• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
imagine driving all the way down to Minneapolis from Deluth or wherever the fuck to see Mr. Prez and having to listen to Eric instead

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Black trans woman stole the mic and called out CNN for not having a single black male or femal trans person ask a question all night (I haven't watched all night so idk if that's true) And it was pretty powerful moment. Don lemon didn't know wtf to do, took her mic, gave it back, took it again, but She didn't actually ask any question tho.

Beto handled it amazingly.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I also think Warren had a good answer to the question about her previous stance on trans inmate gender affirming surgery. She simply said, yup, it was a bad answer. I was wrong. There was no equivocating on it. That's very refreshing.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I also think Warren had a good answer to the question about her previous stance on trans inmate gender affirming surgery. She simply said, yup, it was a bad answer. I was wrong. There was no equivocating on it. That's very refreshing.
Yeah, it was super refreshing to hear a politician not dodge a question like that and just straight up be like yup, I fucked up. Very nice.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
While Warren told a joke that's been told by drag queens at every gay bingo since 1997, Kamala actually got a substantive question from a black gay man in the audience, and gave a substantive answer on the importance of access to HIV treatment and how this effects gay communities of color:

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

"WONT SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHRISTIANS?!"

This was actually a legitimate issue prior to Iraq raised by good-faith religious liberals and conservatives concerned about the welfare of Christians and other religious minorities in the wake of a repressed majority taking power. And well, they were completely goddamn right about the obvious consequences (Hi ISIS) and the effect it would have on minority religious groups in the country.

Trump of course understands fucking none of this nuance, just that Fox News viewers like fake Christians.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
While Warren told a joke that's been told by drag queens at every gay bingo since 1997, Kamala actually got a substantive question from a black gay man in the audience, and gave a substantive answer on the importance of access to HIV treatment and how this effects gay communities of color:

I'm sorry....but I'm going to come for her with the pronoun thing. It was an attempt at being cute, and it was anything but. I give folks wiggle room on shit, but that wasn't a good look. It was bad. She shouldn't have done it.

Warren also gave a fuck ton of substantive answers too.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That Trump war veteran joke about his nose getting blown of...

Absolutely disgusting and of course his base lapped it up.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017

Who told her to come out and say this? lol

The whole thing

g7to7ieog8x21.gif

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
[/QUOTE]
I'm sorry....but I'm going to come for her with the pronoun thing. It was an attempt at being cute, and it was anything but. I give folks wiggle room on shit, but that wasn't a good look. It was bad. She shouldn't have done it.

Here's my thing. I'm not a gay who particularly cares about pronouns. In that sense, that moment from Harris wasn't for me.

But there are a lot of queer people across the gender spectrum that do care. That not only care, but actually want a reality where open pronoun identification becomes normalized. We see those arguments play out all the time.

I have problems with Cuomo's joke there, but giving Kamala shit for being one of only 3 candidates in this race to embrace pronoun identification is a bit bitcheatingcrackers.jpg to me.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017

Sure, but this actually shows how electable Warren is. She has a ton of good policy ideas (I only caught the last couple of questions of Warren's section and noticed that), and she has charisma and can tell a joke in a way that is clip-worthy. Like, I'm also sure Biden is sat around thinking "Well, how come nobody gave me the set-up for a joke like that?", because it comes across as so natural, and makes her so likable. And, like with 2016, it's not just who has the good policy, but who seems human.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

I watched the video you responded see to twice thinking it had a "pronoun thing" that was problematic hidden in it and was like "wow I'm so straight no idea what she said wrong"

Who told her to come out and say this? lol

Then I saw this

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Here's my thing. I'm not a gay who particularly cares about pronouns. In that sense, that moment from Harris wasn't for me.

But there are a lot of queer people across the gender spectrum that do care. That not only care, but actually want a reality where open pronoun identification becomes normalized. We see those arguments play out all the time.

I have problems with Cuomo's joke there, but giving Kamala shit for being one of only 3 candidates in this race to embrace pronoun identification is a bit bitcheatingcrackers.jpg to me.
So, I wanna be clear...I don't hate Harris at all. I spent a lot of time going back and forth between Harris/Warren. I landed on Warren, but I don't think ill of Harris most of the time. My son is one of those younger gays who is into pronouns. He's just a kid, of course, but he gave a gay gasp when she did it...and not in a good way. The way she presented it was so flippant that it DID really piss me off (who also is an old school gay who doesn't really give much thought to pronouns...especially being a CIS-gender male.) It just really, really rubbed me the wrong way. Cuomo's joke was even more gross, I agree. Harris often tries too hard for a moment, and the reason she doesn't always get them is because of that. She's trying too hard.

And, believe me, I would give my right tooth for Harris to be the alternative to Warren as opposed to Biden...cause then I'd only have a preference not an actual fear that my girl won't win it.

Oct 27, 2017
The news is still going tonight, an aide to pompeo is out and on msnbc at least Pence is now fully in the photo, not just his shoulder.

As for the town hall, cuomo shouldn't have gotten a pass for that...uh...joke?

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

[/QUOTE]
She should've called out the shitty joke on stage. That would've been the smart thing to do, not just go awkwardly say "alright". But she didn't and that says something to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.