• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Some folks working overtime.

Amazing: in @latimes political coverage, Warren, who was an affable professor beloved by her students, gets her opponents' attacks on her as an "elitist" and her salary mentioned right up top. Meanwhile Pete, who was never a professor, is described as an... "affable professor."

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I like whenever Republicans have to spin losses in red states because they betray some horrible truth about the state of the party.

"JBE only won in Louisiana because his opponent was caught up in sex scandals!"

"Doug Jones only won because his opponent was a pedophile!"

"Laura Kelly only won because her opponent was notoriously racist and corrupt (and we're probably going to nominate him for the Senate race next year)!"

"Beshear only won because Bevin was an incompetent governor!"

Like gee, isn't it so weird how this keeps happening.

Nothing will ever top "Virginia's a blue state anyway," though.
Listen, economic anxiety manifests itself in many forms.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Listen, economic anxiety manifests itself in many forms.
People don't want to hear about BATHROOMS, they want to hear about JOBS

Please ignore that the only campaign in 2016 that was specifically about a bathroom bill, North Carolina's gubernatorial race, flipped red to blue despite Trump winning the state because the incumbent R was a dumbass who pissed off every business interest in the state

Or that Danica Roem won her seat in 2017 by talking about healthcare and roads while her opponent (who wrote the bathroom bill) wouldn't shut up about the fact that Danica was trans

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

#NY02: Email to me from former Rep. Rick Lazio (R), who represented part of this district from 1993-01: "I just heard the news about Pete King's announcement and I will be thinking through what that means for the district - beyond the obvious."

Another character coming back from the past, Lazio was the one who lost to Clinton in NY senate race 2000 and lost the NY governor primary in 2010 to noted POS Carl Paladino

Lazio is now a punchline for 30 Rock with the Greenzo episode and that really good cutaway joke

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Schumer taking the time to tweet about a racist ass House member from his state who's just retiring (and not dead) is embarrassing as hell.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That's the way it should be. Let the top leadership be polite about King's departure, and the younger ones can lay into his record and how he's the Nth Republican to conveniently retire rather than stand up to Trump.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Belatedly, in regards to Nikki Haley: Why the fuck would anyone be stupid enough to personally document that they chose to be on the wrong side of history in their own memoirs. When the worm turns you'v given up your ability to say you ever tried to do the right thing while confirming that two people you dislike did (kinda).

She's thinking about the next Republican National Primary and no further.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

Maggie Haberman @maggieNYT

Now potus claims he lifted Bevin overnight and now its 19 points not 17 points. https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1193893631616270336 …

So with one Rally by me at the end of the campaign, I lift the poll numbers of Kentucky Governor Matt Bevin by 19 points, he just misses, every other Republican in the Commonwealth wins big, and the Fake News blames me for a bad night! OK! By the way, Mississippi won everything!​

9:11 AM - Nov 11, 2019

And yet again, Virginia just doesn't exist.

pigeon

Oct 25, 2017
In case anyone, ever needs to attack Bernie on some issue, here is a document that should help courtesy of @TheLoyalO. They are a political action committee, comprised entirely of volunteer staff, combating the clear and present danger that our country will slide into autocracy under the Trump administration. They also do opposition research for Democratic candidates.

This is one of the co-founders

Guess they are picking up David Brock's mantle and Correcting the Record

In fairness, that is also how I felt when I saw Bernie's statement, since it was a very bad statement that denied the white supremacy inherent in Trump's campaign.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
What's the profile of a trump to Blankenship voter? He's not exactly an establishment republican.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
She was too good for Kingdom Hearts 3 :(

And also for Aerith in KH2, who was then voiced by Mena Suvari and probably the worst VA downgrade in the series.
Apparently Mandy Moore had a prior commitment during production of KH3 according to this.

On Topic: Tulsi is pushing really hard in NH. I've been getting 1-2 calls a day from phonebankers looking to get people to meet her.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Democrats don't owe Pete King anything. He will give us all the finger on the way out when he proudly defends Trump on all the cable shows, because like every other Republican, he agrees with him on all the important stuff.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like whenever Republicans have to spin losses in red states because they betray some horrible truth about the state of the party.

