• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to give Warren a chance but her answer on healthcare in the first part of the debate really pissed me off.

I don't care if she's trying to "avoid a negative soundbite", she's not only coming off as dishonest, she's BEING dishonest by not just being upfront with the implications of her medicare for all plan. It's like she doesn't trust the American people to handle the truth or she's so afraid of the GOP political machine that she has to hide the truth from the American people. Neither is good and makes me worried how she'll handle difficult times if she's elected President if her immediate instincts is to go into a shell and obfuscate the truth from the public if it's to her political benefit.

No thanks.

Because the American people...

source.gif

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yea Tulsi, tell us about all your right wing friends! Like that one dude who lobs chemical weapons on towns and stuff!!

Oct 25, 2017
What a dumb fucking way to end this night. Too bad the Roseanne stuff happened last year. Maybe they could have had her ask the last question.

Oct 25, 2017
What was the point of the NYT collaborating on this debate? and running all these stories about their journalists working on the debate. A fucking joke.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kamala is right that Twitter should be banning Trump's account for hateful and abusive talk.

However, her method of using this to attack Warren was pathetic and desperate.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to give Warren a chance but her answer on healthcare in the first part of the debate really pissed me off.

I don't care if she's trying to "avoid a negative soundbite", she's not only coming off as dishonest, she's BEING dishonest by not just being upfront with the implications of her medicare for all plan. It's like she doesn't trust the American people to handle the truth or she's so afraid of the GOP political machine that she has to hide the truth from the American people. Neither is good and makes me worried how she'll handle difficult times if she's elected President if her immediate instincts is to go into a shell and obfuscate the truth from the public if it's to her political benefit.

No thanks.
You forgot #khive!

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question doesn't even matter since they're all clearly using it as an opportunity to give closing statements since this is the final question and there won't technically be actual closing statements.

Oct 27, 2017
Calling this early:

Highly positive movement: Sanders (great comeback overall), Warren (who explained quite simply a two-cent tax on $50,000,001+ can pay for most everything, that's the answer people were looking out for and it now can be debated)

Positive movement: Booker (keenly aware he was not going to be called on first, made the most of his given time)

No movement from Gabbard, Yang, Steyer, O'Rourke, Castro - all performed as expected

Negative movement: Biden ("I'm the only one who has..." over and over, on the defensive much of the night, insisted on taking too much credit for things), Harris (the Twitter attack on Warren, coming from a former AG, was weaksauce, as was the giving congress 100 days on life and death issues before she steps in - step in now, it's what everyone has been waiting for from this campaign, will it happen?)

Highly negative movement: Klobuchar (a campaign of zingers and attacks aint it), Buttigieg (it seems he would rather fight against people than fight for them), CNN (didn't listen to or engage with a single answer from the candidates)

Candidates overall did a poor job communicating how serious the Trump Ukraine and Syria moves are, how states have already had their way with abortion rights, and what the candidates will be asking of both the citizenry and the corporations/rich that they are saying are such a scourge (but not Bing because no one uses it heh, come on with this). It's remarkable how distracting a presidential race can be.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
you do it after you have a locked down senate by killing the filibuster and adding 5 states. Don't campaign on it sure. Then kill the senate and get rid of the EC altogether.

after it happens people will forget about it as we'll be living in the liberal democracy we deserve.
There will be no locked down Senate. Dem Senate majorities will include the likes of Manchin, Sinema, and others from purple or light red states that won't go along with those fringe ideas because they are political losers.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
I mean, come on. Biden started off by saying he was *the only one on the stage* to get anything big accomplished. Then when she says "I did too" he's like "fine you did but I helped".

Who wouldn't be a dick to him after that.

Deleted member 8561

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wrap up:

Warren was the target and mainly came out basically unharmed. The healthcare stuff was obvious dodging, but she dodged it and the rest of the debate was fine.

Tulsi is so clearly a right wing tool to damage front runners, and unlike last time with Harris she completely flopped on landing a blow on Warren.

Biden is old and can't keep up with himself anymore. It kinda sucks, part of me makes me feel bad because there is a clear struggle there.

Sanders was Sanders, had some good moments, health issue didn't come up but nobody is going to attack him on that for obvious reasons.

Beto is just kinda dead

Pete is a full fledge asshole for shitting over that gun question

Everyone else is a mess, send them to the infirmary.

Status
Not open for further replies.