• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
We have two more days left in the week. I wonder how Trump makes it worse for himself.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
1) Jane knew he was having a heart attack before he was taken to the cath lab. (As would Bernie if he was coherent).
2) Jane and Bernie knew the extent of the heart attack after the cath, angioplasty and stent placement.
3) Trying to spin this any other way is a lie. It's a flat out lie.

IMAGINE what we'd be hearing if Biden, Warren, Harris or anyone else tried to lie their way out of a literal heart attack. Just imagine.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
1) Jane knew he was having a heart attack before he was taken to the cath lab. (As would Bernie if he wasn't coherent).
2) Jane and Bernie knew the extent of the heart attack after the cath, angioplasty and stent placement.
3) Trying to spin this any other way is a lie. It's a flat out lie.

IMAGINE what we'd be hearing if Biden, Warren, Harris or anyone else tried to lie their way out of a literal heart attack. Just imagine.
I don't really care, tbh. They came out with it in the end and reporting it shouldn't have been the highest priority there.

That being said, if Hillary had gone through the same thing we all know how people would react.

Nov 20, 2017
Screenshot_from_2019-10-09_23-08-12.png

Black primary electorate # vs. overall primary electorate # from poll aggregates. Marianne is clearly having the Oprah effect rub off on her!

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
Look, Warren didn't realize she was pregnant in 1971 until she got back the test results in 2008, which was after she gave that speech.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie beats the grim reaper and he comes back swinging at the media and making shit up. What a loon.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
a Warren presidency would benefit the black electorate so much more than a biden presidency.
I say just give it time for her to get her message out. black people have been screwed over by banks and corporations way more than other Americans and warren is the best bet to fight back.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I don't really care, tbh. They came out with it in the end and reporting it shouldn't have been the highest priority there.

That being said, if Hillary had gone through the same thing we all know how people would react.
I mean, it's totally fine if you don't care. But he and his wife are just lying. For a candidate who loves to pretend to be preaching from on high to all of us mortals, it's pretty deplorable to just...you know lie. He wanted to spin it as no big deal. It was the doctor who released a statement confirming the heart attack. It would eventually come out anyway if he actually does release his medical records.

But he and his wife are lying. I think that's fair to point out. It's a lie.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
It sounds a lot like Erdogan said, "I'm doing this", and Trump said, "you win", and then moved our troops out of the way and then claimed it was all his idea.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
a Warren presidency would benefit the black electorate so much more than a biden presidency.
I say just give it time for her to get her message out. black people have been screwed over by banks and corporations way more than other Americans and warren is the best bet to fight back.

That was the Bernie 2016 angle.

It didn't work.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's totally fine if you don't care. But he and his wife are just lying. For a candidate who loves to pretend to be preaching from on high to all of us mortals, it's pretty deplorable to just...you know lie. He wanted to spin it as no big deal. It was the doctor who released a statement confirming the heart attack. It would eventually come out anyway if he actually does release his medical records.

But he and his wife are lying. I think that's fair to point out. It's a lie.
I don't think there's much point to it at all. It'd be wrong to attack any candidate over 3 days of botched communication after a heart attack (it'd totally happen, though).

I mean, he flat out lied during the debate that he has a history of getting an F rating from the NRA when he's D- and the other people on that stage had about 8-11% F ratings. Now that's a lie that's worth mentioning.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017

That time Hillary died:
Hillary Clinton is being treated for pneumonia and dehydration, her doctor said on Sunday, hours after she abruptly left a ceremony in New York honoring the 15th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks and had to be helped into a van by Secret Service agents.
Mrs. Clinton was taken from the morning event at ground zero to the Manhattan apartment of her daughter, Chelsea. About 90 minutes after arriving there, Mrs. Clinton emerged from the apartment in New York's Flatiron district. She waved to onlookers and posed for pictures with a little girl on the sidewalk.

"I'm feeling great," Mrs. Clinton said. "It's a beautiful day in New York."
But just after 5 p.m., a campaign official said Mrs. Clinton's physician, Dr. Lisa R. Bardack, had examined the candidate at her home in Chappaqua, and Dr. Bardack said in a statement that Mrs. Clinton was "rehydrated and recovering nicely."
The episode thrust questions about Mrs. Clinton's health and the transparency of her campaign squarely into the last two months of the race, which many polls show has grown tighter. For months Republicans have, with scarce evidence, questioned the stamina of Mrs. Clinton, 68, and claimed she is ill, often pointing to her repeated coughing bouts.

Oct 25, 2017
what does she need to do though

and I feel like this primary is very different from 2016.

She needs to be a near-lock to win.

