• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
Now the goalposts have shifted to "civility"
Not really. Because you can call her trash for supporting a certain issue. That's different from my argument.

When that state stance is "the chemical attacks were false flags" it's pretty fucking goddamn bad.
And who said you couldn't call her out on that? What I'm saying is that to call someone an asset is a dumb criticism. It descends all criticisms to "you're allied with this country on this position, therefore you're bad." It's unnecessary as you guys have proven by calling out her positions. Nobody is saying don't attack her lmao

Oct 25, 2017
No. Call her out for her foreign policy ideas. Attack her ideas as bad and hideous. Supporting drone strikes is a hideous idea.

Don't attack someone with Cold War intelligence slurs as short-hand for political disagreement.

Did Tulsi Gabbard take money from Russia?
What about Russian bot signal boosting and hours of coverage on Russian state tv?

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
No. Call her out for her foreign policy ideas. Attack her ideas as bad and hideous. Supporting drone strikes is a hideous idea.

Don't attack someone with Cold War intelligence slurs as short-hand for political disagreement.

How is it a "Cold War" slur when Russia hacked us not even three years ago and has been subverting our and others' democracy, trying to manipulate politicians, and trying to get people sympathetic to its interests elected?

Armaros

Oct 25, 2017
Not really. Because you can call her trash for supporting a certain issue. That's different from my argument.

And who said you couldn't call her out on that? What I'm saying is that to call someone an asset is a dumb criticism. It descends all criticisms to "you're allied with this country on this position, therefore you're bad." It's unnecessary as you guys have proven by calling out her positions. Nobody is saying don't attack her lmao

"You can attack her individual stances but you cant put them all together to show that they all align with Russia, thats a bridge too far"

And are you seriously trying to "both Sides' fucking Assad?

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Donors to her campaign in the first quarter of the year included: Stephen F. Cohen, a Russian studies professor at New York University and prominent Kremlin sympathizer; Sharon Tennison, a vocal Putin supporter who nonetheless found herself detained by Russian authorities in 2016; and an employee of the Kremlin-backed broadcaster RT, who appears to have donated under the alias "Goofy Grapes."

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Calling someone a Russian asset is red-baiting horseshit without proof.

1.You don't know what an asset is
2.Kremlin controlled propaganda outlets are supporting her (which makes her an asset)
3.She was asked MULTIPLE TIMES to denounce this type of support, she refused
4.She supports multiple dictators which causes her foreign policies to allign with Russia's
5.She constantly spouts shit about the DNC being corrupt and primary being rigged (classic russian tactics in 2016 to suppress liberal voters)
6.She had a trumpian response to Hillary's (factual) criticisms
7.She's a regular on Tucker Carlsons white power hour
8.She runs ads on Brietbart
9.Hillary told us about Trump and the russians last time and nobody listened, even though everythign she said ended up being true

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

She's traveled to Syria as a guest of Assad on someone else's dime. Syria is a vassal state of Russia. Transitive properties apply.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not on everyone else to watch their tongue for fear of offending lefties interested in relitigating stuff from 3-7 decades ago.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017

Hillary should have just said she's cancelled.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Please go here:

And realize she's still part of this cult. She's well out of "polite disagreement" territory. And she's WELL into useful idiot territory. She's been proped up on Russian state media, pushed by Russian bots, yeah she might not be actively working for Russia, but that doesn't meant they aren't pushing her as an asset to dig a divide and wouldn't be overjoyed if she went third party.

SerAardvark

Oct 25, 2017
This whole argument is really simple.

Why is Tulsi running? What is the rationale?

How else will homophobic Hindu-nationalists who selectively support or oppose military action in the Middle East depending on who they are trying to appeal to and obsessively watch Tucker Carlson be represented in government without Tulsi in the White House?

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017

Hillary didn't say that she did, so I don't see how this is relevant.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
It would be more accurate to say Russia considers her an asset because of _______ than to just throw it out there like a Twitter hot take.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
Defending Gabbard with this stance is extremely disingenuous and acts as a slap in the face to innocent people through history that were actually unfairly accused.
Not disingenuous at all. Disagree with people's ideas. Criticize them.

The problem wasn't whether or not there actually were people with beliefs in line with Communism during the Red Scare. There were. It was about people using the hysteria to overestimate Russia's actual ability to impact US policy and throw attacks at political opponents and dissidents. Winning elections and pressuring them into positions they would not normally hold.

The tough on Russia, tough man approach got us into Vietnam. Leaving Vietnam means you are weak. Leaving Vietnam means you must be a pinko.

Calling someone a Russian asset without proof is stupid and should be called out. Even if the person you are calling out is completely wrong about everything else.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I am really starting to believe that Sanders really lives inside a bubble and lacks political nuance and foresight. I know people have said this before but it's starting to click with me as well.

Imagine the blowback if it is found out that Tulsi does in fact serve the interests of Russia.. that's campaign ending. This is not a risk worth taking whatsoever.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
wow i can't believe a candidate for president of the united states is an ARE TROOPS bootlicker

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
How is it a "Cold War" slur when Russia hacked us not even three years ago and has been subverting our and others' democracy, trying to manipulate politicians, and trying to get people sympathetic to its interests elected?
Something existing does not mean the threshold to call someone out without evidence is lower.

If she is taking money from Russian oligarchs to give speeches or access you may have a point and I would concede.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I am really starting to believe that Sanders really lives inside a bubble and lacks political nuance and foresight. I know people have said this before but it's starting to click with me as well.

Imagine the blowback if it is found out that Tulsi does in fact serve the interests of Russia.. that's campaign ending. This is not a risk worth taking whatsoever.
Welcome to the resistance.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not disingenuous at all. Disagree with people's ideas. Criticize them.

The problem wasn't whether or not there actually were people with beliefs in line with Communism during the Red Scare. There were. It was about people using the hysteria to overestimate Russia's actual ability to impact US policy and throw attacks at political opponents and dissidents. Winning elections and pressuring them into positions they would not normally hold.

The tough on Russia, tough man approach got us into Vietnam. Leaving Vietnam means you are weak. Leaving Vietnam means you must be a pinko.

Calling someone a Russian asset without proof is stupid and should be called out. Even if the person you are calling out is completely wrong about everything else.
Actually yes it is disingenuous.

Gabbard's ideas have gotten plenty of criticism as as her support of drone strikes, her coziness with Assad, her anti-gay cult activity, her extremely frequent appearances on Tucker Carlson, her receiving money from infamous pro-Putin donors, etc.

Tulsi is literally an asset and it's very, very bizarre to watch folks try to bend the meaning of that word in order to somehow defend that tool.

KidAAlbum

Nov 18, 2017
dont be ridiculous, no matter how artful she worded it, the same people here would be concern trolling for Gabbard still.

they still are
Oh so you couldn't point out where I shifted my argument. And there are still people in here being dishonest.

Concern trolling. Holy shit. No, I just thought the attacks of someone being an asset is inherently dumb. Attacking the issues which almost everyone here does already, is better.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh so you couldn't point out where I shifted my argument. And there are still people in here being dishonest.

Concern trolling. Holy shit. No, I just thought the attacks of someone being an asset is inherently dumb. Attacking the issues which almost everyone here does already, is better.
Treating a statement of fact as a standard-issue political attack is a big issue with how you're framing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.