• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Pool report: Trump was asked about losing in court today.

"I've had a great track record. ... within a couple of months, we'll have 182 federal judges."

Is he saying that the more federal judges he confirms... the more the courts will just rule for him?

To be clear: I'm not asking this question because I don't know that Trump and Senate Republicans are revamping the courts at warp speed.

I asked because I can't believe *that* was his response to a ? about losing in court today.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
"I only knew Rudy for a short time. I let him pretend he was my attorney."

BEEP BEEP here comes the MAGA bus, Rudy.

ezgif-1-d23b59b00fe5.gif

Former bagman needs to tell other bagman to hire a lawyer and start saving receipts and to stop taking bullets for Trump.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Americans are being bombed, Trump lost multiple court cases, and front page of CNN is that some shitty news man decided he wasn't shitty enough for fox news anymore

Zed

Oct 28, 2017
Democrats really need hammer home the point US troops were under attack because of Trump.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
The media fascination with Shep Smith stepping down is so fascinating to me.

It's almost like this news company didn't have a corporate-wide sexual harassment scandal stemming from the highest levels of its infrastructure and implicating dozens of people just three years ago.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

(Television writer/producer Michael Schur put it best. Trump has turned the US Military into a Mercenary force.)

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017

Wow

BREAKING— Kevin McAleenan resigns as acting homeland security secretary - CNNPolitics

May 26, 2018
Starting to feel like if another president steps in next year, there won't be much reputable left to govern. We'll be starting from square one.

As if we've just ended the US Revolution back in the 18th century, and now it's up to us to define who we are to the world. Because no one actually knows.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
Starting to feel like if another president steps in next year, there won't be much reputable left to govern. We'll be starting from square one.

As if we've just ended the US Revolution back in the 18th century, and now it's up to us to define who we are to the world, because no one actually knows.

Pete Buttigieg put it best, that electing Dems next year will be the end of the Reagan era, in the same way that Reagan winning was the end of the new deal era.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

As if we've just ended the US Revolution back in the 18th century, and now it's up to us to define who we are to the world. Because no one actually knows.

I honestly think it's worse than that. No other nation has any reason to trust us ever again. Obama worked incredibly hard trying to restore America's reputation after Bush. And then Trump happened.

Other nations will think it's only a matter of time before we put another shithead as president who will just destroy everything their predecessor did. How can you trust a country like that?

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Can we just like....not? Let's try not for like 12 hours and see if we like it.
Because : wildly gesticulates in all directions : You know?

May 26, 2018
I honestly think it's worse than that. No other nation has any reason to trust us ever again. Obama worked incredibly hard trying to restore America's reputation after Bush. And then Trump happened.

Other nations will think it's only a matter of time before we put another shithead as president who will just destroy everything their predecessor did. How can you trust a country like that?

Change the system enough in four years that it becomes extremely difficult to see it again. That's about all I can figure. That and decades of diplomatic effort.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're in "we need a constitutional convention" territory to address some of this stuff due to the impossibility of amending some of it via traditional means, but the chances of that happening are slim.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Change the system enough in four years that it becomes extremely difficult to see it again. That's about all I can figure. That and decades of diplomatic effort.

The Republican Party would need to be utterly ruined and unable to elect officials in any meaningful or substantial numbers in order to accomplish something like that. And even then, it would still take at least decades to undo the damage done to this country's reputation.

May 26, 2018
The Republican Party would need to be utterly ruined and unable to elect officials in any meaningful or substantial numbers in order to accomplish something like that. And even then, it would still take at least decades to undo the damage done to this country's reputation.

A generation and a half. Sounds about correct.

The young will become old.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that Trump is just damaging to the US' reputation for trustworthiness. He's damaging to democracy's reputation. There's also Brexit and a couple of other European fuck-ups. The lesson that everyone is reasonably taking from all this is that you can't really trust democracies to maintain a stable foreign or trade policy or even to act in their own best interest, and dealing with someone like China looks more appealing.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
When did Beto release his fundraising numbers?

Flop.

Q1: $9.6 million
Q2: $3.6 million
Q3: $4.5 million

Swearing a lot can only take you so far I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.