney says he is asking for a subpoena to cooperate

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Because, you know, when black people raise their voices in concern, it's because we're being irrational and complaining about not getting enough special treatment and free stuff.

Yeah, it's clearer and clearer that Great Awokening theory might not apply uniformly to white liberals or at all to center-left Democrats.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I feel like some of the pearl clutching re: the DOJ thing is contingent on them being competent at being evil.

Thus far they have not been able to clear that bar.

Oct 27, 2017
They have control of the offices needed to generate fraudulent charges to use for butter emails 2.0 at will, or to straight-up lock up political opponents and dare the courts to stop them

That's a possibility, but if the Strzok non-indictment is anything to go by, they aren't getting friendly DC juries for their bullshit and making up evidence whole cloth against agencies paid to root-out actual smart criminal conspiracies will be tough.

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
what on earth is a democratic candidate doing on hannity reciting jim jordan's talking points.

pelosi, do something

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
what on earth is a democratic candidate doing on hannity reciting jim jordan's talking points.

pelosi, do something
You can't do something. It's not worth it. She wants someone to do something. She wants to be the victim. She knows her 10 minutes in the party are almost up, and she's gonna line up that sweet Fox News gig on her way out.

Tankette

Oct 30, 2017
Rest_of_WaPo_Editorial_Board-GO_POUND_DIRT_MARC_THIESSEN.png

Having the rest of the WaPo Editorial Board proverbially body-slamming Marc Thiessen whenever he opens his mouth almost makes me want WaPo to keep him.

...almost.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
The beer thing felt pretty forced and awkward to me, at the time. Fucker Carlson commenting on it 9 months later is really stupid though. Literal non story

The Right Wing Machine Behind The Scenes cannot take advantage of actual scandal now. They only see and concoct ones out of thin air or make mountains out of molehills. Wonder where they got that from.

I feel like some of the pearl clutching re: the DOJ thing is contingent on them being competent at being evil.

Thus far they have not been able to clear that bar.

Yes, I mean, Barr is on Plan F here, and 90% of what he's done since he got there is conspiracy theory firehose (cuz the administration is propped up on conspiracy theories right now) but this does have a nasty whiff of it mixing with that OTHER 10% he does, like shut down SDNY investigations into Individual-1's finance probe or blow off whistleblower recommendations.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
The DOJ investigation is scary because they actually have the means to enforce their subpoenas, and they will be "investigating" political enemies. Literally Gestapo shit.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
They have control of the offices needed to generate fraudulent charges to use for butter emails 2.0 at will, or to straight-up lock up political opponents and dare the courts to stop them
But they need to have a reason right?

I mean what good is it going to do going after Obama Administration people? They are not in government anymore. I really don't think they are going to lock up Obama.

And they can't lock up Biden either. Unless they do a probe into his son's Ukraine stuff then I guess they could...

Yeah, even talking about this is bonkers. But I guess it's not unexpected. Trump has threatened to lock up his political opponents since his debate with Hillary, and probably even before that. I guess it's not surprising as we head into election year that he starts to act on it. The question is, how far will he go?

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017

I see that Mitch is upset but I wonder if he truly understands why
Does he understand how most of the country thinks he's an obstructionist asshole who played a huge role in ushering in this era of hyperpartisanship
Or does he think he just has a bad reputation for reasons that aren't his fault and that's why he's crying when no one wants to shake his hand

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
As for CA-25, prior to Hill the district hasn't had a Democratic Rep since 1993. When a district in California has a GOP Rep. for close to 30 years straight, then I don't think it's reaching to say it leans heavily Republican. As for the Presidential point spread, this is California. Even our blood red districts that aren't way out in the sticks will occasionally vote for Democratic Presidential candidates. A better indicator of party strength and infrastructure in a district is which party party has controlled the district the last 10-15 years. Obviously the CA-25th is trending toward the Democrats, but Katie Hill is a freshmen Democrat in a district that's been controlled by Republicans since 1993. So Gaetz giving her some cover fire does help her, regardless of whatever his motivations are.
You do realize that CA-25 has encompassed different locations over the years, right? It hasn't always included parts of Los Angeles and Ventura. In 1993, the era you describe, it contained A LOT of red territory, explaining its Republican lean. This principle applies to congressional districts in general: they keep the same number but don't always include the same locations in the state after redistricting.

