• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
like her national poll numbers, Warren's % of the black vote has also risen, so like, it might just be a lagging indicator. or not.

But it's already a narrower gap than 2016 and there's been real movement there for her so I'm assuming that will continue.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You have to understand that, for a lot of Black folk of a certain age, every white person has the capacity for racism. There WAS a time in this country where "Ok, they're a racist, but not as racist as that dude over there" was literally the best black folks could expect to get.

So when we're living in a time where white people across all age groups just elected the most blatantly racist (and blatantly stupid) man to the presidency!? Y'all made that racist kumquat the President??? Black folk of a certain are not gonna give a shit that Biden says some thoughtless things and was friends with segregationists. He's a rich white man of privilege in his 70s. Of course he was.

But this is what y'all want. And at least this old white man's racism won't harm us as much at that guy's.
I don't want any of this!

Take it all back!

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the problem is she's lagging with the black vote in the southern states compared to nationwide. The polling out of CA seems to back this up.
Maybe but Bernie also lost white southern Dems in 2016 and she's winning them so it's quite likely that would stop him from getting a lopsided amount of delegates in the South alone.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
And, to be clear, as a fan of Warren, I don't doubt her ability to correct and speak to black people. People forget because she's surging, but early in her campaign when everyone thought her campaign was dead, she literally kept herself afloat by aggressively campaigning for black support. She was one of the first (and still, I think, only) candidates to address the disproportionately high maternal mortality rate among black women. As the son of a mother who almost died from complications after giving birth to my youngest sister (and racist doctors who thought my mother, literally screaming in pain for several days as gangrene developed in her ovaries, was just being dramatic) that spoke to me in a very real way. I think I posted about it here at the time.

I suppose my frustration is that effort...really stopped when Warren got her feet back under her.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
I'm loving the comments section of that poll:

These are sad, broken-minded people who, by both their indifferent education and a constant diet of angry conspiracy theories, consider anything that isn't a slander of libs and minorities "Not News". Even FNC is learning the hard way that having Conservative-flavored news isn't what these people ordered, they don't even want it on the menu. They need those Security Blanket Thoughts and they need that distraction 24/7.

Then they disappear from the press corps.

Then the press corps disappears. So what? All that soft cyka does is hide by the chopper so he can mishear damning questions then bolt when the heat gets to him anyways. Reporters need to dig, not beg.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
And, to be clear, as a fan of Warren, I don't doubt her ability to correct and speak to black people. People forget because she's surging, but early in her campaign when everyone thought her campaign was dead, she literally kept herself afloat by aggressively campaigning for black support. She was one of the first (and still, I think, only) candidates to address the disproportionately high maternal mortality rate among black women. As the son of a mother who almost died from complications after giving birth to my youngest sister (and racist doctors who thought my mother, literally screaming in pain for several days as gangrene developed in her ovaries, was just being dramatic) that spoke to me in a very real way. I think I posted about it here at the time.

I suppose my frustration is that effort...really stopped when Warren got her feet back under her.

I think there's confidence in Warren getting black support not just because she's done this ^ in the past, but because she's more able to comfortably talk about a range of issues than Bernie, and can reasonably attack Biden for his past. I imagine the number of, for example, black women who have been "fired" for getting pregnant is higher than those of white women (simply because of systemic racism), and Warren's ability to talk about just that subject without meandering back to generic statements about taxing the wealthy/wealth redistribution/Wall Street I think gives her an edge.

And, when it comes to Biden, I think Warren will be the one who hits him on his treatment of Anita Hill, pushing the "Believe women" angle, and contending that were Hill a white woman, she would've been treated differently. I'm not certain whether that's true or not - I don't think Biden is openly racist, but his "I'm friends with segregationists" isn't a great look - but I do think it would undercut some of Biden's support. It would be hard to frame it well, though, I admit - attacking an old white guy who plays the "I'm besties with Obama" card and has a great line in pained/hurt expressions, it would be difficult to not look like you're punching down, but I think Warren has enough charisma and empathy to pull it off.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
This Syria bit is so stupendously stupid and seemingly out of nowhere that it'd rank as a shitty anime betrayaton. Except it's fucking real and against a dedicated ally that did a TON of fucking grunt work fighting ISIS and that are going to get fucking murdered by Turkish Trump. Somehow, Trump managed to go from a thing that was effectively indefensible with Ukraine and then do something even MORE indefensible. I hope he calls Mitch 20 times a day, in tears, wondering why no one will support him on this. Fuck them both.

