• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Why is Barr not knee deep in impeachement talk like Trump is? Remember, I think multiple people that have testified in recent weeks went to DOJ about this stuff and Barr's DOJ declined to investigate and failed to see any "there" there.

That's a clear and obvious coverup, no?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Barr not knee deep in impeachement talk like Trump is? Remember, I think multiple people that have testified in recent weeks went to DOJ about this stuff and Barr's DOJ declined to investigate and failed to see any "there" there.

I think that's a decision to be made later that you can do at the end of the "investigation" period. It absolutely should happen.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix

I hope they are saving Barr for the end game.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely, and arguably he needs to go sooner rather than later
I think that's a decision to be made later that you can do at the end of the "investigation" period. It absolutely should happen.
I hope they are saving Barr for the end game.
I sure as hell hope so! He's probably the most dangerous guy out there. Need to take his ass down before he causes some 2020 election chaos. You know that's what he's hard at work on now.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
The sheer amount of money that Trump spends on lawyers must be insane. Like millions of dollars a month right?

fragamemnon

Nov 30, 2017
Barr is awful but a distraction. We can deal with Trump strictly through political processes. Going after the DOJ is just taking your eyes off the prize.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Pete Buttigieg, I just...

Now there's a $20 donation I'll never get back.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I'm assuming it was implied tax payers are paying for it, just like we pay for everything he does.
Either the money is coming from
1) GOP donors
2) RNC account
3) taxpayer funded

He's not paying for shit. Motherfucker is stingier than a rat's asshole.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
Oct 26, 2017

Because while Republicans are quietly mortified of Trump, they all feel Barr is doing the Lord's work for them. Barr has on many occasions successfully minimized the damage from Trump's criminal behavior while also going on offense against Democrats. Barr is their boy, so there will be zero support from Republicans for Barr's impeachment.

As for Democrats, they're trying to keep their eye on the prize. Going after Barr without having enough clear cut evidence of wrong-doing will be perceived as partisan and a distraction. Even though Trump mentioned Barr several times in the July 25th call, there hasn't been any additional evidence (at least shown to the public) that Barr was fully engaged with the extortion scheme. The DoJ has been doing gymnastics to keep Barr away from this scandal. My guess is that Barr was smart enough not to leave a paper trail or talk to anyone who wasn't a primary principle (ie. Rudy or Trump) in the scheme.

But if evidence comes out that Barr was indeed involved then the Dems can go after him once Trump's impeachment trial is done. Depending how the impeachment trial goes, Barr might even resign on his own if he ends up having a lot of exposure.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Mental gymnastics

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Alabama) says he and 22 other House Freedom Caucus members met with Trump today to discuss impeachment, at the White House's request.

"We assured President Trump that we have his back" and that there's "no credible evidence of an impeachable offense," he says.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I know you jest, but, it has to be. He is THAT disappointing. Now he even has ties with Zuckerburg.
lol, his "ties with Zuckerberg" are...they were at Harvard at the same time.

Sometimes I'm amazed some of you guys were able to vote for Hillary Clinton at all, let alone do it enthusiastically.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
...I wore my good Andrew Christians for THIS?
True story: We went to the club for my husband's birthday, and some little twink tried to hit on him by saying he had on his Andrew Christians.....my husband nicely told him to fuck off....especially after he told him he looked really hot for "at least 40." (My husband is not 40).
Al Franken

We forgive you, king
giphy.gif

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
lol, his "ties with Zuckerberg" are...they were at Harvard at the same time.

Sometimes I'm amazed some of you guys were able to vote for Hillary Clinton at all, let alone do it enthusiastically.
I thought I just read they were talking, even about his campaign, getting advice, but, maybe that was fake news.

Status
Not open for further replies.