"JBE only won in Louisiana because his opponent was caught up in sex scandals!"

"Doug Jones only won because his opponent was a pedophile!"

"Laura Kelly only won because her opponent was notoriously racist and corrupt (and we're probably going to nominate him for the Senate race next year)!"

"Beshear only won because Bevin was an incompetent governor!"

Like gee, isn't it so weird how this keeps happening.

Nothing will ever top "Virginia's a blue state anyway," though.
Love this comment

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Apparently Mandy Moore had a prior commitment during production of KH3 according to this.

On Topic: Tulsi is pushing really hard in NH. I've been getting 1-2 calls a day from phonebankers looking to get people to meet her.
Doesn't explain why she, and nearly the rest of the FF cast was gone for KH2, other than Square being cheap.

Cloud's voice actor was the only one to return from KH1. Squall, Aerith, Yuffie and Sephiroth all had new actors while Cid wasn't voiced in the first game. Squall was slightly worse, Yuffie and Sephiroth were lateral moves at worst (everyone WTFed at Lance Bass playing Seph in the first game, but I'd be really curious to hear how he would have done with actual dialogue), Aerith just sucked.

Also lost Billy Zane as Ansem (or Xehanort or whatever) who was amazing in the first game. The new guy was fine I guess.

ValiantChaos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't explain why she, and nearly the rest of the FF cast was gone for KH2, other than Square being cheap.

Cloud's voice actor was the only one to return from KH1. Squall, Aerith, Yuffie and Sephiroth all had new actors while Cid wasn't voiced in the first game. Squall was slightly worse, Yuffie and Sephiroth were lateral moves at worst (everyone WTFed at Lance Bass playing Seph in the first game, but I'd be really curious to hear how he would have done with actual dialogue), Aerith just sucked.

Also lost Billy Zane as Ansem (or Xehanort or whatever) who was amazing in the first game. The new guy was fine I guess.

2 songs in smash.....

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Didn't Zane get taken off KH2 because he did that Valley of the Wolves movie based off the Hood incident in the Iraq War?

I only remembered that movie because Jon Stewart made fun of the movie on Daily Show.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Didn't Zane get taken off KH2 because he did that Valley of the Wolves movie based off the Hood incident in the Iraq War?

I only remembered that movie because Jon Stewart made fun of the movie on Daily Show.
Blacklisting Zane while keeping fucking James Woods around as Hades would be the peak Hollywood move, I guess.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Blacklisting Zane while keeping fucking James Woods around as Hades would be the peak Hollywood move, I guess.
I read somewhere that Disney actually has contracts with all their voice actors that gives the original film voice actors right of first refusal for any future projects that involve the characters. It would be far easier to recast most of the classic Disney characters at this point, but many of the original voices still voice their respective characters because of this.

And, well, James Woods still openly talks about how much he enjoys voicing Hades. Sucks, but it's one of his favorite roles and he's always eager to reprise it.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Was in the mood to listen to a SCOTUS case today, so I'm listening to Kansas v. Glover

The more years I listen to these cases, the more I've come to despise Alito's style.
My jaw also dropped at some of Robert's questioning:

CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS:No, the point is most of us can say. And the reason is because reasonable suspicion does not have to be based on statistics, it does not have to be based on specialized experience. As we've said often, it can be based on common sense.

But reasonable suspicion doesn't depend upon the kind of showing that you seem to demand, whether it's a statistical study or special experience.

MS. HARRINGTON: Mr. Chief Justice, I'm not saying that the state has to put in any particular type of evidence. But, if they're just relying on an assertion of common sense, they have to give us some way to assess whether that is a reasonable common-sense inference.

CHIEF JUSTICE ROBERTS: They don't -- I was just going to say if they're relying on common sense, they don't have to give you anything more than common sense.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Help me ERA: the stuff going on in Bolivia. Coup or the voice of the people? Twitter ain't helping me, clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.