• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
A generation and a half. Sounds about correct.

I think it could done in a generation but that is also dependent on what happens this next decade. Democrats are going to have to have a couple congresses where they have the trifecta and get back some statehouses to really get reforms in. The pessimist in me worries that post Trump people won't have the one target to fixate on and they become less engaged so that the Republicans can gum up the works even more.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
LMFAO, just drop out already.
O'Rourke plans to tell supporters Friday night that his goal is to finish in the top five in Iowa and New Hampshire -- the first two states to hold their elections in the Democratic primary.
As we all know finishing in the top 5 in early states is the key to winning the nomination.

He also plans to tell supporters he sees opportunities to win delegates in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Virginia -- all states O'Rourke has visited recently.
As is winning delegates in Oklahoma.

"To them, I say this: There is no other candidate in this field who can compete in blue states and in red states, and in the all-important state of Texas, with 38 electoral college votes -- which more than anything else in 2020 would decisively and finally defeat Donald Trump without question, without any chance for him to exploit the results," O'Rourke said. "It would forever change the electoral landscape in Texas."
And Texas will be the key to beating Trump.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
McAleenan was referring to recent DHS appointees who won their jobs after advocating aggressively for the president on television: Mark Morgan, the acting head of CBP, and Ken Cuccinelli, the acting USCIS director, who is rumored as a potential replacement for McAleenan.

fuck

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think it's worse than that. No other nation has any reason to trust us ever again. Obama worked incredibly hard trying to restore America's reputation after Bush. And then Trump happened.

Other nations will think it's only a matter of time before we put another shithead as president who will just destroy everything their predecessor did. How can you trust a country like that?
If they've been paying attention to the pattern they'll know they can work with Dems and to pack it up any time a Republican gets elected. It makes long term cooperation untenable, but in the 4 to 8 years between famine there's no reason to not take advantage of the feast.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Cuccinelli didn't get the job because Republicans said they wouldn't confirm him...but they never confirm any of his picks.

Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Was just going to post that myself. For those that can't see the Tweet:
https://twitter.com/sivavaid/status/1182806730767503362

" Elizabeth Warren is running this completely false ad against Facebook and Zuckerberg to challenge Facebook's unwillingness to block misleading ads. HT @juliacarriew

EGosc13W4AA4MC2.png
"

Breaking News: Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook just endorsed Donald Trump for re-election.

You're probably shocked, and you might be thinking "how could this possibly be true?"

Well, it's not. (Sorry). But what Zuckerberg *has* done is given Donald Trump free rein to lie on his platform -- and then to pay Facebook gobs of money to push out their lies to American voters.

If Trump tries to lie in a TV ad, most networks will refuse to air it. But Facebook just cashes Trump's checks.

Facebook already helped elect Donald Trump once. Now, they're deliberately allowing a candidate to intentionally lie to the American people. It's time to hold Mark Zuckerberg accountable--add your name if you agree.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's not even a false ad, just pointing out the bull shit by playing by the opposition's rules. Honestly this is the type of stuff Democrats should do more.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck facebook. Fuck Zuckerberg. They should be broken into pieces, and any company-like should have media regulations applied.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Did I miss Harris or her campaign making a comment about Cuomo's joke in the past day? I am really surprised if she didn't.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
Starting to feel like if another president steps in next year, there won't be much reputable left to govern. We'll be starting from square one.

As if we've just ended the US Revolution back in the 18th century, and now it's up to us to define who we are to the world. Because no one actually knows.
All according to Putin's plan. Seriously straight out of "Foundations of Geopolitics"

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Can we just like....not? Let's try not for like 12 hours and see if we like it.
Because : wildly gesticulates in all directions : You know?

This more than anything else is why Trump will lose. Unless you're a full-on redhat, you're sick of hearing about this. Enough single-issue abortion voters may be convinced to be sidelined given all the court-stuffing that's gone on so far.

Dec 6, 2018
LMFAO, just drop out already.
As we all know finishing in the top 5 in early states is the key to winning the nomination.

As is winning delegates in Oklahoma.

And Texas will be the key to beating Trump.
I'm torn between "holy shit drop out already" and "well at least if he stays in he can stifle Biden in Texas"

Sucks since his new campaign approach is the one I like the most by far

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Enough single-issue abortion voters may be convinced to be sidelined given all the court-stuffing that's gone on so far.
Nah those fuckers are crazy.

They won't be stopped until they get their complete ban.

Source: Several family members including a husband/wife duo (who never had or adopted children of course!) who volunteer for Right to Life.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I missed the early debates when the Texas school shooting took place. What is Forma's stance towards gun? I want a repeal 2nd amendment candidate.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I missed the early debates when the Texas school shooting took place. What is Forma's stance towards gun? I want a repeal 2nd amendment candidate.
Lmao that's not happening any time soon. Closest person you'll get is Beto but even he's not for that.
also, an amendment to repeal the 2nd amendment is probably never going to happen, so a politician advocating for it is futile imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.