• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Once again I would like to know why we should give Butti a pass for his atrocious messaging with black voters when we didnt do that for sanders

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

At a DC fundraiser, Biden again slammed Warren for saying he should be in the GOP primary due to M4A criticism. "God love her. That's not the way you get things done, man." Instead GOP pols will have "epiphany" once Trump leaves, he said, per pool report.

Biden on getting things done post Trump: "With Donald Trump out of the way, you're going to see a number of my Republican colleagues have an epiphany. Mark my words. Mark my words,"

"Now the people that are running against me tell me I'm naïve, one said I should be in the Republican primary, God love her. That's not the way you get things done, man. You don't go in and tell people that they disagree there's something fundamentally wrong with them."

Warren promises far bigger policy changes than Biden, and it's fair to question whether she's setting up voters for disappointment if she does win. But Biden's promise of an "epiphany" (which he's been making for months) & bipartisanship is also dubious https://t.co/Xn4adbKnAO

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
What did I miss, why all the hate for Pete?
My take is both his political strategy and the fact that it's working, perhaps impacting some favored candidates (Warren)

Can someone explain how one senator can block everything?
My understanding is for Dems to get anything on the floor, they have to use the Unanimous Consent rule, which requires only person to object (self-explanatory)

lmao who thought spawn of ron had morals and character
The libertarian-curious

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
It's not okay to say Joe is in the wrong primary tbh. It's okay to make your starting point improving on ACA and not going all in supporting M4A. Frankly, a public option should be the next step, as much as I wish we could have M4A.

My problem with Biden is that he's acting like an idiot and is also getting increasingly rusty. He should have run in 2016, period.
He says the GOP will finally come around as they are literally thinking about including him in Trump's impeachment trial.
Like, dude. Look at what is going on in front of you.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
Just like 2016, Bernie once again has the most fervent/loyal supporters of the primary. No surprise there. But also just like 2016, the question is: Are there enough of them?

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Vera Bergengruen @VeraMBergen

Incredible (and yet credible): Taylor told investigators that it was hard to gather natsec officials together to discuss Ukraine in part because the issue of "purchasing Greenland...took up a lot of energy in the NSC"

Schiff: "Ok. That's disturbing for a whole different reason."

OTxjBDZ.png

4:19 PM - Nov 6, 2019

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
oh my god mcconnell and co. constantly invoking the "Biden rule" during the SCOTUS blockade was the most insufferable thing ever

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
US PoliEra 2019 |OT9| "Ok. That's disturbing for a whole different reason."

NBC News @NBCNews

NEW: Kentucky Gov. Bevin has filed a formal request for a recanvass of Tuesday night's gubernatorial election which appears to have left the incumbent roughly 5,150 votes short of re-election, losing in an upset to Democrat Andy Beshear. https://nbcnews.to/2WR0wmQ

4:33 PM - Nov 6, 2019

We should just expect this kind of bullshit after every single election from here on out, honestly. They're setting the tone for Trump to inevitably reject the 2020 results.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I'm not sure why folks have such a hard time getting the appeal of Buttibutt? Like, I don't want to go "liberals in their ivory coastal elite towers" but....kinda liberals in their coastal elite ivory towers incredibly online bubble.
I mean I don't think it's a coincidence that this thread became exponentially more hostile toward Pete since he started attacking Warren in debates or in interviews.

People point to a heel turn on things like Medicare for All (despite the fact he's only ever run on his Medicare for All Who Want It public option idea since getting into the race) or that he's "swimming in donor money" (despite the fact he's been the biggest big-donor fundraiser since, again, he got into the race so this is not a new development) or that he fired a black police chief in South Bend (again, not a new development, and also something more complicated than just that half-sentence summary). It was only after he started going after Warren that he suddenly became seen as a problematic, triangulating, 'can't we all just get along' piece of shit centrist.