Yeah, attacking Warren on a "no results" message is... stupid as hell, lol. Biden is screwed if that's the best they've been able to come up with.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017

Ya just can't make this shit up.

was just about t post this. Stupidest damn timeline.

OK, so trump gets on the call, erdogon says he's going to fuck up the Kurds trump says ok and then realizes he should probably get the US troops out of the way. He was never "bringing home the troops" and had no plan.

cant wait to hear the story behind this one.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
don't worry everyone, even if all of the Kurds are murdered by Edrogan, the Beetles will still make their Ellen appearance

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
was just about t post this. Stupidest damn timeline.

OK, so trump gets on the call, erdogon says he's going to fuck up the Kurds trump says ok and then realizes he should probably get the US troops out of the way. He was never "bringing home the troops" and had no plan.

cant wait to hear the story behind this one.

this is bananas. "In case everything goes to hell and tens of thousands of captured ISIS members are set free, don't fret! The US has retained custody of TWO very bad dudes!"

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
"Countless Kurds may die, but we (probably illegally) extracted 2 bad dudes so this totally works out in our favor guys!" is not spin I would have ever anticipated. This is like an accidental confession that there's some new version of Guantanamo for extrajudicial stuff out there somewhere, too.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

I heard people run for governor usually the year before election, how about running for governor 6 YEARS in advance

If you don't know who Amanda Chase is, she's a state senator in Virginia who is so so far to the right, she might as well be the King/Gohmert/Gosar/Steve Bannon levels of shitty that would make Ken Cuccinelli look like a walk in the park in terms of ideology like in this article

Virginia state Sen. Amanda F. Chase strapped a .38 Special to her hip and swaggered through her first term in "Mr. Jefferson's" Capitol like she owned the joint. The Chesterfield County Republican cussed out a cop over a parking spot, called the Senate clerk "Miss Piggy" and said rape victims are "naive and unprepared."

Chase was swashbucklingly on brand again recently at the staid Country Club of Virginia, where she staged a fundraiser with Joy Villa, a performer who went to the Grammys this year in a gown resembling President Trump's border wall, accessorized with metal spikes and barbed wire.

"I love ballsy women," gushed antiabortion activist Leslie Davis Blackwell, as Chase and Villa posed for pictures and declared themselves kindred disrupters.

In a state where Trump's approval rating is in the basement, Chase is the rare suburban Republican who is embracing the president as she seeks a second term in a pivotal election this November.

Democrats are banking on anti-Trump sentiment to help them in suburban districts. Many Republicans, meanwhile, are trying to avoid talking about the president or divisive issues such as guns and abortion.

Not Chase.

"I won't be quiet. I won't be silenced," she declared to about 40 donors at the country club. "I'm going to continue to boldly represent our family values and those values which make Virginia, Virginia. We are not California. We are not New York. And we will not be, as long as I'm serving in the General Assembly.

Chase rails against the push by congressional Democrats toward impeachment, calling it "just another failed and desperate attempt to take Trump out of office."

The 49-year-old freshman lawmaker says Democrats and RINOs — Republicans in name only — are aligned against her because she is a conservative truth-teller.
The fracas with the Capitol Police officer over the parking spot was a "trap," she said. The police report saying she called the Senate clerk Miss Piggy, a partisan hit. The Facebook ad that had her vowing to "shoot down" anti-gun groups, bungled by her ad agency or perhaps altered by a Democratic saboteur.

At a time when the GOP can't afford to lose a single seat, some Senate Republicans fret that the drama swirling around "Senator Annie Oakley Chase," as some call her, threatens to put her reliably red district in play.

"What she does, we all pay a price for," said one frustrated GOP senator who spoke on the condition of anonymity to be candid. Chesterfield County Sheriff Karl Leonard, a Republican who withdrew his support this spring because Chase would not apologize to the police officer, has been in the senator's sights ever since. She threatened to hurt his fundraising — "I'll let my Republican donors know," she texted — and has been campaigning with his challenger, an independent. On Friday, she accused Leonard of making Chesterfield a "sanctuary city." That was news to the sheriff, who last year backed Rep. Dave Brat (R-Va.), an immigration hard-liner.

