• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

While #ncga Republicans debate Medicaid expansion, rural Republicans plead for help.

"We don't have the luxury of doing things based on some national political party's stance," Graham County commissioners tell @SenatorBerger.#ncpol https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article235677772.html

Leader of tiny NC mountain county that voted 79% for Trump backs Medicaid expansion: "Did you know that we have several hundred working adults with no means to have health care?" https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/article235677772.html …

Gee I wonder why

Last edited:

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
It's as though the higher-ups at the NYT saw all the praise they were getting for the great reporting over the past week and thought "how can we change that?" So they put out a fucking ridiculously disingenuous, bullshit non-story knowing the crazies on the right would go ballistic.

And like all provably false stories/narratives the right talk about, the truth doesn't matter because they'll hammer the talking points so much that millions of gullible people will believe them.

It's almost as if NYT wants to appease... Both sides.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Pence aides trying to throw Trump under the bus and protect Pence.

President Trump repeatedly involved Vice President Pence in efforts to exert pressure on the leader of Ukraine at a time when the president was using other channels to solicit information that he hoped would be damaging to a Democratic rival, current and former U.S. officials said.

Trump instructed Pence not to attend the inauguration of Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in May — an event White House officials had pushed to put on the vice president's calendar — at a time when Ukraine's new leader was seeking recognition and support from Washington, the officials said.

Months later, the president used Pence to tell Zelensky that U.S. aid was still being withheld while demanding more aggressive action on corruption, officials said. At that time — following Trump's July 25 phone call with Zelenksy — the Ukrainians probably understood action on corruption to include the investigation of former vice president Joe Biden and his son Hunter Biden.

Officials close to Pence insist that he was unaware of Trump's efforts to press Zelensky for damaging information about Biden and his son, who had served on the board of an obscure Ukrainian gas company, when his father was overseeing U.S. policy on Ukraine.

Pence's activities occurred amid several indications of the president's hidden agenda. Among them were the abrupt removal of the U.S. ambassador to Kiev; the visible efforts by the president's lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, to insert himself in the U.S.-Ukraine relationship; as well as alarms being raised inside the White House even before the emergence of an extraordinary whistleblower complaint about Trump's conduct.

Perhaps most significantly, one of Pence's top advisers was on the July 25 call and the vice president should have had access to the transcript within hours, officials said.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
So is this state IG thing a nothingburger or was he trying to fuck with the inquiry?

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Perdue bombarding my good Midsommer Murder streaming with commericals?

Oct 25, 2017
So is this state IG thing a nothingburger or was he trying to fuck with the inquiry?
It looks minor key legit. Opposition research against the sitting ambassador they wanted to replace, coupled with threats from Executive and State Dept, to implement a new Russia favorable policy in Ukraine. It's older than the phone call, and seems relevant.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

Cunningham's a good recruit.

I'd like to see someone better step up in Georgia's special election, but other than that Senate recruitment seems fine (with the sole exception remaining Montana, where anyone but Bullock is in for a Likely R race at best - that being said, Wilmot Collins should at least perform respectably). Kelly (AZ), Hickenlooper (CO), Gideon (ME), Cunningham, Ossoff (GA), Hegar (TX), Greenfield (IA), Grissom (KS) and McGrath (KY) all seem like they'll do about as well as Generic D, with Kelly and Hickenlooper in particular being great recruits (caveat: Hickenlooper sucks and I don't like him, I'm speaking purely in terms of on-paper electability).

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep npr just letting an R come on from Indiana and spin that nytimes story and don't issue any pushback other than a correction at the end of the segment. Also no pushback on that we are only in the inquiry phase when he's complaining about judiciary committee not bringing a full floor vote.

WarioFan63

Oct 25, 2017
IL
How long until Nickelback issues a statement telling him to not do that?

how many more bands do we need to come out against him? Maybe Bowling for Soup should just put out a preemptive denouement.

