• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I think Warren threw shade at Biden implying that he maybe was initially against her bureau

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Warren and Bernie have a secret pact im convinced they will endorse the other. EVery answer is constructed so carefully to avoid each other.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think it comes across as minimizing Biden's efforts because it highlights how Biden takes credit for stuff that most people would credit Obama for.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
What was the Warren comment to Biden? Had to take the dog out.

Biden said he helped pass Warren's CFPB in the Senate. Warren was asked to answer that and she said "I thank President Obama for helping... and others" and everybody went "oooohhhhh".

She clearly thinks Biden wasn't that helpful.

But Biden came off as an ass for trying to get credit for Warren's accomplishment. He was almost waiting for a "thank you" from her. Warren clearly didn't like that.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Lol. I mean I'm in the tank for Warren, but I thought she was sly in basically pointing out... Biden keeps taking credit for other people's achievements.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Biden said he helped pass Warren's CFPB in the Senate. Warren was asked to answer that and she said "I thank President Obama for helping... and others" and everybody went "oooohhhhh".

I don't know how influential Biden was in getting CFPB passed, but her dissing Biden hardly gives us a clue on how important he actually was. He was being a dick and he got a slap back.

Like, Biden keeps on talking like he was POTUS. Yea, he did important shit, but he's walking around like he was the Obama administration.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Term limits is a winning position, court packing is a massive loser

you're wrong. As a campaign position sure. But if you have the pres, house, and senate:

kill the filibuster. Add 5 states. Pack the court.

Hold the senate in perpetuity and deny any GOP sc picks unless theyre a left center justice.

If you somehow lose the senate in 20 years or whatever I don't care. It was worth those 20 years.

Hell maybe kill the senate if you can.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
1571193615.482500.png

Klobber getting the 3rd most time is criminal.

Iolo

Oct 27, 2017
Britain
It was also very rich how Biden actually chuckled at Warren for invoking Obama. You go, guy whose literal only reason he is currently polling over 5% is because he was Obama's VP, and who took credit during this debate for a lot of stuff Obama got done.

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
Again the GOP has already done this. It's not clear to why this is such a "loser".
Don't compare state courts to the Supreme Court, they are different universes. As far as Garland, that was dirty as fuck, but not court packing. Also, there is polling out there, court packing is not popular. Doing it at the Supreme Court level is beyond dumb, and will turn away Independents like crazy

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
CNN has hidden trap doors under everyone right?

The debate is going to end with everyone but Warren, Sanders and Biden getting sent into the furnace... right???

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
I really like Biden's Mandatory Buyback plan. It's how it will look in the real world.

Too bad he struggled delivering it on stage.

I always fear anything like that could lead to another Waco Texas situation.
Warren and Biden clearly personally dislike each other.

They really do.... which is why she needs to take him out in preparation for Trump. This shit is a shonen tournament arc and we get to see it in real time

OfficerRob

Oct 25, 2017
you're wrong. As a campaign position sure. But if you have the pres, house, and senate:

kill the filibuster. Add 5 states. Pack the court.

Hold the senate in perpetuity and deny any GOP sc picks unless theyre a left center justice.

If you somehow lose the senate in 20 years or whatever I don't care. It was worth those 20 years.

Hell maybe kill the senate if you can.
This is crazy bullshit that will never happen fantasyland

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was also very rich how Biden actually chuckled at Warren for invoking Obama. You go, guy whose literal only reason he is currently polling over 5% is because he was Obama's VP, and who took credit during this debate for a lot of stuff Obama got done.
That's why her answer was actually great. The audience laughed because they knew exactly what it meant. Biden is Mr 'i love Obama', so she just threw it in his face.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm trying to give Warren a chance but her answer on healthcare in the first part of the debate really pissed me off.

I don't care if she's trying to "avoid a negative soundbite", she's not only coming off as dishonest, she's BEING dishonest by not just being upfront with the implications of her medicare for all plan. It's like she doesn't trust the American people to handle the truth or she's so afraid of the GOP political machine that she has to hide the truth from the American people. Neither is good and makes me worried how she'll handle difficult times if she's elected President if her immediate instincts is to go into a shell and obfuscate the truth from the public if it's to her political benefit.

No thanks.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017

But Biden came off as an ass for trying to get credit for Warren's accomplishment. He was almost waiting for a "thank you" from her. Warren clearly didn't like that.

I wonder how a gender split would look at this. Old white guy trying to take credit for a woman's accomplishments is... Well, there's going to be plenty of women who think "Yeah, that happens to me, too", I'm sure.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't compare state courts to the Supreme Court, they are different universes. As far as Garland, that was dirty as fuck, but not court packing. Also, there is polling out there, court packing is not popular. Doing it at the Supreme Court level is beyond dumb, and will turn away Independents like crazy

you do it after you have a locked down senate by killing the filibuster and adding 5 states. Don't campaign on it sure. Then kill the senate and get rid of the EC altogether.

after it happens people will forget about it as we'll be living in the liberal democracy we deserve.

these are ideas yeah you dont campaign on but you just to foster the end of the GOP as a meaningful party as it rightfully deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.