Y'all keep talking about banks and shit, but Trump, not banks is the existential threat that we face right in front of us right now. Who can beat him? If Warren shows she's got the momentum by actually winning primaries, that's what she can do to gain enough of the black vote to win the nomination.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019

Y'all keep talking about banks and shit, but Trump, not banks is the existential threat that we face right in front of us right now. Who can beat him? If Warren shows she's got the momentum by actually winning primaries, that's what she can do to gain enough of the black vote to win the nomination.
the way things are going she is definitely getting the nomination.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if it's a close race I expect that Warren won't win black voters. If she wins black voters it'll be because she's winning across the board. You can imagine this happening if Biden collapses, and obviously she'll want to do what she can to reduce Biden's margin, but outright winning the black vote shouldn't be a key part of her strategy for winning the nomination.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Trump is so fucking lame, ugh. Erdogan made him his bitch in a 10 minute phonecall.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
And yeah, I get she was the nominee at that point but I don't think the reaction would have been much less during the primary.

Imagine if Hillary Clinton had a heart attack on the campaign trail.
Released a statement just saying she had chest discomfort.
Got stents.
Only announced she had a heart attack when she was discharged.
And then Bill Clinton said that he didn't know about it until two days after, and that's why the information was held back.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Sure the foundation on the house might be rotting away but when the building is currently engulfed in flames people are more apt to be more concerned with finding someone, anyone, who can put them out before worrying about any other problem. Hence Biden being so popular.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Sure the foundation on the house might be rotting away but when the building is currently engulfed in flames people are more apt to be more concerned with finding someone, anyone, who can put them out before worrying about any other problem. Hence Biden being so popular.
but he's losing that popularity

we gotta think about the present and the future trend wise.warren is having meteoric rise, and biden has only maintained or lost support

Oct 27, 2017
It sounds a lot like Erdogan said, "I'm doing this", and Trump said, "you win", and then moved our troops out of the way and then claimed it was all his idea.

Basically

Trump tried to shoe-horn his campaign lie about taking US soldiers out of Syria into his cowardess and general disregard for anyone else that doesn't make him money.

I suspect Stephen Miller slipped this idea, lifted from a RW nut job blogger, that Kurds are just self interested, tribal leeches that will have to be cut loose to MAGA.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I don't think there's much point to it at all. It'd be wrong to attack any candidate over 3 days of botched communication after a heart attack (it'd totally happen, though).

I mean, he flat out lied during the debate that he has a history of getting an F rating from the NRA when he's D- and the other people on that stage had about 8-11% F ratings. Now that's a lie that's worth mentioning.
Everytime no one attacks him for lying about his record on guns, I want to scream. I have no idea why people on that stage treat the man with kid gloves. Granted, it's not a good look to attack the also rans....but oh my god. He just LIES about his gun record. It makes me want to scream.

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
It's gross but the thing that might make Trumpers pause for a moment is not being a coward and turning on allies that leads to civilian deaths, but hearing him get bullied by some teeny ass country's autocrat. Just so fuckin weak.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017

This.

She also needs to give black people a seat at the table.

I know I keep harping on her Clinton College event, which was relatively minor. Still, it was quite telling to me about the makeup of her team in terms of who actually has power to shape her campaign strategy.

Overall, her campaign has to fundamentally understand that when they are pitching to progressives, they aren't by default pitching to black folk. I said this about Bernie in 2016 in terms of his strategy: You need to understand that black people, by large, are inherently distrustful of "progressives," because progressives and progressive movements are historically not innocent of throwing black people under the bus this country.

The progressive is the white person wearing ugly denim and hemp clothing, volunteering at shelters on Thanksgiving, but then going MAGA when someone tries to introduce low income zoning to their neighborhood.

For all Biden's failings, he knows how to "talk" to black people, even if it's bullshit. Warren is still talking to the young(ish) white progressive.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Oh. So Trump got bulldozed and since he is a weak loser he just rolled over and took it? Yeah, this is believable and just as bad as if he caved because of his business in Turkey or blackmail.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
is all that nice biden talk gonna lead to actual change tho?