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't the Wapo Pence article just a collection of public information? We already knew Trump has having him meet with the Ukrainian President. The question is whether Pence knew the true motif or if he was just a pawn. The article doesn't really make this clear either way.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
Anybody have a link to that tweet that suggested Schiff is immune to defamation / slander while in official congressional session? wrt his paraphrasing the other day. It was a tweet in this thread maybe yesterday? (Or 10,000 years ago in trump time dialation)

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody have a link to that tweet that suggested Schiff is immune to defamation / slander while in official congressional session? wrt his paraphrasing the other day. It was a tweet in this thread maybe yesterday? (Or 10,000 years ago in trump time dialation)
Not like anyone follows or enforces that. Seems like an easy way for Republicans to stop people from saying Moscow Mitch.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Seeing clips on YouTube and getting my LIFE at Loud Ass Meghan McCain being quiet as a mouse when HILLARY was at the table.

Oh she knew better. She knew.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't the Wapo Pence article just a collection of public information? We already knew Trump has having him meet with the Ukrainian President. The question is whether Pence knew the true motif or if he was just a pawn. The article doesn't really make this clear either way.

Did we know a Pence aide was on the call before? I think that's new info?

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Meanwhile in Earth-50, Boris Epshteyn still exists

NEW Sinclair must-run targets labor unions: "Imagine you're the hardest worker on your team, the most efficient, and the most successful. But instead of being rewarded for your hard work, another employee reaps your benefits because he is part of a union."

"Here's the bottom line: Job security, pay, and healthcare are important for all workers. However, liberal-leaning, big labor unions hurt competition in the workforce and negatively impact our economy as a whole."

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so mad at the new york times.

Far as I can tell, their ineffectual attempts to "both sides" this has been an ongoing disaster in slow motion. Even this thing with Schiff really isn't gaining traction because it got buried in that bizarre press conference with the Finnish.

I'll be amazed if they don't can at least some of their Nazi's by the end of all of this.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Trump has no sense of irony in claiming that people sharing one round of golf ever makes them BFFs who'd commit crimes for one another. Then again he might actually think that based on personal experience.

Slim Action

Jul 4, 2018
Whatever fake conspiracy surrounds the eventual Dem nominee, there will be a "development" in late October 2020 which the NYT will blare across the front page.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
So. Is it still funny and okay for people to write about how Biden is 10,000 years old and "sundowning" now that Birdie has had an age and health issue...

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Whatever fake conspiracy surrounds the eventual Dem nominee, there will be a "development" in late October 2020 which the NYT will blare across the front page.

yep. Where we are at is trump can make things up for the DOJ to look into and they'll do it.

elizabeth Warren violated campaign finance law and committed tax fraud (as an example obviously).

That's where we're at and it's frightening.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
yep. Where we are at is trump can make things up for the DOJ to look into and they'll do it.

elizabeth Warren violated campaign finance law and committed tax fraud (as an example obviously).

That's where we're at and it's frightening.
I guess the good news is Barr is already widely seen as a stooge outside of Trump's base.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
The Hillary reaction was stupid. People of all ages and health can get pneumonia and can faint in stressful situations.

A possible heart attack is kind of a big deal, especially in an elderly person. I certainly hope he recovers fully, but his age has always been a consideration and it should continue to be a consideration. Same for Biden.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
A lot of it depends on any underlying health issues. Like, my dad had pretty major blockage, had two stents put in. He was doing cardiac rehab for about a month or two. He hadn't even had a heart attack, just the blockages had damaged some of the heart muscle a bit. Even during that time, while he felt better and had no more real chest pain, he wasn't up to doing things that were strenuous or required a lot of walking/standing for months. I genuinely don't know how he can campaign effectively.

And, I swear to god, this is not me bitch crackering him.Even though he's not my choice, I don't want anything bad to happen to the guy. I think he's well meaning, even if he and I disagree on a lot. I wouldn't wish health issues on my worst enemy.

Status
Not open for further replies.