• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
At one point in 2008, during the financial crisis when McCain looked like an idiot with no direction once he suspended his campaign, and when people were losing homes and jobs, I thought to myself this: "Holy shit, we're going to have a black president!"

Replace "black" with "female" and that's sort of how I feel right now. It's too early, but I'm getting that "wait a minute, is this actually maybe happening?" vibe with every passing day.
As a woman who lived through the horsefuckery that was 2016, I won't believe it until I see it.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
NOW can I insist that Tulsi is a plant without people thinking I'm a butthurt Kamala stan?

I mean, I am a butthurt Kamala stan...BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
As a woman who lived through the horsefuckery that was 2016, I won't believe it until I see it.
Even that may not be enough.

Even if you wake up to a Warren presidency, you're going to be waking up to a new world of right-wing smears and Republican efforts to delegitimize her authority. Obama won, but they also ground him down with all the bullshit.

NOW can I insist that Tulsi is a plant without people thinking I'm a butthurt Kamala stan?
Does it matter? She's garbage regardless.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Today basically

Oct 26, 2017

I mean, I am a butthurt Kamala stan...BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT

It's too late for us.

But yeah hopefully more people can now see she's a GOP scud missile with the sole purpose of damaging viable candidates or just causing chaos in general.

Oct 26, 2017
This afternoon has been nuts. A summary I made for my wife:
  • Graham got "pranked" by Russians, but it was months ago. People thinking it's questionable that the Russians are releasing this now (kompromat?)
  • Parnas and Fruman bail conditions are set (house arrest + GPS tracking). Hopefully they don't get Epstein'd
  • House subpoenaed Energy Secretary Rick Perry
  • Ranking Republican on the House Administration Committee requested an ethics investigation into the chair of the FEC today. You know, the one who is outspoken about Trump shitting all over fair/free election laws
  • Barr met with Rupert Murdoch
That's just ~1 hour of news lol

This is great.

Someone should post a summary like this everyday at 12am ET/9pm PT because for the last 3 weeks it's been impossible to keep up with all the day's news.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did they ever confirm that Accuweather moron who wants to privatize weather service as the head of the NOAA?

His confirmation has been tied up, not because he's a corporate ass but because he paid a settlement to women at Accuweather for "sexual harassment and a hostile work environment." That was February (best source I could find on it, with all the insanity of this administration stuff like "The guy who makes sure we don't get killed by hurricanes" slips through the cracks)

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Fox News poll thing among democrats

31% said Bernie's heart attack makes them less likely to vote for him in the primary.
10% said the Ukraine thing makes them less likely to vote for Biden in the primary.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
His confirmation has been tied up, not because he's a corporate ass but because he paid a settlement to women at Accuweather for "sexual harassment and a hostile work environment." That was February (best source I could find on it, with all the insanity of this administration stuff like "The guy who makes sure we don't get killed by hurricanes" slips through the cracks)
Right. I really doubted it would go under my radar but thought I would ask anyway.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
So mission accomplished for Trump's election interference quest.
Actually, I would have thought it would have damaged Biden more. 10% is really pretty good.

However, that 31% for Bernie is a problem. It's not like he was winning or moving in the right direction before the heart attack. Also, 15% of people say it makes them more likely to vote for him. I think we know which 15% they are.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017

31% said Bernie's heart attack makes them less likely to vote for him in the primary.
10% said the Ukraine thing makes them less likely to vote for Biden in the primary.
I would understand Bernie's determination to stay in the race in a situation where he is the only progressive running, and if he dipped we'd be guaranteed stuck with Biden or worse. But that's not the case. It's like, someone needs to whisper to him: "Sweetie, Warren's gonna be president. You can rest now."

Oct 26, 2017
As for the SDNY arrest, Democrats should just let it play out on its own. No need to get too side-tracked trying to fold this into their investigation except for the parts that already naturally overlap.

This arrest almost single-handily takes down the talking-point of Trump and associates trying to weed out corruption in Ukraine. How can Trump and GOP congressmen say with a straight face, "they only care about corruption no matter the source" when their point-man Rudy was in daily contact/coordination with two corrupt criminals working corruptly on their behalf. This will make the Abuse of Power charge with impeachment more powerful because it removes the haze of "fighting corruption".

DEMs need to just focus on getting witnesses to actually show up and getting actual documentation/transcripts/texts. Those will be the things that make the impeachment case stronger not chasing after SDNY's investigation. All those "concerned" national security officials from the Wapo/WSJ, the Dems need to get at least one of them in a witness chair in front of the public saying the July 25th call "scared the shit out of them" and thought it might be "illegal". That's what puts impeachment over the edge and puts GOP Senators on the spot because public opinion will be firmly on the side of impeachment at that point.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I would understand Bernie's determination to stay in the race in a situation where he is the only progressive running, and if he dipped we'd be guaranteed stuck with Biden or worse. But that's not the case. It's like, someone needs to whisper to him: "Sweetie, Warren's gonna be president. You can rest now."

If Bernie drops out, half his staff will endorse Jill Stein though.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Actually, I would have thought it would have damaged Biden more. 10% is really pretty good.

However, that 31% for Bernie is a problem. It's not like he was winning or moving in the right direction before the heart attack. Also, 15% of people say it makes them more likely to vote for him. I think we know which 15% they are.
Yeah, everything seems to be going south for him. 🤐 On the 15%

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

Surprise. As was stated at the time, he was in 3rd place before facing a) a decline in momentum as a result of (rightly) resting more to recover, b) people already concerned about age deciding that's settled. Given all that, I don't see a path to the nomination.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
All of this news is exciting, oh so exciting. But I try not to get too happy because while I feel more strongly now more than ever that he will be impeached, I'm still certain the senate will throw it out. And we will still have a Russian stooge in the Oval Office who no doubt has a vested interest in interfering with the election by any means that he can muster.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm confused by the wording. Is this just throwing Giuliani and Sondland under the bus?

I think it's more that Trump was having them run shadow policy that the 'real' administration wouldn't do, which would be worse for Trump. Trump's people are reportedly worried:

Hill's planned testimony has stoked fear among people close to Trump, per a former senior White House official. Also a key test for whether House can get testimony from *former* officials despite threat White House may assert executive privilege. W/
@carolelee

@kwelkernbc

Edit, full story here, includes this quote:
Hill plans to say that Giuliani and Sondland side-stepped the proper process for accessing Trump on Ukraine issues, the person familiar with her expected testimony said, including circumventing John Bolton, who was Trump's national security adviser until September.

Not great for Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.