• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
How can anyone think Pete has a chance with literally 0 Black support?
I didn't say it was logical at all lol.

Fundraising drying up for Biden really should mean this is Warren's race to lose. Sanders seems capped, Buttigieg has no black support and would need to leap forward a ton. The rest are jokes.

I think it's more "Joe Biden is very bad at running for President."

I can't even tell you how many times I've told people this. Way before this shit started happening.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
You know I was skeptical about the Dems approach to the impeachment inquiry, but I think so far keeping things behind closed doors was the right move. Republicans are struggling to get any sort of coherent message running since they don't really know what's coming. It's been a couple of weeks and they best they have is bitching about the process, and running a couple of stunts.
Yeah, something I didn't take into consideration was that it doesn't allow Republicans to get their story straight by seeing everyone else's testimony.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy they touted Biden's team having Obama's list as a major leg up.

The fact he has that and he's here...

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Still laughing that she did the same unsubtle "And now I'll ask my fellow 11 candidates about this divisive issue, hmm say SENATOR WARREN" twice in the same debate, and the second was so ill timed it was cut off by a commercial. She totally thought she would duplicate her Harris attack.
Then she'll go be a Fox News pundit like she's been auditioning for all along.

I was going to say this exact thing, but you said it in a later post lol.

Tulsi to join a Greenwald media venture.

No money in that, or longevity. Fox News has deep pockets for someone like Gabbard to stick around for years.

How can anyone think Pete has a chance with literally 0 Black support?

The people that think he has a chance don't talk to black people.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty amazing to me just how bad of candidate Biden is. I'm not even including his views because honestly he is probably in the middle of where dem voters are, but I have no faith in him to even manage to run a winning campaign. At best he would stumble into winning because people hate trump.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
What in the actual fuck?

Also, he's fucking WRONG. Has this idiot never been to Paris, for example?
The European mainland drives on the right. The UK and Ireland is on the left. Unless it's your first time driving, it's not hard at all to be in the correct lanes. That's something I could never find out about the killer. Had she just arrived in the UK, or had she been there for years?

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
Any idea if house dems will be presenting evidence, like a report, to the public when they're ready to move on impeachment? Or with everything behind closed doors is the public just relying on leaks and anecdotes being reported?

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't even tell you how many times I've told people this. Way before this shit started happening.
The people convinced he was inevitable were mostly Sanders supporters whose only experience with a national Presidential election was 2016. Cause if you had any knowledge of the previous 3 seriously contested Dem primaries, none of them played out that way.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

Rejecting the House's articles requires a recorded vote, so might as well hold a trial and say they "exonerated" Trump. I've never doubted there'll be one if the House impeaches. They'll just fuck with the process and spin the result.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
_109249617_hi057326659.jpg

Kim Jong-un: North Korean leader rides horse up sacred mountain

But there are a few quotes in the soaring state media prose that should give us pause for thought.

The last line in particular is striking. We are told that the officials with Mr Kim were convinced "there will be a great operation to strike the world with wonder".

Kim Jong-un's previous visits to Mount Paektu have come ahead of major decisions.
Also, Dear Leader rode that horse up that 9000' tall mountain by himself. Totally happened.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
So, not being shady here, but that polling from Nate should be data point 9,421 that not everyone who watches the debates has the same needs/wants/ideals as those of us who follow this regularly and spend all our time on political twitter bubbles. Folks would be better served, imo, to try and figure out what it was about Pete/Klob/Biden that garners some support, instead of just throwing up their hands and saying "how could anyone like that!"

Truth is, there IS a lane in this primary/party for a more centrist candidate. The party is just not as left as people want to pretend it is. That's why you have Warren who, smartly, keeps one foot in each lane on certain issues. Your average dem primary voter is, by and large, closer to Pete/Klob/Biden than Warren/Bernie. Pete/Klob trying to go after Biden voters is the smart play here, because, honestly, with Bernie and Warren both in the running it splits the progressive vote JUST enough to make a lane.

Of course, Pete is DOA with AA voters, and Klob will probably murder someone before this is over.....and Biden will be broke by the end of the quarter.

Also,the polling is evidence of what a lot of us have been saying.Bernie just has no room to grow. Not with Warren in the race, and probably not without her either. He's at his floor and his ceiling.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty amazing to me just how bad of candidate Biden is. I'm not even including his views because honestly he is probably in the middle of where dem voters are, but I have no faith in him to even manage to run a winning campaign. At best he would stumble into winning because people hate trump.

Agreed. If the loooong primary process this political season was good for nothing else, it was good for this.

Biden would have walked to the general if he had Clinton's 2015/16 debate and rally schedule.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking Bernie's floor is ~10% and his ceiling is ~20%. I just don't see how that gets it done this election.

Oct 25, 2017
The European mainland drives on the right. The UK and Ireland is on the left. Unless it's your first time driving, it's not hard at all to be in the correct lanes. That's something I could never find out about the killer. Had she just arrived in the UK, or had she been there for years?

Exactly. I'm a black person from a working-class family who thought that international travel was an unattainable thing for most of his life and only got to actually visit the European mainland last year, but if you asked me when I was eight if people drove on the right or the left in Paris or Amsterdam, I could have given you the right answer.

What a fucking dolt POTUS is. Total fucking moron.

