• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Graham is so incredibly pathetic. Literally 1 hour later after this tweet:

"Thank you President Trump for using the power of your office for good."

Meanwhile, in Seneca:

I can't wait until trump jr gets implicated in some serious stuff and trump has to deny ever knowing him.

He's up to his neck with Fruman and Parnas. Of course.

Oct 25, 2017
I legitimately love you.

giphy.gif

Oct 28, 2017
Harris could have been such a great candidate if she actually were able to make an argument for herself policy wise. Her debate performances would have fantastic once she's one on one. Unfortunately for her, the candidate who combines both is also running and Harris doesn't add much to Warren as VP in my opinion.
By the way, Warren and Buttigieg as her VP, does it make sense to go full out for the white vote, or should she rather pick Booker?

Oct 28, 2017
i cant think of a worse VP pick than Pete

Depends on who wins the nomination. He's young (so that addresses health concerns for the older candidates) and he doesn't scare away the middle, even more he reassures the Democratic donor class, which could help Warren. The concern though would be with AA turnout, if two white persons would be on the ticket. So I think Booker seems like the logical choice for the top tier. However, I don't have any data on mobilization by the VP pick and past studies have shown that it has basically no impact.

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
i cant think of a worse VP pick than Pete
Lieberman
Biden
Gabbard
Marianne McAnti-Vaxxer/Fat Shamer
Andrew McMemes
Michael McBad Lawyer
Literally any CEO in America

Not that it should be a competition for who's the worst when you can consider who would be the best VP candidate(s) but I digress.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
That's a step too far I'd say. Tulsi would just be another shitty Rep President. Trump is trash that needs to be removed asap.
Yeah, no, no way is Trump better than Tulsi.
I didn't say Trump was better. I mean that it's preferable to lose to Trump than to have two Trumpian parties. The Republicans thought they could do the song and dance of having a monster as the head of their party and not get shit on them, and look how that's turned out for them, and for the country.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Pete is pretty close to poison with the black vote at this point. And black queer people in particular? Whew child the South Bend!

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get the Kamala tweet. And why it's a big burn?

It's basically, yo momma.

Oh I got confused and thought that was Trump and not Trump Jr.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand Fraud Guarantee. Do they just not understand what those words mean in English? I can't come up with a meaning of those 2 words together that sounds positive.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I see three names when I think of potential Warren VPs...

Gillum
Booker
Beccera (This spot would have gone to either Castro or Beto...but both have made themselves kind of toxic in the recent months)

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
Depends on who wins the nomination. He's young (so that addresses health concerns for the older candidates) and he doesn't scare away the middle, even more he reassures the Democratic donor class, which could help Warren. The concern though would be with AA turnout, if two white persons would be on the ticket. So I think Booker seems like the logical choice for the top tier. However, I don't have any data on mobilization by the VP pick and past studies have shown that it has basically no impact.
Pete will help no one. Even Gillum under investigation would be a stronger prospect than Pete in every way.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I still don't understand Fraud Guarantee. Do they just not understand what those words mean in English? I can't come up with a meaning of those 2 words together that sounds positive.
It's like a guarantee against fraud, is probably what they were going for. Or they were just yucking it up and having a giggle about the whole thing.

Clowns

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized, since NV is still a caucus state, I can vote for whoever in the first round, and then switch to Warren.

SonicFox I'm gonna get you a delegate!!!

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
If Warren were looking to shore up the base, she'd pick someone for VP with significant party support whose supporters are largely reluctant to support her, but the whole reason she's winning is that that person doesn't actually seem to exist. She's the consensus pick.

So really it's kind of an open field. Obviously, if she's going to go for a strong anti-corruption pitch, anybody already under investigation for anything that could possibly be legit is out (sorry, Gillum). Probably best to avoid the Northeast for demographic reasons, and no machine states. Florida, NC, PA, Texas, or Arizona would be my home state picks, preferably black or latinx. I think people are wrong about an all-female ticket being a mistake, btw. Once you've put a woman on the top of the ticket, anybody reluctant to vote for reasons of misogyny isn't going to be swayed back by a male VP, or pushed into opposition by a female one. That die's already cast.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Gillum found to have taken in-kind kickbacks..?

No idea why he's being floated.

Why do all the losers keep getting floated as VP picks (Abrams, Beto, Gillum).

Unemployed man for Hillary.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Gillum found to have taken in-kind kickbacks..?

No idea why he's being floated.

Why do all the losers keep getting floated as VP picks (Abrams, Beto, Gillum).

Unemployed man for Hillary.
Tbh I wouldn't be at all shocked if that Gillum story was more wishcasting from somebody in his camp than a real reflection of where the discussion is heading.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of Pelosi's messaging bills are not going to get a lot of play.

This one will.

If they can address the slower rate of new drugs that's the only real negative here.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Man I wish Gillum weren't under investigation.

He's sharp as hell, young, and a POC. Would be perfect otherwise. Losing by such a small margin as he did- much smaller than Beto- and he may have won if Broward County didn't fuck up yet again- isn't really a big minus imo.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think any politician from Florida should be picked as a VP.

And I can't say any of the candidates running would be an ideal fit for Warren. I don't know who would be good yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.