On Monday, the Chesterfield County GOP ousted Chase for attacking Leonard and promoting the independent challenging him. "It's a train wreck in slow motion," Leonard said. "There's so many people trying to get her back on the tracks, but she just doesn't listen."

Senate Minority Leader Richard L. Saslaw (D-Fairfax), who saddled Chase with the Annie Oakley nickname, said she also reminds him of the president."She's a replica of Trump," Saslaw said. "His conduct is bizarre, and so is hers."

Chase supporters compare her to Trump, too, but favorably.

They like her bravado, even if they wince at times. Conservative radio host John Fredericks said that Chase "owes everybody an apology" over the confrontation with police but that he still admires her willingness to speak frankly on tough issues.

"She has chutzpah," said Fredericks, chairman of Trump's 2016 Virginia campaign. "Agree with her or not, she is who she is."
During a special legislative session in July, a gun-control group wielding a video camera put Republicans on the spot as they passed through the Capitol's marble hallways. As the video crew lobbed questions about expanding background checks, a pair of suburban Republicans scattered. Chase didn't run; she said flatly that she wouldn't support anything that infringes on gun rights.

At the country club fundraiser, the singer who struts red carpets in liberal Los Angeles wearing Trump-tribute gowns felt a kinship with the outspoken senator.

"We're like sisters at this point," Villa said. "I mean, this woman is so fearless. . . . There's not a lot of people out there who have the guts to do and say what she does and says."

That's not without risk, even in a district where Trump took 53 percent of the vote while losing Virginia overall by six points. Chase's Democratic challenger — another Amanda, Amanda Pohl — has used some of Chase's headlines to raise money.

After the El Paso mass shooting in August, Chase put out a video calling for an end to "gun-free zones that are creating safe havens for criminals who don't follow the law."

Pohl, a social worker and former hospital chaplain who favors expanded background checks, promoted the video, too — calling Chase's response "outrageous and dangerous. She is out of touch with our district and with reality."

Emotions were high last year as a handful of Senate Republicans were about to break ranks and vote to expand Medicaid — something the GOP had fiercely opposed for years.

House Republicans had done an about-face after an anti-Trump wave in 2017 all but wiped out their 2-to-1 majority. Now Senate Republicans were crumbling.

In a closed caucus meeting ahead of the vote, Chase warned the four defectors that she would see to it that they all got primary challengers, according to witnesses.

Then she stormed out of the meeting room in the historic Capitol, grabbing the doorknob with such force that it went airborne, barely missing a senator seated nearby.

"What can I say? I'm just a politically incorrect redneck from Chesterfield that is tired of all the BS going on in Richmond," she wrote in a text message confirming the event. "I'm a strong voice for the people back home who sent me to the GA to clean things up. I truly believe my constituents back home would have cheered me on had they been there. My district has had enough of politicians who promise one thing and break their promises when the pressure is on."

Chase ended that message with a smiley face. Despite her hard-charging ways, she's often upbeat.

Yet for all her bravado and breezy air, Chase often expresses fear for her physical safety. She said she has received death threats because of her outspokenness. She has hired a bodyguard who doubles as her campaign manager.

Chase's remark about rape came in a Facebook exchange with someone who suggested that the senator was "paranoid" for carrying a gun when she goes jogging on secluded park trails.

"it's those who are naive and unprepared that end [up] raped," she wrote. "Sorry. But I'm not going to be a statistic."

She said she started wearing the gun on her hip after immigration activists confronted her and another senator about a bill to ban sanctuary cities. She said she had Capitol Police drive her short distances — using officers like a ride-hailing service, critics said — because she was worried about walking alone.

She prefers to park in a secured pedestrian plaza right outside her office on Capitol Square, saying that's safer than her assigned garage a block away. That's what she told Officer Ashley Berryman in March, when she rolled up to the plaza gate in her white Lexus. Berryman told Chase she was not allowed to park there without special permission.