Idk, if you add the Bernie and Warren black support from that poll here, you get 30 percent. I think that's pretty good this early on.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Super Tuesday is gonna be quite something. Getting Iowa and NH will (supposedly) move some black voters to Warren but thats all hypothetical

If Bernie does badly in those first four states, immediately endorsing Warren to help her keep or increase her lead would be pretty cool.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Is there reason to think that most of Sanders' black supporters will go to Warren?
im guessing the majority are supporting Bernie due to his progressive views? and in the race Warren is the next best progressive?

also she is the way more realistic option. Bernie has been in congress for decades and seems like he doesn't have any friends in congress. we need someone to actually get shit done and not just promise us everything.
bernie is just unrealistic, and I think a nation dealing with 35 percent of its population being absolutely brain washed, can't take a chance on unrealistic. Warren is like 60 percent of Bernies promises with like 200 percent more chance of actually making them happen.

biden would just cause us to lose seats in 2022 due to his absolute lack of agenda

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Again, I want to point out....there is a lot of icky factor in assuming Warren is somehow just going to be given black support if XYZ drops out. That shows a fundamental lack of understanding WHY she is struggling with black voters. I hate the whole rhetoric around it. She wants support from black folk? She gotta do the work. There is ample evidence to suggest she WILL put in the work, but it's going to be a process.

Also, I think Clyburn is going to endorse Warren. Just my read of the room, but I really think he will. If so, that is a great get and a good surrogate to send out while trying to build inroads.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No she needs to do more for the AA community then Bernie's approach.

What makes no damn sense is Hillary did do outreach. Biden is literally doing nothing

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This.

She also needs to give black people a seat at the table.

I know I keep harping on her Clinton College event, which was relatively minor. Still, it was quite telling to me about the makeup of her team in terms of who actually has power to shape her campaign strategy.

Overall, her campaign has to fundamentally understand that when they are pitching to progressives, they aren't by default pitching to black folk. I said this about Bernie in 2016 in terms of his strategy: You need to understand that black people, by large, are inherently distrustful of "progressives," because progressives and progressive movements are historically not innocent of throwing black people under the bus this country.

The progressive is the white person wearing ugly denim and hemp clothing, volunteering at shelters on Thanksgiving, but then going MAGA when someone tries to introduce low income zoning to their neighborhood.

For all Biden's failings, he knows how to "talk" to black people, even if it's bullshit. Warren is still talking to the young(ish) white progressive.
I'm sorry but saying "That segregationist was my friend" is ah...interesting support for black folk.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
wait, so the conversation was "You're not making this safe zone safe enough" and Trump was like "Fuck safe zones, we out"?
I'm reading it more in lines of Erdogan saying "we're going to do what we want" and Trump replying with "no, no, I'm letting you do that."

Like a "you can't fire me, I quit" kind of logic.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Black voters are generally pragmatic and will wait for primary results, not polls months before Iowa.
But then where's the fun in not constantly refreshing this thread at 5pm waiting for new polls to drop?!

Fox News as a liberal news station was not a take I was expecting today. $10 he totally goes back to watching it tomorrow anyway.

This is conservatives' go-to strategy whenever a Republican falls short in their eyes. McCain and Romney lost? Well that makes them RINOs. Shep Smith or Chris Wallace not toeing the party line? Obviously they're secret liberals. New Fox poll posts numbers that aren't great for Trump? Clearly the whole station has lost its way! The answer is never that there's something with the Republican figure or Republican position in whatever situation is going on, it's always everyone else who's wrong.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
I'm sorry but saying "That segregationist was my friend" is ah...interesting support for black folk.

You have to understand that, for a lot of Black folk of a certain age, every white person has the capacity for racism. There WAS a time in this country where "Ok, they're a racist, but not as racist as that dude over there" was literally the best black folks could expect to get.

So when we're living in a time where white people across all age groups just elected the most blatantly racist (and blatantly stupid) man to the presidency!? Y'all made that racist kumquat the President??? Black folk of a certain are not gonna give a shit that Biden says some thoughtless things and was friends with segregationists. He's a rich white man of privilege in his 70s. Of course he was.

But this is what y'all want. And at least this old white man's racism won't harm us as much at that guy's.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
No she needs to do more for the AA community then Bernie's approach.

What makes no damn sense is Hillary did do outreach. Biden is literally doing nothing

When y'all say that here, do you mean, like on the campaign trail?
isn't that literally pandering
or do yall mean "having a plan for black Americans"?
cause I feel like her plans would best benefit black Americans.

at the end of the day black issues are more of a local and state thing, with voter suppression, zoning squabbles, segregation, oppressive police forces, and a shitty justice system that just got worse for at least 20 more years due to all the judges trump has quietly been pushing through. The president, besides those judge appointments I mentioned, is more of our moral leader, and nothing about warren says that shed be bad for black people.
we just need overall turnout to be high and people to stop looking for that unicorn candidate.
if it was up to me Bernie Sanders would be god emperor of this country, but we gotta be realistic, and his presidency would accomplish nothing, just like Bidens. Warren is the way to go.

warren does seem to be the "anti-corruption" candidate, and before we do anything, I think we need to make sure we have rooted out corruption in this country

Status
Not open for further replies.