• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
No, this is a different one. This is the State IG. What they were saying on MSNBC earlier is it's very odd that the State IG would want to meet with so many different committees in the House and Senate. They'd typically work with just foreign affairs, but this is literally with all the impeachment committees.

The least crazy thing the President of the United States has said this week is that we should have a moat on our southern boarder filled with alligators and snakes.

That's the least crazy thing.

Y'all I'm so damn tired.

Yeah he breaks down resistance with the consistency of his corruption. Hopefully this is over sooner

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Interesting interesting.

what about from the dems side? We're kidding ourselves if we don't think Pelosi and gang aren't also playing politics with this, you don't get to those positions unless youknow how to play, do y'all think the goal is "quick and expedient inpeachment" or is it "theater for as long as possible to weaken the trump/gop brand"?
My gut feeling is that Pelosi is semi-bluffing on the "expedient" part, knowing Trump will try to drag things out as much as possible. He's been constantly obstructing all year in new and creative ways, and her committee chairs have had to cope with it. The long this runs on, the more horrible crap is going to come out and he'll get more negative media coverage, so ironically it'd be in Trump's best interest to just comply with everything now and hope for an eventual impeachment vote in the House and highly likely acquittal in the Senate.

I also think that Pelosi would rather impeachment not interfere with the dem primary process that much, because it would be extremely distracting.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely think Jack Probiscuit et al made this shit up to enable the silent, stupid majority to make impeachment polling unreliable.

Sure you'd support impeachment, if your President could potentially get 3 terms out if it since the Senate is held by your party...

you'd think none of them were alive for Clinton's third term.

also, this guy is as corrupt as the day is long.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

"Boogaloo" is guns rights/libertarian code word for insurrection against the government.

Also, Stoller's weird, but he's not a right winger. I think the only reason he has a bio at the Federalist Society, is because it works with the "Open Markets Institute", which is the anti-monopoly think tank he works for or something. In general, he's a weirdo Jeffersonian blinkered by class anti-monopoly guy who buys into the whole "Democrat's sold out to neoliberal middle class people because they thought working class people were yucky" idea.

See this article -https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/10/how-democrats-killed-their-populist-soul/504710/

He has some good ideas, some bad ideas (trusting Josh Hawley), some dumb ideas.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Oh so I just learned that Kamala wrote a letter to Linick a few days ago, that's cool

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So this is the guy who is the source of the documents being delivered to congress tomorrow? That...doesn't sound good.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
So this is the guy who is the source of the documents being delivered to congress tomorrow? That...doesn't sound good.

See this is what I am confused about... guy seems like a joke. Why would an Obama apointee go along with it, unless he turned out to be a total hack?
Is he being forced to? Does he even want to?

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
There's a noticeable dip in Trump's approval on 538 since impeachment. It could also just be that it was mostly shitty pollsters that were being put into its model and now after impeachment all the top pollsters decided to run polls.

But it does not give credence to the idea that impeachment would rally the country behind Trump

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I am so sure that trump is gonna be the only "bad guy" in the history books.
there will be little mention of that $380 million he gotin donations or his 40 percent approval. They will make sure he's the fall guy

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
There's a noticeable dip in Trump's approval on 538 since impeachment. It could also just be that it was mostly shitty pollsters that were being put into its model and now after impeachment all the top pollsters decided to run polls.

But it does not give credence to the idea that impeachment would rally the country behind Trump
This isn't 1998 that's for damn sure

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
While it's a safe bet that anyone Trump appoints is evil, incompetent, or both....there have been instances where people have done the job they were put in place to do. We saw it with the previous IG. So, the fact that a shitty Trump lawyer might have given documents to an Obama appointed IG isn't totally out of the realm of normal. Especially if he's incompetent. (ie he's way under qualified.)

It's also of note that the State IG is acting as he should--totally independently. So, even in real shitty times, there are still people who do the job they're supposed to do. Obviously, we need to wait and see what in the heck is being reported. (Also of note, he's going in person, not even just sending the report. That's a pretty big deal. Previous IG did it via writing.)