"I suggested that she park in her assigned deck," Berryman wrote later in an incident report first reported by the Richmond Times-Dispatch. "She stated that she will not park in the deck because she is in fear of her life, and that there is no guard there and that she had been receiving threats. . . . She stated'I'm not going to move unless you let the [expletive] barricades down to let me in.' "

School buses trying to drop off children for a field trip were stuck behind Chase while the episode played out. Fuming over the Senate clerk's prime parking spot, the report said, Chase referred to the clerk as Miss Piggy.

"Do you know who I am?" she demanded, according to Berryman.

Supporters of Chase's Democratic opponent seized on that line, plastering it on T-shirts: " 'Do you know who I am?' — Senator Amanda Chase. Yes, and that's why I'm voting for Amanda Pohl."

In a letter to Capitol Police, Senate Majority Leader Thomas K. Norment (R-James City) apologized on behalf of the Republican caucus, saying its members "share your exasperation."

There was no apology from Chase, who wrote on Facebook that the officer's report looked like it had been penned by "a democrat operative."

She initially denied using profanity, but later told WRVA's John Reid: "I did drop the f-bomb, but it was not directed at her [the officer]. It was at the gate." She told The Washington Post that she has "no recollection" of calling the clerk Miss Piggy.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
On a totally unrelated note, in California, I find the intersection of extreme climate change + capitalism driving power companies to deliberately shut down service in an attempt to avoid lawsuits to be fascinating. I expect some kind of shitty Trump tweet, naturally.
I'm just a lurking poli-era normie casual, but if the dems cant make anything stick here,
Feel free to post more! Polling so far seems to show a dramatic change on impeachment attitudes, and even GOP senators are starting to crack with this Syria garbage. Dems are doing fine for now. It's a shame it has to be this political.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Then the press corps disappears. So what? All that soft cyka does is hide by the chopper so he can mishear damning questions then bolt when the heat gets to him anyways.

The press corps is a vital aspect of holding the president and their administration accountable. Losing that is another step to becoming a dictatorship.

Reporters need to dig, not beg.

Reporters who do that too much aren't professionals any longer.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
The polling is going to get worse because like a lot of us said about going forward with impeachment its about an asshole no one likes, Clinton's was spearheaded by a speaker of the house that was reviled and something people saw as a personal matter. Comparing this to Clinton was dumb from the get go.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Elizabeth Warren doesn't swear off high dollar closed door fundraisers.
SHILLIZABETH.

Elizabeth Warren swears off high dollar closed door fundraisers.
I DON'T BELIEVE YOU ELIARZABETH

Oct 25, 2017
Remember when Michelle gave the two best speeches (sans the "When they go low" line) of the decade last cycle?

What a time. Sucks that they basically got negated because of the loss.

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Elizabeth Warren doesn't swear off high dollar closed door fundraisers.
SHILLIZABETH.

Elizabeth Warren swears off high dollar closed door fundraisers.
I DON'T BELIEVE YOU ELIARZABETH

Oh god, I just got a PTSD flashback to how in 2016 every time Hillary expressed a viewpoint that was even a millimeter to the right of Sanders, it was "neo-con corporatist $hillary as per usual," but then whenever she expressed a viewpoint that was totally on the same level as anything he (or whoever other leftists) would completely agree with coming from any non-Hillary source, it was just met with "wow way to COPY Bernie's ideas again!! #stealthebern amirite"

It's almost like you can't win and I hate politics

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
These guys are the worst two, they are like the joker! The rest are just regular killers.

as I assumed they are nicknamed "The Beatles", not the beetles.

The UK government agreed to assist the USA legally without getting assurances that Kotey and Elsheikh would not face the death penalty. This was contrary to established UK practise but it was feared otherwise advisors to President Trump would be outraged and Trump would bear a grudge.

Trump? A grudge?! But he has the most beautiful phone calls!

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
It's so annoying none of his posts get ratio'd lol I know it's botted to hell but it's like that gif of the truck that never crashes
I saw one that was ratio'd slightly the other day. However, more and more of his posts are under the 2:1 mark that they have been. I take it as a good sign. Bots can't keep up.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
There's a lot in here so I just picked out some stuff.

First, I will fight to pass the Equality Act to explicitly guarantee that no LGBTQ+ person in America is discriminated against for who they are or who they love.