The CA-25 we're discussing has only existed and been in effect since 2012, and it is NOT a heavily Republican district.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Tom Perez is such a moron for letting Tulsi be anywhere near a Democratic debate
Put your damn foot down on this shit already or get a new job. Period

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Rest_of_WaPo_Editorial_Board-GO_POUND_DIRT_MARC_THIESSEN.png

Having the rest of the WaPo Editorial Board proverbially body-slamming Marc Thiessen whenever he opens his mouth almost makes me want WaPo to keep him.

...almost.

they're literally paying a dude to lie and the response "republicans are wrong too" is maybe not the best retort to a literal lie

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
So basically just open up multiple investigations because reasons so they can indict and potentially arrest someone
Basically. Even if they don't go full Gestapo (which... Barr's opining about how Good, Actually a Christian theocracy would be this month makes me think they have no qualms doing so), they can muddy the waters by having all sorts of reports about criminal investigations about x, y, or z. I think the media is getting better about this but I don't trust that their love of the horse race won't end up winning out.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Basically. Even if they don't go full Gestapo (which... Barr's opining about how Good, Actually a Christian theocracy would be this month makes me think they have no qualms doing so), they can muddy the waters by having all sorts of reports about criminal investigations about x, y, or z. I think the media is getting better about this but I don't trust that their love of the horse race won't end up winning out.
Lol normalize the DOJ turning into the USA Gestapo to push the horse race narrative so CNN can make more money
Yeah... count on it

The more I think about it the more I am worried not only about 2020 but the country's future. This kind of environment is not viable long term. Even if Dems win next year... if this is always the alternative, we are eternally fucked.

And yeah Barr's statement about the lack of faith or whatever in this country was weird. I mean sure have your opinion and feelings on that. But you're the AG not a theocratic leader.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Smh. Really hope that the people defending her open their eyes.
Not if Bernie has anything to say about it.

You can't do something. It's not worth it. She wants someone to do something. She wants to be the victim. She knows her 10 minutes in the party are almost up, and she's gonna line up that sweet Fox News gig on her way out.
The only person saying Tulsi is relevant is Tulsi herself. (And Bernie.)

It's a grift. She's cut from the same cloth as this administration.

The more I think about it the more I am worried not only about 2020 but the country's future. This kind of environment is not viable long term. Even if Dems win next year... if this is always the alternative, we are eternally fucked.
Doubtful. Eternity is a really long time.

But it's going to get worse before it ever gets better, for sure. The last gasps of white power are going to linger for decades. (I think the only question is whether or not there's enough time for things to get better before our species goes extinct; I wouldn't put any real money on it.)

Last edited:

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
A bisexual democrat...nazi? This seems a bit far fetched. What's that you say? Matt Gaetz is defending her? Hmm perhaps a closer look is warranted.

Oct 27, 2017
But it's going to get worse before it ever gets better, for sure. The last gasps of white power are going to linger for decades. (I think the only question is whether or not there's enough time for things to get better before our species goes extinct; I wouldn't put any real money on it.)

You'll need the cash to buy Ron Paul Freedom Vittles™ before SHTF

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Not if Bernie has anything to say about it.

The only person saying Tulsi is relevant is Tulsi herself. (And Bernie.)

It's a grift. She's cut from the same cloth as this administration.

Doubtful. Eternity is a really long time.

As a white person this makes no sense though. Things are going to change no matter what they do. I think some men just want to watch the world burn and Barr is one of them

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
As a white person this makes no sense though. Things are going to change no matter what they do. I think some men just want to watch the world burn and Barr is one of them
American society was built largely as an exclusionary construct, by white people, for white people.

It's a reaction to losing power and losing your place in society. As long as you can keep the minorities beneath you, you remain on top, where you've always been told you belong.

That's why they'll gladly burn everything down, as long as it burns minorities even just a little more. It's not a rational reaction, but it does make sense. And until the power is taken from them and they lose all ability to reclaim it, this is what they will keep trying to do.

But it's not a fight they can ultimately win (unless they succeed in destroying everything first, and we all just die off).

Status
Not open for further replies.