• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
there are definitely some good people in the military, but the military is still mostly bad. I think that's pretty straightforward.
i forgot how weird US citizens get when talking about the troops, maybe Im too removed from the internal sociocultural structures to understand it though.

although I'll backtrack somewhat and admit that most of my opinions come from my "armies are all bad" belief so you can dismiss it if you must

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i forgot how weird US citizens get when talking about the troops, maybe Im too removed from the internal sociocultural structures to understand it though.
People get into this weird mental space where they immediately assume you're calling like their grandpa an asshole or whatever when you point out how the US military isn't a global force for good

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
User banned (5 days): inflammatory generalizations
This sentence:

carries no such qualifiers. No-one here is going to say police and military are wholly good, but you've only yourself to blame for phrasing this argument in black-and-white terms.
As a whole the organizations are racist and exist only to terrorize POC. A good apple or two here or there makes no difference to my larger point.

The stormtroopers who built the death star are bad too. It doesn't matter if some of them only joined Vader to pay for college.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I think some of y'all don't understand the numbers behind the military.

MOST are just bullshiting at some base in who the fuckknows where, just waiting for their contract to be up to bathe in them benefits.

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019

Tankette

Oct 30, 2017
As a whole the organizations are racist and exist only to terrorize POC. A good apple or two here or there makes no difference to my larger point.

The stormtroopers who built the death star are bad too. It doesn't matter if some of them only joined Vader to pay for college.
...OK, then.

Because I work for the Navy, I must be evil.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think some of y'all don't understand the numbers behind the military.

MOST are just bullshiting at some base in who the fuckknows where, just waiting for their contract to be up to bathe in them benefits.
Pretty much. So many people are in the military like engineers, doctors, field medics, interpreters, technicians etc. Hell I personally have served as a physician at a US army base. I don't have to agree with the politics of the military to serve the country. I imagine a lot of people are this way.

Seems like an unfair criticism to bestow upon Buttiegeg. You can however levy that criticism on Tulsi Gabbard who has some very questionable foreign affair ideas.

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Pretty much. So many people are in the military like engineers, doctors, field medics, interpreters, technicians etc. Hell I personally have served as a physician at a US army base. I don't have to agree with the politics of the military to serve the country. I imagine a lot of people are this way.

Seems like an unfair criticism to bestow upon Buttiegeg. You can however levy that criticism on Tulsi Gabbard who has some very questionable foreign affair ideas.
Every single elected person in Washington has some very questionable foreign affair ideas, to be fair.

This one isn't even that good at it.

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Criticizing (harshly even) American foreign policy and criminal justice, even calling out specific people or departments, is pretty easy without slandering huge, anonymous groups of people who often have little to no say in policy decisions. Some y'all should try it sometime :P

Good Hunter

Alt account
Banned
Sep 26, 2019
Criticizing (harshly even) American foreign policy and criminal justice, even calling out specific people or departments, is pretty easy without slandering huge, anonymous groups of people who often have little to no say in policy decisions. Some y'all should try it sometime :P
Damn I should go back in time and tell Ice Cube before he records Fuck Tha Police. :(

Tankette

Oct 30, 2017
Some of yall just need to stop biting. It ain't worth it.

Work for the gun companies instead. That's where the god people are in some people's minds.
Pl-ease.

One of the our lab managers in the building (he's the greatest) has a impeccable sense of fashion and hygiene and goes "YASSSS" whenever he has the chance. He will forever be my role model (although I'll never reach his image sadly)

Gun companies just digs up the people that's at the opposite side of the spectrum of fabulous.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
If the mission of the U.S. military is to kill Muslims then they must have been pretty bored for their first 220 years.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

although I'll backtrack somewhat and admit that most of my opinions come from my "armies are all bad" belief so you can dismiss it if you must

bhLqTp8.png

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017

No, you're right. 9/11 irrevocably fucked up this country

Also the "most people in the military are just fucking off doing nothing while collecting benefits" defense does make one wonder why we spend so much money on it then. Sound like a bunch of welfare queens, tbh (I have close personal friends who were military welfare queens, don't @ me)

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019

Also the "most people in the military are just fucking off doing nothing while collecting benefits" defense does make one wonder why we spend so much money on it then. Sound like a bunch of welfare queens, tbh (I have close personal friends who were military welfare queens, don't @ me)
That's more true than "they're all racist bigots"

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Little shot of hopium for the upcoming Kentucky governor race

Holy moly. That's one helluva statement from a Republican.

I asked a top @KYGOP elected official if @MattBevin's press conference today is a bad sign. Is he losing, I asked. "He was never in it." O-u-c-h. #KYGov

Not even the GOP thinks he can win this, I bet $50 it's James Comer speaking since he's still pissed off about 2015

Mick about to get all the positions in the WH

Get this fucker away from leadership. He's a moron.

I checked that article, it's pretty much shitty hitpiece oppo research article coordinated with the NRSC, there's several inconsistencies in the article and no reputable outlets confirming this, I'd stay away from NRO, they're shit anyways.

If I'm the second whistleblower, I'd file that complaint now with the "more direct information".

Blader

Oct 27, 2017

So that defense contractors can skim billions off of it.

The Pentagon literally cannot be audited. We pour billions and billions into that budget with no idea where it's going.

OP
OP
TheHunter

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I will never be on board with anarchist fantasy of getting rid of our military and law enforcement.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
"Military is a bunch of racists" is just such a juvenile bullshit comment. Like, something just tells me that you're just barely out of high school, have lived in middle clss white privileged your whole life and only became woke the second you started listening to podcasts and laughed at the right things on the internet.
For SOMANY low income to middle income Americans, the military is just a way out.
They don't join becuase "they want to kill musleeems" the people that would join for that rarely ever have the balls to even meet a recruiter, ok.
Leave your fucking room for once and experience the real world for yourself.
Look at what's happening today. Donald Trump might actually be impeached because a public servant (which the military is too) saw some fuck shit and decided to speak out.

this is isn't about blindly "respecting theTroops" but it's about how you cant blindly disrespect the troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.