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting story they mentioned on one of the shows. Trump people wanted to get rid of the IGs during transition and it was chuck grassley that informed them that they weren't allowed to do that.

This whole "lawless" and "coup" stuff is incredible projection. It's in the constitution!

ive seen more than one right wing idiot post this I think some of them are try to troll "to own the libs" but most maga idiots are too dumb not to believe it.

Trump to resign then get appointed as Pence's VP and then Pence will resign and become Trumps VP again perpetually over and over again

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
I think I've asked in other thread but didn't get answer, what happens to trumps reelection money if
A: he gets impeached and removed
B: he resigns

JVID

Oct 25, 2017
Chicagoland
Remember when the Trump said he'd release the Ukraine transcript and a few people panicked that it'd vindicate him and be a perfectly good call? Remember when it was announced the whistleblowers complaint would be publicly released and a few people panicked that it'd be a bust or some ploy by "Trump the master"? Remember when the IG announced they'd be holding an urgent briefing..
lol I don't see any reason to worry at the moment. well know soon enough.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
I am so sure that trump is gonna be the only "bad guy" in the history books.
there will be little mention of that $380 million he gotin donations or his 40 percent approval. They will make sure he's the fall guy
not sure what you mean. Actual historians will continue to research and publish papers about complex investigations. Perhaps you mean the history that is taught on schools?

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
not sure what you mean. Actual historians will continue to research and publish papers about complex investigations. Perhaps you mean the history that is taught on schools?
Yea, like what the common people will read.
He will, if things go the way they're going, be THE guy responsible for trump. Everyone else thought they were getting something else.
Obviously not the truth once people look into it, but I'm sure red state textbooks will talk about how he lied to them and blah blah blah, in the end the gop decided to vote him out

PantherLotus

Oct 27, 2017
Poll: Only 4 in 10 Republicans think Trump mentioned Biden on Ukraine call even though he acknowledged doing so

This fucking country lol
It's time to bring back push polling. Let me demonstrate.

[intro]

[couple basic establishing questions]

"On last Thursday President Trump confessed to asking Ukraine for help investigating Presidential candidate Joe Biden, which is a crime and an impeachable offense.

Should Donald Trump be impeached?

On Sunday, President Trump urged his followers to take up arms against fellow citizens of the United States, which is sedition and an impeachable offense.

Should Donald Trump wear the orange or the stripes when he goes to prison?"

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Poll: Only 4 in 10 Republicans think Trump mentioned Biden on Ukraine call even though he acknowledged doing so

This fucking country lol
CNN had a segment on this tonight at some point. Trump -admitted to doing it on live TV, then repeatedly on Twitter for days-, but yes, only 4 in 10 republicans think it happened. They're that fucking conditioned into thinking he'd never do anything so brazenly corrupt. Even when he fucking admits to it. This is even more stupid than the whatever-in-10 republicans that insisted that Trump's inauguration photos revealed a larger crowd despite being shown both his vs Obama's simultaneously. Fucking cult members. Kill me if the base of a dem president is ever this stupid.
Should Donald Trump wear the orange or the stripes when he goes to prison?"
Orange! I want to see how pathetically pale he looks when his cosmetics would wear off slowly over the course of a few weeks, and have the outfit be the baseline of how ridiculous he looked going in.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Someone bring me down from my optimism.
Larry I've just been feeling like, this trump thing, it's fucking on its last legs.
he didn't clamor for civil war with the mueller stuff, all he had to say was "NO COLLUSION" and it was enough. But for this, his defense was "no squid pro roe" that didn't work, and then it's been "who's the whistleblower" and that kinda works for the spectacle of the thing and actually elevates the whoel situation by giving it that "unknown" factor that just isn't there once he's basically admitted to the crimes. But following that to its conclusion, ok, we find out who the whistleblower is. It's some ducking nobody. Ok. Then the focus goes back to the crime anyways.
what I'm trying to say is, the man is backed into a corner unlike he has beenbefore, and the Democrats case against him seems pretty bulletproof, he already admitted the crime, so he knows this, so like, isnt this endgame?
mcConnel and folkmight be playing his side for now, but what about a month from now, or possibly tomorrow, when the house votes on impeachment? The us population is already minimum 47 percent for impeachment, and that's before we've even had thewinning vote in the house.
americans Like going with the flow, and if it comes out that the house votes for impeachment 230- 205, there's a clear winning side, and people will line up with it , further pushing the possibility of impeachment.

