• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
One of the only bright spots of Trump's presidency is the total and complete vindication of Hillary Clinton. Every damn thing she said gonna happen, happened. And everyone can fucking sit the hell down about it. Cause she right. She always been right. She gonna keep being right.
tenor.gif

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
One of the only bright spots of Trump's presidency is the total and complete vindication of Hillary Clinton. Every damn thing she said gonna happen, happened. And everyone can fucking sit the hell down about it. Cause she right. She always been right. She gonna keep being right.

She's ferociously intelligent. Shame about that campaigning blind spot, because she was way ahead of the game otherwise.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
That video is still p enjoyable

I dont know whats funnier, his complete inability to let Iowa go or the fact that Iowa was ultimately irrelevant bc Obama won with or without it
Ohio, but yeah.

Favorite is still when the Romney campaign was making a fuss about recounting Florida. Yeah, turn over 90,000 votes so you can... lose by less!

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Just proves again most Americans don't want the smartest and shrewdest politician for president, but some yokel they can have a beer with.

Trump is the farthest from that, though. The Obama quote upthread is better. Some people, privileged and living a quiet life, figure it's fine to just throw everything in a blender.

Clinton also got it right with the "Basket of Deplorables" comment (even if that wasn't the best move politically). Some people are just dicks and, at least in their voting habits, have no redeeming value.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
don't let the fake news fool you, that entire 48% is in sanctuary cities like New York and California, and the rest of the US is the 37% that will lead to a Red Wave and a perfect re-election

Vena

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That's why I said voters (also because that was the word you used) - if they didn't vote republican in 2018, they're not included in my (hermetically and logically accurate) generalization. If they vote republican in 2020, they're welcome back into that category.

Ah, okay I misunderstood you then since I was speaking entirely on the basis of Republican voters as registered and identified Republicans in their entirety, regardless of how they voted in one specific election.

But even still, many in 2018 can and likely will also slide away from the their R vote in 2020, or at least discussion and exposure of more of Trump's criminal activity beyond the Fox bubble can sway them away from voting outright.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Dam breaking?

Adam Kinzinger
@RepKinzinger

I was among the first Congressmen in Kurdish areas of Iraq after the #peshmerga beat back initial ISIS onslaughts. I saw brave men and women determined to see the fight through... and their determination to fight with our support. I promised them that we would be there... 1/2

Through the fight. They never imagined the toll (over 10,000) lives lost but they willingly fought. They defended their lands and the lands of Christians and Muslims alike. They faced ISIS directly 2/3

And yesterday they were abandoned and
@realDonaldTrump
failed to fulfill his promise to destroy ISIS. 50 American advisors prevented a Turkish attack. 50. The America I love is capable of a much higher calling. This is a failure. God bless the Kurds. 3/3

People are really fucking angry about betraying the Kurds.

SquirrelSr

Oct 26, 2017
My main issue with this whole pregnancy story is how things blew up so quickly. Warren talks about her personal experience and then someone just shows up and calls her a liar. And then everyone on the right and Bernie Bros just run with it.

The crux of their argument is literally "B-but she never said anything about this back in 2007..."

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
tenor.gif

While I am still pissed at how they fucked up her campaign and some of her rhetoric (she should have been a lot more blunt) I will always have a soft spot for Hillary. I can't think of any other public figure who has been as vilified and targeted as she has.

She would have been a remarkable president and possibly one of the greatest.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi with her highest approval rating ever in the Fox poll.

My main issue with this whole pregnancy story is how things blew up so quickly. Warren talks about her personal experience and then someone just shows up and calls her a liar. And then everyone on the right and Bernie Bros just run with it.

The crux of their argument is literally "B-but she never said anything about this back in 2007..."
The crux of the argument is "you can't trust women." The actual argument is simply window dressing.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

So people who would never vote for her anyway because she's a woman so who gives a fuck

adam387

Nov 27, 2017

For a subset of men, the important thing to keep in mind is ALL women are lying ALL the time...and then you just work backwards from there. And if a woman is a threat to something they hold dear, she's even more of a lying liar who lies. I much prefer the men who are open in their misogyny. It saves us all the time of having to sniff out the trash. The "Oh I'd totally vote for a woman! Just not that one....or that one....or that one....or that one...." are far more annoying than the "All women are : insert gendered slur here :"

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely like that Elizabeth Warren is talking about this issues it's just a shame Shillizabeth Warhawk has to lie about everything.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
who the fuck wants a beer with trump lol

not even his cultists would do that
They want to have a beer while they watch trump own the libs
I'm clearly referring to a poll that came out during Bush's election, about having a beer with the candidates.

It's a roundabout way of saying most people want someone charismatic, not smart. We should want the smartest person around!

KingK

Oct 27, 2017
Just chiming in to say some of the jabs at Good Hunter on the last couple pages seem pretty rude (calling them a troll/bot and stuff).

I haven't read every post, but it doesn't seem like trolling or bad faith to me, and it's kind of off-putting how hostile this thread can be sometimes to "outsiders."

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017

I mean it kind of takes a certain type of person with a certain type of limited experiences to think that 1) "resignations" are always willing in such circumstances, 2) the actual reason "fired for being pregnant" will be noted down in Board minutes, 3) pregnancy doesn't happen in stages, 4) everyone is going to be open about their experiences of sexism, and 5) not being open about an experience before, but sharing it now, means that you're lying now.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I mean it kind of takes a certain type of person with a certain type of limited experiences to think that 1) "resignations" are always willing in such circumstances, 2) the actual reason "fired for being pregnant" will be noted down in Board minutes, 3) pregnancy doesn't happen in stages, 4) everyone is going to be open about their experiences of sexism, and 5) not being open about an experience before, but sharing it now, means that you're lying now.
Instead of a "certain type of person," just say "sexist douchebag men and their handmaids."

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I have a name for those certain types of people, but my mamma raised me right, so I don't say it publicly.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
What does he mean by 50 American advisors prevented a Turkish attack? Only 50 guys are getting pulled out? This is the massive amount of troops trump is bringing home?

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017

WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT

THAT ELECTING A DO-NOTHING IDIOT WHO LOVES CORRUPTION

TO THE COUNTRY'S HIGHEST OFFICE

WAS A TERRIBLE FUCKING IDEA

WE DID

WE FUCKING TOLD YOU

Fuck me I am SEETHING right now. I haven't felt this specific kind of anger since 2003. Another completely pointless mistake that will take generations to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.