• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People are gonna overreact to AOC, and be horribly disappointed when they realize the people who get pumped for AOC are... themselves and the polling isn't going to move a bit

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
The longer Sanders stays in this race the worst it will be for the actual candidate. I'm will be very dissapointed in AOC if the endorsement ends up being true. Not to mention the kinds of assholes that Sanders surrounds himself with, he's a true egotist.
Why? Bernie's politics are the ones her own line up with the most.

divination

Oct 26, 2017
I think most of PoliEra likes AOC, so I don't see us cancelling her for supporting a fellow DemSoc.

How?

AOC isn't that popular outside the obvious circle, the people who like AOC are already very likely the ones backing Sanders already.

This isn't going to move anything.

Well it's a big get for the political twitterati lol. As for whether is moves the polls in Iowa or New Hampshire? Probably not, but we'll see in the coming weeks if the race changes.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
1) Cancel culture is stupid.
2) It's a dumb move on her part to endorse this early in the primary.
3) This doesn't help Bernie with anyone he needs to actually turn this thing around.
4) It's the sign of a campaign that's desperate for anything to change the narrative.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Crossposting my response from the OT debate thread about AOC endorsing Bernie. I think AOC didn't have a choice. She was not going to be able to sit this one out.

Warren supporters won't give her nearly as much shit for not endorsing her than the shit Bernie supporters would've given her if she didn't endorse him.

It's a calculated risk. Bernie's unlikely to win and AOC isn't popular in many of the early states, and this is too far out any way to matter down the road. And I think AOC knows this, but I think she gets to help Bernie out after the heart attack, preserves her image as a "true revolutionary", and Warren likely will get her endorsement after Iowa.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
I have a feeling that AOC endorsing Bernie will not move the needle on polling and what if she endorsed him earlier in the primary? Maybe it would've moved the needle

Oct 26, 2017
Because the American people...

source.gif

Yeah, I'm sure Trump could easily use that excuse for his lies as well.

Not a good look for Warren to decide what truths the American people can and cannot handle based purely on how it affects her own political fortune not for national security reasons. That's old school politics that we're trying to get away from.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019

it's clear her heart lies with Bernie. which really shouldn't be a shock to people.

she'll go to bat for Warren if she's the nominee though

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair I think AOC endorsing Warren this early might be bad for Warren. But the fact that she might be endorsing Sanders is just awful, he just needs to drop out because we all know what kind of tantrum he will kick up again when he eventually loses the nomination.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
I have a hard time imagining any one endorsement that would make a noticeable difference outside of Obama or maybe Oprah.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
Well, Warren was clearly courting AOC's endorsement, so it's not true to say it doesn't matter at all, and such an endorsement would be a legitimate get for Warren, indicating Sanders was over.

I don't think it will move votes to Bernie though. You'd need an unexpected / mainstream endorsement for that.

Oct 25, 2017
honestly I'd love to see what happened at Bernieland BTS the past week. Seems like there wass tons of back and forth with the AOC camp

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand why everyone is freaking out about AOC. Nobody really cares about her anymore since the primary started lol

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually do think Bernie would be the best actual operating president of anyone on the stage right now. He is sharp, I think he would be more well liked than warren domestically, he has a better understanding of foreign policy, and he is actually more progressive but I think he can actually get more done with a heavy gop senate even if thank god they somehow don't have a majority. It really is at this point that warren has basically run a goddamn perfect campaign thus far and that is what has gotten her to the top.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
She's straight-up stupid if she thinks this'll save him. It benefits Biden if nothing else... assuming it moves the needle at all, which brings us back to the original worst outcome.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
[Clears throat]

[Gargles water]

[Do, re, me, fa, so, la, ti, do]

YOU FUCKING LOVE TO SEE IT.

I shrug.

Speaking for myself here, but I was never on the AOC train in the first place, and it'll be hilarious to watch a bunch of rabid Bernie fans thinking this will make a huge difference in his poll numbers take a victory lap.

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
AOC endorsing Bernie is just the bump he needs to restore faith. First priority for Bernie has to be to stop the bleeding (starting all the way from his primary share in 2016 and culminating with his heart attack) and a great, light on his feet debate performance + a youthful AOC endorsement is just what he needed. For the love of god, let's please get a Biden-Warren-Sanders debate before Iowa please. Kamala and Pete if we really, really have to.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Did you guys know that the entire impeachment rests solely on the whistleblower complaint? I didn't know that but trump set me straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.