• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Confirmed Pompeo and Gorka are still overseas. Multiple people on Twitter confirming.

This IG thing is huge.
Oh shit, I didn't realize this was a "while the boss is out of town" journey.
So, is it safe to say that Biden's numbers haven't seen any boost in the polls because of the Ukraine scandal? Or is it still too early to tell?
Too early, but I can't imagine it mattering that much (if any) among possible D primary voters. It was hatched to hurt him in the general election, which is looking less likely by the day that he'll be a part of. Or at minimum it's a whole lot less likely than it was a couple months ago.

SSF1991

Jun 19, 2018
not much polling recently, but not much noise.
Too early, but I can't imagine it mattering that much (if any) among possible D primary voters. It was hatched to hurt him in the general election, which is looking less likely by the day that he'll be a part of. Or at minimum it's a whole lot less likely than it was a couple months ago.

Gotcha.

If Trump ended up pulling this shit to smear a person that he doesn't even face in the general election, meaning that he got himself into deep shit for nothing....lol

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
One of my former coworkers posted a pic of Markey at a refugee-related event in Boston today, so he was definitely in town today and it wasn't a doppelganger. He was sitting next to my former boss at the table.

Twist: Joe Kennedy III was at the same event.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
"I'm gonna delete this tweet and say something equally wrong."

Erickson is one of those right-wingers like Gingrich who is like the enchanted prince from the Narnia book The Silver Chair. Brief moments of lucidity in a sea of crazy. His initial reaction to this mess was good before he went full crazy.

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017
Yes.

He pushed for it 5 times when Christie was governor and then as soon as Murphy got elected he called it dead in the water.

He's a fuckinf snake
I knew it! But I thought I saw a report about a year ago now where he was willing to move forward on a slower tax hike for the rich. I'll see if I can find it.

Edit: No such luck. I did see that they raised the rates from high 8% to 10% on high income earners but honestly a millionaire's tax is needed at the state level.

Last edited:

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Bernie doing better in NV than his neighboring state he did extremely well in 2016 is quite the mindfuck
My working, superficial hypothesis, he's holding better among Latinx voters than anyone else....probably because they're younger. That's my only guess. Would be a shame if someone would hit Bernie on wanting to drop nuclear waste in poor Latinx communities.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Gotcha.

If Trump ended up pulling this shit to smear a person that he doesn't even face in the general election, meaning that he got himself into deep shit for nothing....lol
That's what makes it bonus fun! It's Watergate-tier stupid. "Let's try to dig up dirt on the dude who might not be the nominee" effectively = "let's wiretap the office of a dude we're going to effortlessly defeat in a few months."
Would be a shame if someone would hit Bernie on wanting to drop nuclear waste in poor Latinx communities.
Ahaha, I forgot about that. See, he's never been an actual actual threat to anyone so he still has a career of junk to be displayed.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
State Department defying Pompeo? Popehat expecting a new Saturday Night Massacre? That cryptic email? Looks like some major shit is going down tomorrow.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Bernie doing better in NV than his neighboring state he did extremely well in 2016 is quite the mindfuck

Caucus state, and I think Adam has a good idea on the Dem electorate in Nevada being younger.

I say IA and NH for Warren, SC for Biden but by less than he needs, and Nevada for Sanders in a bitterly-contested squeaker (the inverse of 2016). Then Super Tuesday comes and Sanders loses everything but Vermont.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
As if it was not clear before, he is a monster.

Cruelty aspect aside, I'd love to see the "cost estimates" for sourcing, relocating, housing, feeding, and otherwise maintaining over 1000 miles worth of snakes or alligators at a sufficient density to be an actual deterrent. Would have to measure in the billions annually.

How is he choosing alligators over a tried and true, cost effective minefield? Stupidity? Optics?

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Cruelty aspect aside, I'd love to see the "cost estimates" for sourcing, relocating, housing, feeding, and otherwise maintaining over 1000 miles worth of snakes or alligators at a sufficient density to be an actual deterrent. Would have to measure in the billions annually.

How is he choosing alligators over a tried and true, cost effective minefield? Stupidity? Optics?

I bet the Disney World lobby is all about moving those gators from Florida to the border.

I cannot wrap my head around how idiotic these admin meetings have to be.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
LOL Neera Tanden just shut down this republican strategist on hardball that was just spouting the talking points

1. But but quid pro quo!
2. But but pelosi started impeachment the day before the transcript came out!
3. But but joe Biden!

edit: oh, now the whistleblower used a loophole!

they have nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.