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
So twitter will ban trumps account the millisecond is kicked out of office in 2020 right? I mean once he is no longer a world leader that protection goes away.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
I'm old enough to remember when Warren was doomed because she wouldn't say on national television that her plans would raise taxes

Falore

Banned
Feb 15, 2019
They'll never ban Trump.
I am sure that they will once he is out of office because if they don't that means the following:
1. they support hate speech and terrorism
2. They are a company that is traitorous to the nation in which they were founded if they dont enforce the rules
3. If they do not enforce the rules against him when he is out of office then they forfeit the right to ever take action against anyone elses account for doing the same and that sets a dangerous precedent.

In other words: "They better'

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
I am sure that they will once he is out of office because if they don't that means the following:
1. they support hate speech and terrorism
2. They are a company that is traitorous to the nation in which they were founded if they dont enforce the rules
3. If they do not enforce the rules against him when he is out of office then they forfeit the right to ever take action against anyone elses account for doing the same and that sets a dangerous precedent.

In other words: "They better'
They absolutely won't. He's famous, newsworthy and influential. He'll be a former president. They will not ban him. Ever.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
So I think what people are struggling with is that the dem electorate really likes Elizabeth Warren and that her theory of the case about corruption being the annex of why we are not getting meaningful change, whatever is your pet issue, is ringing all bells. If you don't solve that problem, you won't solve anything else.

People are angling Warren's M4A answers as tho they believe the Dem base would not support her if for only she said M4A would raise taxes. I think the democratic base fully understands why should won't say it, and are not going to penalize her for it as we see in that post debate data.

In other words, the 'moderates' are not giving the base enough credit and are acting like they are stupid, which is insulting.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So, not being shady here, but that polling from Nate should be data point 9,421 that not everyone who watches the debates has the same needs/wants/ideals as those of us who follow this regularly and spend all our time on political twitter bubbles. Folks would be better served, imo, to try and figure out what it was about Pete/Klob/Biden that garners some support, instead of just throwing up their hands and saying "how could anyone like that!"

Truth is, there IS a lane in this primary/party for a more centrist candidate. The party is just not as left as people want to pretend it is. That's why you have Warren who, smartly, keeps one foot in each lane on certain issues. Your average dem primary voter is, by and large, closer to Pete/Klob/Biden than Warren/Bernie. Pete/Klob trying to go after Biden voters is the smart play here, because, honestly, with Bernie and Warren both in the running it splits the progressive vote JUST enough to make a lane.

Of course, Pete is DOA with AA voters, and Klob will probably murder someone before this is over.....and Biden will be broke by the end of the quarter.

Also,the polling is evidence of what a lot of us have been saying.Bernie just has no room to grow. Not with Warren in the race, and probably not without her either. He's at his floor and his ceiling.
The post debate polls more than anything showed that people who hogged up the most time on TV got the best returns. If we are talking about purely analytics here that is. In fact Biden is slightly declining still.

I do agree that the electorate either just doesn't like Bernie all that much as a person or just aren't as progressive/willing to accept big change
... or both. That's why Warren is rising despite being cryptic about her stance on healthcare and Bernie being more direct (ie. taxes will go up to pay for Medicare). The smarter electorate knows that this is the winning play in the GE and her numbers in GE are generally getting better relative to the field.

My big takeaway from the debates is that people who are assertive, involved and can communicate coherently their plans have the most to benefit from debates. But you can't cross that fine line of assertiveness and assholeness... then you get into Castro and Bernie territory (even though for me both are fine, I am just saying how they may come across that way). Buttiegeg and Klob aren't frontrunners yet and can make the attacks strategically but eventually they will slip up and cross that line that makes voters uncomfortable. That's something that Warren does the best, her attacks or differences with other never come across as abrasive.

Policies really don't matter as much in this field as people think it does. All the candidates are for some sort of public Medicare option and they are quibbling over policy specifics. Everyone is for changes to curb climate change, everyone is for impeachment (except Gabbard), everyone is for the Kurds, everyone is for gun legislation, LGBQT rights, abortion rights, curbing wealth inequality, corruption etc. But everyone agrees that beating Trump is the #1 priority when it comes to electorate. So the song and dance is really more about "which of these candidates can get a slam dunk win over Trump?" Honestly that's really the only reason Klob is in this.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Warren's worst case scenario is Pete doing big in Iowa and Bernie staying in the race for a tad bit longer that he should. This worst case incidentally helps Biden the most as well.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Non-binding vote

354-60: House adopts joint resolution opposing President Trump's decision to withdraw US troops from Syria and calls on Turkish President Erdogan to immediately cease unilateral military action in Northern Syria. Amash (I-MI) and 3 Republicans voted Present.

All 60 votes against joint resolution that "Congress opposes the decision to end certain United States efforts to prevent Turkish military operations against Syrian Kurdish forces in Northeast Syria" were from Republicans. 129 Republicans joined all Democrats in voting Yes.

Notable no votes

John Carter
James Comer
Matt Gaetz
Louie Gohmert
Paul Gosar
Duncan Hunter
Thomas Massie
Brian Mast
Tom McClintock
Mark Meadows
Tom Reed
Roger Williams

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Baby Hands is the biggest threat to national security, and you know it Lindsey.

Graham spitting fire on Syria. "ISIS will come back. It will put our nation at risk... The president's decision here, I think, is the biggest mistake of his presidency. And I will not ever be quiet. I will not ever be quiet about matters of national security," per
@tedbarrettcnn

Status
Not open for further replies.