yes post the tweet "how will old trump get out of this one"
But shit, they are literally at the calling for civil war stage of desperate.
How WILL he get out of this one?
You need 20 Republican senators to remove him for office. Go through the list the GOP senators and find me 20 who might do that.
Also, if Trump get removed from office with GOP votes he will 100% call on people to not vote for them in the next election, and if only 10% of his supporters comply (and I think he can get way more than that), the Republican party is gonna pretty much get wiped in the next election. I really don't think the GOP will go with that. They would take a "normal" election landslide over that any day of the week.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
Someone better alert Sen. Kennedy that Trump's spawn is profiting from the presidency.

The $50,000 price tag for Trump Jr., who is the executive vice president of the Trump Organization, is relatively modest in comparison to recent speakers hosted by ACCENT. Kevin O'Leary, a former panelist of the ABC show "Shark Tank," was paid $95,000 to speak at the university, while Pitbull took home $130,000 last October in a talk.
What a monumental waste of tuition money.

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll tell you one thing, if Trump loses 2020 or get's impeached, Republicans can never talk about Jimmy Carter being a one term/bad president. You shove Trump down their fucking throats until they choke on Cheetos.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Forma is the nickname she handed us (unknowingly). We didn't choose it. That and her Eeeeeeeeewarren twitter handle sounds yucky. If she's elected, maybe she can work out a deal with whoever runs @Liz to take control of it? I'm not opposed to the idea.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
I'll tell you one thing, if Trump loses 2020 or get's impeached, Republicans can never talk about Jimmy Carter being a one term/bad president. You shove Trump down their fucking throats until they choke on Cheetos.

Well, if they don't completely disavow him, they'll likely claim both his Presidency was artificially cut short by underhanded means e.g. "stolen election", and point to the falsely attributed or outright false wins they are already claiming e.g. economic/job growth, building (some of) the wall, halting North Korean nuclear arms development, halting Iranian nuclear arms development, winning tariff wars against China and Mexico, etc.

One can only hope that the media stops both-sidesing and goes all in exposing everything if Trump falls to at least give the American public some sort of factual education on his Presidency. I can see that happening as the media loves a horse race, but they might just love juicy scandals and fallen "heroes" even more.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
what's a catchy slogan for warren

you know, in the style of 'i like ike', 'feel the bern', 'yes we can', and 'stronger together'

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
CNN had a segment on this tonight at some point. Trump -admitted to doing it on live TV, then repeatedly on Twitter for days-, but yes, only 4 in 10 republicans think it happened. They're that fucking conditioned into thinking he'd never do anything so brazenly corrupt. Even when he fucking admits to it. This is even more stupid than the whatever-in-10 republicans that insisted that Trump's inauguration photos revealed a larger crowd despite being shown both his vs Obama's simultaneously. Fucking cult members. Kill me if the base of a dem president is ever this stupid.
To be fair, part of that # is probably people who would rather act ignorant than saying they know and still support him.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Forma is the nickname she handed us (unknowingly). We didn't choose it. That and her Eeeeeeeeewarren twitter handle sounds yucky. If she's elected, maybe she can work out a deal with whoever runs @Liz to take control of it? I'm not opposed to the idea.
WarrenE or bust.
I mean, Nate Dogg and Warren G. had to regulate?
That shit writes itself.

p.s.
Yeah, might gonna have to Weekend and Bernie's Nate Dogg VP pick, but I think it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.