As someone who lives in a super liberal coastal area -- in fact, Elizabeth Warren's own necks of the woods -- the appeal of Buttigieg does not escape me at all. He's a super charismatic and articulate guy. He's a new face and voice. He can talk about faith, and taking it away as a weapon for the GOP, in a way I've never seen a Democrat do on a national before. And he obviously has a strong knack for retail campaigning and connecting with people, otherwise he wouldn't be catching on with IA voters as much as he is. Pete isn't my #1 choice, his dearth of minority support is a dealbreaker in more ways than one, and I do think mayor of South Bend, Indiana --> President of the United States is too big a jump and too great of an experience gap. But I'd certainly rather go with over him Biden by a lot.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

spx54

Mar 21, 2019

this is the interpretation that scares me the most, that biden is perfectly willing to give away the store in the name of "consensus"

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
The fact Biden is saying this stuff during a democratic primary is insane. During the general? Sure, pretend you can have some kumbaya shit with republicans.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
All of Biden's Republican nostalgia talk is disqualifying to me. He's either willfully lying to voters or, more egregiously imo, completely delusional about the people he'd be up against on the hill, even if he did have Democratic majorities in the House and Senate. We don't have time to waste on courting Republican voters for things they will reflexively oppose anyway, and any Democratic nominee needs to be clear-eyed about that. It is baffling that Joe Biden of all people, who had a front-row seat to eight years of Republican obstruction on anything and everything, does not seem able to internalize this and I wish it would get brought up on the debate stage by more people than just Michael Bennet.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Focus on Buttigieg's lack of black support seem kind of weird to me. Like he's not destined to do poorly with black voters, especially if he does well in Iowa. And I'm aware that the whole "black people are homophobic and won't support him" discourse is not present on this site, but that's a bad take too that people seem to have.

LordByron28

Nov 5, 2017
It's not okay to say Joe is in the wrong primary tbh. It's okay to make your starting point improving on ACA and not going all in supporting M4A. Frankly, a public option should be the next step, as much as I wish we could have M4A.

My problem with Biden is that he's acting like an idiot and is also getting increasingly rusty. He should have run in 2016, period.
He says the GOP will finally come around as they are literally thinking about including him in Trump's impeachment trial.
Like, dude. Look at what is going on in front of you.
I honestly wonder if Biden and Warren ran in 2016, how the outcome would've looked. I'm thinking HRC would've still won but people would've been a lot more enthusiastic about her.

Vera Bergengruen @VeraMBergen

Incredible (and yet credible): Taylor told investigators that it was hard to gather natsec officials together to discuss Ukraine in part because the issue of "purchasing Greenland...took up a lot of energy in the NSC"

Schiff: "Ok. That's disturbing for a whole different reason."

OTxjBDZ.png

4:19 PM - Nov 6, 2019

So wait.... Trump dedicated government resources and workers to trying to purchase Greenland!? I thought this was just some random rambling that no one really took seriously. However, he ran an entire operation dedicated to trying to buy Greenland. I'm laughing and crying at the same time. Not even satire could make this shit up.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
man just imagine how some parts of the party establishment would totally freak the fuck out if Bernie won IA/NH

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
It's barely been mentioned so far this cycle because their role has changed but when would Super Delegates come into play? In the event of a contested convention?

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wonder if Biden and Warren ran in 2016, how the outcome would've looked. I'm thinking HRC would've still won but people would've been a lot more enthusiastic about her.

So wait.... Trump dedicated government resources and workers to trying to purchase Greenland!? I thought this was just some random rambling that no one really took seriously. However, he ran an entire operation dedicated to trying to buy Greenland. I'm laughing and crying at the same time. Not even satire could make this shit up.
Even just Biden running would have, if nothing else, neutralized a lot of Bernie's bullshit because he never would have got as far. The Dem primary probably would have been less chaotic and that in and of itself would have helped a lot because the person shaping up to be the nominee could have worried more about the general election and not Bernie kicking and screaming all the way to the convention.

Sir Tsunami

Oct 25, 2017
Focus on Buttigieg's lack of black support seem kind of weird to me. Like he's not destined to do poorly with black voters, especially if he does well in Iowa. And I'm aware that the whole "black people are homophobic and won't support him" discourse is not present on this site, but that's a bad take too that people seem to have.

Butti as the Dem nom won't get black votes because of his appeal, it'll be because he's the Dem nom. He won't energize the black vote by any means. His latest antics are doing more to hurt his chances of being someone that'll get black support on his own mertits

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You don't understand. These Republicans are just waiting for Diamond Joe to return to free their conscience!
It's honestly hard to believe that there are moderate Democrat voters who will vote for Biden who actually believe Republicans deserve more good faith chances to play along. Are people in our party honestly that stupid or do they just not pay enough attention to know or care?

Status
Not open for further replies.