I will end the filibuster so that we have a path to getting critical legislation like the Equality Act passed.

We also must prevent the weaponization of religion to discriminate against or harm LGBTQ+ people.

But we can't just wait for Congress to act. In my first 100 days as president, I will use every legal tool we have to make sure that LGBTQ+ people can live free from discrimination.

My administration will also make LGBTQ+ non-discrimination a condition of federal grants.
I will increase federal enforcement and investigations into anti-LGBTQ+ discrimination, so that these rights are part of LGBTQ+ people's lived experience.
I will also expand affirmative civil rights testing for anti-LGBTQ+ discrimination.

This starts by banning discrimination against sexual orientation and gender identity in our adoption agencies and child welfare system.

We must also institute a nationwide ban on conversion therapy.

I will also make it easier to change identification documents to reflect a person's gender identity.

I'll start by amending the Elementary and Secondary Education Act to require school districts to adopt codes of conduct that specifically prohibit bullying and harassment on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity. I'll also direct the Education Department to reinstate guidance – revoked by the Trump Administration – on transgender students' rights under federal law. And I'll make clear that federal civil rights laws prohibit anti-LGBTQ+ discrimination like discriminatory dress codes, banning students from writing or discussing LGBTQ+ topics in class, or punishing students for bringing same-sex partners to school events.

Federal policies should also support LGBTQ+ people with unique family structures. Many members of the LGBTQ+ community form close familial ties to individuals who may not be their legal or blood relatives, a relationship that is commonly referred to as a chosen family. As president, I would make sure that federal family programs like paid family leave cover chosen family members, and individuals who take a leave of absence to care for a chosen family member would qualify for the caregiver credit under my Social Security plan. My universal child care plan will also make child care free for millions of families, including LGBTQ+ families, who according to a 2013 study are 2-3 times more likely to report living at or near the poverty line, and affordable for everyone.
strengthening the non-discrimination provisions in the Fair Housing Act by specifically prohibiting housing discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, and the source of one's income, like a housing voucher

It's also time to end the discriminatory blood donation ban for gay and bisexual men. For decades, the FDA has banned gay and bisexual men from donating blood. This ban is outdated, discriminatory, and reduces the already scarce blood supply. I helped lead the fight against this discriminatory ban and pushed the FDA to change its policies. While this change was an improvement, it does not go far enough. As president, I would lift this ban completely and make sure that any restrictions around blood donations are grounded in science and based on individual risk factors.

And we should publicly manufacture PrEP, lowering costs and making the drug available to more people.

As I have outlined, we will use every legal tool we have to prohibit the intersecting forms of discrimination that transgender women of color face everywhere it occurs. I've also pledged to use executive action to fight discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, and national origin, and to fight discrimination at the intersections of gender and race. My EEOC will issue first-of-its-kind guidance on enforcing claims involving intersectional race and gender discrimination. I will also strengthen and enforce the HUD Equal Access Rule, reversing Ben Carson's outrageous proposal to allow homeless shelters to discriminate against transgender women – so if a trans women of color survivor loses her home because of intimate-partner violence, she doesn't face widespread discrimination from homeless shelters.

Finally, I will create a new grant program within the Office of Violence Against Women that will specifically channel resources into organizations by and for transgender people, especially people of color.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I have noticed that all the "I don't even like Trump, but" posts have stopped completely on ERA the last couple of weeks. It's been nice. There really is no defense of Trump now, so you can't pretend to not support him while defending him without going full GOP.
I've noticed a change too, especially on Twitter. I expect to read tweet comments of Magat bots and supporters, but am overwhelmed by all the great comments actually calling out the bullshit. It feels like the sun is starting to poke through the clouds and people are starting to wake up.

This is interesting because it shows Democrats are also getting to the bottom of Russian involvement with Trump.

Pack up the works with subpoenas after subpoenas especially from disgruntled Trump employees. There are like hundreds of them at this point.
DC072617A.jpg

I feel like this picture could use a couple more stages.
6. person at home pulling knife from back while Trump is on TV and their head is bright red about to explode
7. receiving a house subpoena in the mail with intrigue on their face
8. standing in congress with a shovel shoveling dirt with a thought bubble of trump in handcuffs

And for a little laugh, #DevinHasALeakingAnus has been trending all night because of this story done by the onion about Devin Nunes:

'At Least They Don't Know About My Leaking, Prolapsed Anus,' Thinks Devin Nunes Filing Lawsuit Against Mocking Twitter Accounts

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
On the topic of black support.

