• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
There is no lawyer that can protect Trump from himself. We've seen it time and again.

How do you enforce inherent contempt, though? Does it take the FBI to seize the funds? The IRS? Anything where Trump could get in between the declaration of inherent contempt and the execution of it?
You don't. It's the worst sort of magical thinking.

Culex

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
We are nearly 12 months out from the election and we still have 47 candidates....like HOW is this possible?

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone everywhere in the year 2019. Seriously, as a coder myself: learn how to code. *Crowd cheers*

Kamala Harris: learn how to code.

"Yikes"
Valuation of STEM careers at the expense of all other professions is stupid. I'll criticize it whether it comes from tech bros or political candidates.

If her words were taken of of context, then fine. Once again, I've entertained the possibility she was suggesting tech literacy as a buttress to a legal or polisci career, which would be much less offensive. And actually pretty smart, given Zuck running circles around all the out-of-touch olds in congress.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if the plan is to goad democrats into eventually jailing people for ignoring subpoenas and then claim it is an "illegal coup" attempt.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
She's also a relatively great public servant with a promising future.
I mean, that goes without saying. Kamala Harris is brilliant.

But she's running this race as a black woman. Positive and negative. That people are.comparing a woman as accomplished and distinguished as her (lawyer - DA - AG of a date of 40 million people) with fucking Andrew Yang, is embarrassing. The misogynoir jumped out.

Need I remind everyone that Failed Mayor Pete Butt got months of positive press off the fact that..............his parents got him into a good school and.he had some decent accents

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Because she's a black woman. I will always be worked up.

Deal
I mean. Meh. She's not the only black woman who will ever run. And she's a big flop.

She's Duke Nukem Forever.

Her campaign has been ass, and that's on her.

Like hopefully a better gay man comes along to be the first gay President than Pete as well.

Oh I see #khive taking the Bernie Bro route, lol.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
she's not a very good candidate either on policy or ability to inspire others. that's why she's polling below Yang
She polled below Yang in one poll.

What y'all should be concerned about is the fact that she is the only candidate to actually critically wound Biden. Yang is a literal joke.

I may also pull for Warren, but y'all are not gonna short change my girl.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
FYI I was on-board the Harris train before she ever ran, back when The Economist ran a profile article on her potential years ago. And I was impressed at her initial launch and enthusiasm. And defended her pivot on healthcare and think her plan is more plausible. And when she looked like she could dislodge Biden. And I agree a woman, and a black woman at that gets more scrutiny on certain things. And the cop stuff is generally bullshit. And I've posted about how electability is basically diet sexism racism that hurts Harris the most.

And then she flopped.

Because her campaign was ass.

So I'll point out she's a flop and her campaign was ass.

But that's probably because I'm a racist sexist.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
How did Kamala critically wound Biden when a month later he gained back everything he lost in the polls and Kamala went right back to where she started

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
How did Kamala critically wound Biden when a month later he gained back everything he lost in the polls and Kamala went right back to where she started
There's the notion that when Harris was ethered by Liberal Icon, it let Biden use Reflect magic. But actually she had already started to slide and he had already regained before the next debate.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Something interesting in the NBC poll is that Trumps job approval is 43/53 but his fsvorability is 38/53. So there's a not small segment of people who dislike him but like the job he's doing. So I assume those are dumbasses who think the economy being good is his doing so hopefully when the economy shits itself next summer he losses those people.

woman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Kamala just isn't a particularly interesting candidate underneath the surface. Her identity makes her campaign historic, but beyond that, what's really there? Medicare Advantage for all? A middle class tax cut?

We can call Yang embarrassing, but at least he's meaningfully distinguished himself from the other candidates running. You might think UBI is a bad idea but it's a good thing to have the topic broached in national discourse. Same goes for Marianne and reparations.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something interesting in the NBC poll is that Trumps job approval is 43/53 but his fsvorability is 38/53. So there's a not small segment of people who dislike him but like the job he's doing. So I assume those are dumbasses who think the economy being good is his doing so hopefully when the economy shits itself next summer he losses those people.
don't forget racists who don't like that he's showing his power level or whatever

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
I think the biggest beneficiary of Harris' demonstration that Biden was weaker than everyone assumed was Warren, tbh.

Kyra

The Eggplant Queen
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Exactly.

Hell, the one time he went again Warren, polling showed him winning that!

Biden is suffering from self-wounds. But only one candidate has truly clocked him.
One could argue that his self destruction was a cue to not attack him outright. And it goes both ways. Kamala was blindsided by Tulsi and never really recovered. Every time shes confronted with that issue she flounders. She needs to be prepared if she is going to run again.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
I think the biggest beneficiary of Harris' demonstration that Biden was weaker than everyone as
Q
I feel like any of the also-rans like Gabbard could and would have gone after Biden for a cheap pop, but Harris was the one who actually did it. So hooray for her. Thank you for your service
No.

Harris' attack worked as well as it did because she had personal experience to tie it to.

Otherwise, Gabbard has no foundation.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I have absolutely nothing against Harris. In fact, she was (and probably still is?) my 2nd choice. I like her. The issue is...I do not understand why she wants to be President. I get why Warren wants to. I get why Bernie wants to. I get why Pete wants to. I kinda get why Biden wants to. I do not know what Harris stands for in this race. Yes, she was good at landing body shots on Biden, but she, for whatever reason, stepped back after doing that. Instead of putting her foot on the gas and going to 100 she eased off. I think that was a mistake.

I think the heart of the matter is, I don't know what she stands for, specifically. Even if I don't agree with Bernie or Biden, I know what and where they stand. With Harris, it feels incredibly calculated at all times. She's had 5 or 6 moments where she's taken a stance on an issue, then had to walk it back almost immediately afterwards. (Usually she walks it back for the better, but after the 2nd or 3rd time asking for benefit of the doubt...I gotta question some things.)

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Call me naive but I am pretty surprised the WH counsel signed his name to that screed. It's been a year or so since I read Woodward and Bernstein's Final Days, but my recollection was the WH counsel there wasn't that bold. Plus, given the leaks about McGahn during the early years, I'm not even convinced he'd be on board about this.

Gonna have to google Cipallone (sic) just to see if he really is this much of a nutter.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
O'Rourke is trying to make himself the gun control candidate. Which is both too late and also like there's not a huge amount of air between him and others.

He never had a clear message to his candidacy.

Most of the flops are because there isn't a clear brand or message.

"I'm a prosecutor" who cares why do you keep repeating this. Why are you running for President?

Status
Not open for further replies.