• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
It's not Republican talking points though.

I can't stand Bernie, but even he has a clearer answer here.

This is something Warren should have been taken to task for a long time ago. Her answers of M4A have been bad since debate 1.

bernie has the "you're damn right it's going up" answer that I fully support. Taxes go up, health care costs go down.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Forma has me worried in that, let's say a public option is the only way healthcare gets improved upon... she won't go for it because she doesn't share Pete's vision?

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I get it, but Warren should attempt to refocus here.

The second she says 'yes' about taxes going up, they'll have her super imposed on a soviet parade.

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm not watching this, but Forma was getting asked this in the previous debates and managed to dodge it. But being able to skirt something like this doesn't happen when you're the frontrunner and you've got almost an entire Duggar family of desperate candidates looking to get a swipe in at the Queen.
It was a bad moment.

Almost Robot Rubio bad.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
But why doesn't she say that? Just say the focus on taxes is clearly a right wing framing. Look at costs. Instead of just saying COSTS COSTS COSTS

She said that climate change lightbulb policing was a right wing framing and was great. Here she looks like a dead fish.
Agreed. She's had this answer before and needs to answer it better and quicker.

Oct 25, 2017
I get it, but Warren should attempt to refocus here.

The second she says 'yes' about taxes going up, they'll have her super imposed on a soviet parade.

Yup. Bernie can afford to be more honest because he ain't going to win this primary. That's a luxury he has here in this debate.

The moment they get Liz to admit that taxes will go up, she's going to be bombarded by attack ads with the soundbite.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Bernie bros may like Warren up there after this. It's like Bernie and Warren are forming medicare4all voltron

You might be kidding, but I think that part of Warren's strategy is for Sanders to say the "taxes will go up" part out loud and Warren calculates that she can take a smaller hit by avoiding saying that than actually saying it.

it might work. There's still more time for other big moments to be made available to her during the debate and keep her momentum going or at least not suffer damage.

Pete really came off as an asshole, even if you don't like Warren.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
sounds like warren took a pummeling. was she able to hold her own or did she flounder a bit?

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
But why doesn't she say that? Just say the focus on taxes is clearly a right wing framing. Look at costs. Instead of just saying COSTS COSTS COSTS
I don't know. Maybe her debate prep team needs to be mixed up because she was asked this shit before and had a poor answer. Anyone who watched the previous debates knew this was coming, and it's not hard to come up with a reasonable fucking answer.

divination

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Warren's healthcare answer is evasive, but it hasn't hurt her poll numbers yet. Should be interesting to see if there's any movement after tonight.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I told y'all. I told y'all weeks ago. Warren's playing a dangerous game being the "I have a plan for that" candidate. The dangerous game being, churning out plans like a McDonald's means.....that a lot of those plans are fucking bad. If a candidate has the guts to call her out on that, she's toast on a response.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
I mean Warren isn't going to try to take away people's private insurance anyway so she probably doesn't want to take the hit of saying she'll raise taxes to do it.

Dr. Benton Quest

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
She is desperately trying to not get caught saying M4A will raise your taxes. So she says costs. And now 5 people challenged her on it and it's clear that it's a flimsy answer.
Which is infuriating.

Do any of these losers think they have a chance?

Why would Klobber hurt the party when it's painfully obvious to everyone it's not going to happen for her.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
It's worth the slight hit on "costs' to not have to say taxes will go up. Saying taxes will go up is a death hit.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
I told y'all. I told y'all weeks ago. Warren's playing a dangerous game being the "I have a plan for that" candidate. The dangerous game being, churning out plans like a McDonald's means.....that a lot of those plans are fucking bad. If a candidate has the guts to call her out on that, she's toast on a response.

no the difference is she's defending a plan she didn't even write

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
It's not an inherently bad plan to raise taxes. There is a way to message it correctly. Evading it is not going to keep working.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not able to watch tonight but I can't believe they're opening the fourth straight debate with a question about healthcare.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Everybody understands that "total costs will go down for the middle class" means taxes for the middle class will go up by less than the current costs will decrease. Demanding a particular soundbite is silly, but it's what some have.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Forma is going to be very strong on everything except healthcare (which i think shes just waiting to pivot on in the general) and immigration (where I think she's just bad).

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
Everybody understands that "total costs will go down for the middle class" means taxes for the middle class will go up by less than the current costs will decrease. Demanding a particular soundbite is silly, but it's what some have.
That's the whole problem! It's so transparently evasive that everyone can tell she's being evasive. If you can actually fool people by evading the question then it wouldn't be a bad strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.