Warren knows she needs it (unlike Birdie who tried to win without it). And she's not unfamiliar with winning it - even though, her state's black popn is small.
At an annual awards dinner hosted by the Congressional Black Caucus in Washington, DC, last month, Rev. Jesse Jackson watched as a stream of attendees walked over to one 2020 Democratic candidate, looking to shake her hand, chat and take a photo together.

It was Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, being approached "all night long," Jackson said: "People coming across the room to get a picture."

The overwhelmingly positive reception that Warren received at the black-tie CBC gala wasn't the first time the senator has stood out this year at a forum of a largely black audience. Warren received a standing ovation at the "She The People" conference this summer as she presented her idea for bringing down the maternal mortality rate among black women; in June, Jackson lavished her with praise at the Rainbow Push conference; and Warren appeared to be a crowd favorite at Al Sharpton's National Action Network conference in April, when she spoke about the acute challenges facing African-American homeowners.
On Wednesday, after another "walking tour" through a Charleston, South Carolina, neighborhood, Warren held a roundtable meeting with local residents, activists and leaders.
According to Jackson, who himself ran for President twice in the 1980s, he and Warren speak "quite often." The civil rights activists told CNN in an interview the senator has reached out to him periodically as she has mounted a bid for the White House.
"She appears to be fearless," Jackson said. He has not endorsed in the Democratic primary and said he is undecided on whether he will publicly back someone before the Iowa caucuses. "People hear her and they respond to her. She has the capacity to arouse the base."
For years, Warren has periodically attended services at the 12th Baptist Church, one of the oldest black churches in the Boston area. Brown said Warren personally calls to give him a heads-up before attending Sunday services, and that while he has asked her on multiple occasions to speak to the congregation, she has largely declined.
Remarking upon the Bible that Warren brings to church -- "What I love about her Bible is that it's not brand new. And I've seen it. I've looked at it. It's a well-worn thing" -- Brown said it is what he sees as the senator's understanding of the unique needs of African-Americans that leads him to believe that there is room for black support for Warren to grow.
And from a while back.
Ms. Warren is making a concerted effort to build relationships with black leaders.

"Every couple of weeks, she'll call just out of nowhere," said the Rev. Al Sharpton, who has yet to endorse a candidate. When Mr. Sharpton became a grandfather late last year, Ms. Warren was quick to offer congratulations. And last month, when Mr. Sharpton received an award and gave a speech at the annual Congressional Black Caucus Foundation dinner in Washington, he immediately received a text from Ms. Warren.

"She's the only one that does that," he said. "Friends of mine didn't text."

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda feel like only extremely stupid people are convinced by Facebook ads. So like most olds already voting for trump.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda feel like only extremely stupid people are convinced by Facebook ads. So like most olds already voting for trump.
There are young extremely stupid people too. I remember we had a high school reunion in 2016 and a lot of dumb people said they didn't like Trump, but they couldn't vote for Hillary after she promised to ban all guns and get rid of the second ammendment.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
lol yes, it prevents employers from looking up criminal records of potential employees beyond sex offender stuff. It's intended to help address those issues, especially for minorities w a criminal record, but it instead makes things worse for minorities overall due to the way it interacts with casual racism.

Banning it widens the gap that its trying to lower. The policy backfires. As you said, the system favors white men, and they end up the big beneficiaries while minorities end up the losers.

You could be right, I got to do research.
On the topic of black support.

Warren knows she needs it (unlike Birdie who tried to win without it). And she's not unfamiliar with winning it - even though, her state's black popn is small.

And from a while back.

Well relying on Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton might be one of her problems. They are no longer the gatekeepers they use to be and don't got the support to help her numbers significantly.

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
There are young extremely stupid people too. I remember we had a high school reunion in 2016 and a lot of dumb people said they didn't like Trump, but they couldn't vote for Hillary after she promised to ban all guns and get rid of the second ammendment.
well she did do that. She said it right after fainting. I mean dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.