• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
by god we've got the lowest property taxes in the country

tenor.gif

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Politically, I'm a simple man. Just give me nationwide automatic voter registration and the Eisenhower tax rates.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
AZGOP:

Dr. Kelli Ward @kelliwardaz

Should we look toward an #ElectoralCollege type system at the state level? #Elections2019

10:14 PM - Nov 6, 2019

Trevor Nelson @CTrevorNelson

Nope
(How is a Republican against local control? )

10:16 PM - Nov 6, 2019

How is listening to every part of the state "against local control?" I don't think the Feds should implement it, states should. As a rural AZ resident, it is frustrating that the state's population centers, Phoenix & Tucson, could control politics in this conservative state.

10:33 PM - Nov 6, 2019

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That Bill Gates interview is a giant Yikes.

Warren and Bernie really showing the world what Billionaires really are about.

They really are a policy failure.

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Mueller is yet another Lucy that said they have a football the Charlie Brown Democrats could kick.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
Even though Gabbard qualified I hope she has the self respect to realize no one likes her and the country does not want her in any kind of political office anywhere on the planet in any variation of earth across the multiverse. I will respect her greatly if she acknowledges that truthful fact and does not taint the upcoming debate with her unwanted presence so that the adults may have a civil discourse n the room.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
AZGOP:

Should we look toward an #ElectoralCollege type system at the state level? #Elections2019

Nope

How is listening to every part of the state "against local control?" I don't think the Feds should implement it, states should. As a rural AZ resident, it is frustrating that the state's population centers, Phoenix & Tucson, could control politics in this conservative state.

Land doesn't vote, Kelli, getting high off the chemtrails again

stressboy

Oct 25, 2017
AZGOP:

Nope

LOL at the comments.

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
I wonder how the next presidental election would look vote wise if they legally banned anyone that used a primary email address that ended in "@aol.com"

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how the next presidental election would look vote wise if they legally banned anyone that used a primary email address that ended in "@aol.com"
I have an AOL email address still :(

TO BE FAIR I only have it because it used to be a Netscape.net address but AOL bout them at some point. I never had AOL internet.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At this point what has Trump accused his opponents of that wasn't projection?

Maybe he's secretly the Zodiac Killer.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
AZGOP:

Nope

It's funny... but I think this is the next step from the GOP, gerrymandering the electoral map -- which is as infuriating as it is scary. It was talked about here in PA when Corbett was Governor. If Dems win the WH in 2020 I wouldn't be shocked if red states really take a hard look at this and try to start doing it by 2024.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How does one gerrymander the electoral map?

It's based on statewide election.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
How does one gerrymander the electoral map?

It's based on statewide election.
Basically if all the red states got together and do what Maine does on a larger scale.
And it could apply to governor races etc. too if they changed their laws.

Sorry, I was thinking purely in GOP terms of how they will find new ways to win, I know she was talking about a statewide election but it's the same mentality used for red states splitting up their EV's for Presidential elections really

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
If there are more liberals in the state than conservatives, maybe it's not a "conservative state" Kelly

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow did Alabama have to walk their shit waaaaaaaay back

Jason Rothfarb, vice president for Student Affairs for University of Alabama SGA, issued a follow-up statement regarding his previous email related to disruptions during the Alabama/LSU football game. The email was published via social media:

"Some have misinterpreted my comment regarding "disruptive behavior." As with other games this season, Organization's Block Seating locations will be clearly marked, but at certain times, other students can and should have access to open seats. By disruptive behavior, we are asking students to be respectful to all students and staff and avoid altercations.

My email has nothing do with anyone's First Amendment rights and I am sorry for any confusion. Please express yourself and especially your pride for the Tide."

Rothfarb's comments come after a letter was sent to block seat groups warning that "Any organizations that engage in disruptive behavior during the game will be removed from block seating instantly for the remainder of the season."

The cautionary note was sent just days before President Trump's expected appearance at Bryant Denny Stadium.

In a separate statement, Jackson Fuentes, SGA Press Secretary, said "The SGA strongly affirms its belief in free speech and the rights of all students to express their opinions. Today's report erroneously assigned a political context to a message meant only to remind students about heightened security and the consequences of altercations or other behaviors unbecoming of a University of Alabama student, as defined in the Capstone Creed.

"We look forward to cheering on the Crimson Tide, alongside the student body, on Saturday afternoon."

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I admire Evers not mincing words

Republicans defended their vote to reject Brad Pfaff, who has headed the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection since January. They argued manure storage rules Pfaff has been developing would hurt struggling farmers amid one of the worst downturns for the dairy industry.

But Evers said the lawmakers were punishing Pfaff for sticking up for farmers and publicly criticizing Republicans who control the Legislature for holding back suicide prevention funds.

"If I was a total cynic I'd say, 'Keep your damn mouth shut,' but I'm not. I want them to be forthcoming. I want them to be professional. That's why we hired them," Evers said, referring to other cabinet members who have not yet been approved by the Senate. "To think that they're going to have to keep their mouth shut for the next, who knows — four years — in order to get approved by this Senate, this is just absolute bullshit."

LOL. He's 110% right too

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Something something liberals are killing free speech on college campuses something something

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
AZGOP:

Nope

barely winning Maricopa would win you an electoral college of Arizona no matter what god these people are so dumb

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
I'll say... one thing a student section of a college sports event really really hates is being told what not to do. Even if it's a thing they'd otherwise maybe agree with, man, they really fucking don't want to be told what they can and can't do. And they can get veeeeeeeeeeery very loud and very very vulgar once annoyed. This could be extremely unpredictable.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
It's funny... but I think this is the next step from the GOP, gerrymandering the electoral map -- which is as infuriating as it is scary. It was talked about here in PA when Corbett was Governor. If Dems win the WH in 2020 I wouldn't be shocked if red states really take a hard look at this and try to start doing it by 2024.
Would be extraordinarily short-sighted and dumb.

Trump proved in 2016 that MI, WI, PA, FL, OH can be won outright. If you started dividing those up by districts, guess who would benefit? Just adding the Dem-held districts in those states to Clinton's 2016 total would award the Democrat an additional 37 electoral votes. They would literally only need one more vote - anywhere - to win! Just winning the statewide vote then in any of those states would do the trick. And all just to ensure that some - but not all - of those EVs would definitively stay red.

While things could certainly change in 2022, just about every state where the GOP might be expected to pull something like this has a Dem Governor, legislature or both anyway. There's no advantage to trying this unless they somehow get the trifecta in definitively blue states.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
why would they do this when they just won them outright in 2016

Prodigal Son

Oct 27, 2017
That Bill Gates interview is a giant Yikes.

Warren and Bernie really showing the world what Billionaires really are about.

They really are a policy failure.
has warren ever suggested anything even slightly tantamount to billionaires being a policy failure? its so weird that people pretend theyre even in the same ballpark on that issue

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
One intern reports thatTrump privately mused that he could win back the crowd if he agrees to throw the first pitch at the Alabama game that is coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.