• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Only took a few hours for Buetler's take this morning to be proven right

The good news is that the Ukraine scandal is umbilically connected to many others. It revealed that Trump may have improperly classified transcripts of his calls with other corrupt world leaders to hide them from subordinates and investigators. The Russian government has even warned Trump not to release the transcripts of his calls with Vladimir Putin without permission. Trump has threatened the whistleblower who catalyzed the impeachment process, which means the Ukraine scandal now encompasses witness tampering—but once that avenue of inquiry has opened it makes no sense to close it to evidence that he tried to intimidate Michael Cohen out of testifying to the House oversight committee, and dangled pardons to Russia investigation witnesses who then withheld critical information from Special Counsel Robert Mueller. In attempting to appease Trump, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky assured him that he'd paid his dues by staying at one of Trump's hotels. Democrats can either blind themselves to that part of the call summary, or treat Trump's violations of the Constitution's emoluments clauses as their own category of abuse that folds in his theft of federal dollars and his gangster-like shake downs of other governments.

It is within Democrats' power to expose the full depths of Trump's corruption and alert all future presidents that they can not conceal such behavior or expect to get away with it. But once they conclude their inquiry, that window will close, and unless Republicans decide to oust Trump from office, Democrats will cede to him the impunity he needs to continue those abuses, and use the federal government to seek retribution from his tormentors. All the way through at least November of next year.

acheron_xl

Oct 27, 2017
MSN, WI
There isn't overlap. As far as the next election goes I really only care about winning because We're in a situation where the senate is fucked and I'm pessimistic about anything being accomplished. Biden polls the best, I'd prefer Liz if it was up to me but people suck especially in the areas we need to win to have any senate hopes.

I'm afraid you've caught a terrible case of pundit brain. I'm so sorry.

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017
Trump and Barr are on a Discredit Mueller operation:

Barr's trip to Italy?

Onif5ir.png

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I'm afraid you've caught a terrible case of pundit brain. I'm so sorry.
Probably

But I'm scared. Losing the next election basically cancels the republic. The courts will be forever lost and I don't know if we recover in our lifetimes. So I'm just super nervous and don't know what the best plan going forward is and I haven't been well convinced by anyone

Last edited:

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone want to tell him or

My favorite thing that Trump has been saying a lot lately is that there ALL of the poll data from ALL polls would be better for him by 10, 20, 30 points but for the "secret Trump supporters" who have been silenced.

I like this because I know this is the bedtime story his aides tell him and he believes it.

kcp12304

Oct 27, 2017
"Origins of the Mueller Report" = Their conspiracies about the FISA warrant.

They were asking foreign countries to find dirt that would undermine US Law Enforcement and US Intelligence.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah they are going to need to expand the article of impeachment at this point. This scandal has now finally connected back to the Mueller investigation basically ensuring all material in that is made relevant to recent events. I also think we are getting close to the Dems in the house supporting an impeachment inquiry directly in to Barr too now. It may not go anywhere but they will need it to pursue more info about what happened.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Love that Barr is off on his investigation into the oranges... oranges.... or... beginnings in the Mueller report while this all happens. I hope that piece of shit goes down hard with the ship. I'm curious when the pardons all around portion of this happens.

Vennt

Oct 27, 2017
Love that Barr is off on his investigation into the oranges... oranges.... or... beginnings in the Mueller report while this all happens. I hope that piece of shit goes down hard with the ship. I'm curious when the pardons all around portion of this happens.

I don't see President Pelosi pardoning everyone... (Just Trump) :P

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
But that would just complicate the messaging to the public on impeachment!
I just want to know what they dont want people to see lol. IDC if it pertains to impeachment, im just really curious how Trump acts on calls with Russia.

And it really does sound like Barr is trying his best to create some sort of anti-Muller type report, that proves the Dems were working with other foreign countries in 2016 lol. If there was something big we would have already heard about it by now and its so sad to see them trying so hard still.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
It seems to be the usual police defense of "felt legitimately threatened" taken to its logical extension.
In what way was she "threatened"? Even excusing the mistake of the parking lot floor, which seems a stretch, how long does it take after entering an apartment to realize it's not yours? I've also read the guy was on the sofa armed with a bowl of ice cream. I wonder if the guy would be on death row by now if it was him who shot her, in his apartment.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I'm off to grab dinner and create a D&D character, so I expect at least two more bombas when I'm back online tonight.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
You know, a Barr impeachment would actually be a bone the GOP could throw to try to salvage this. Make the case that Barr told Trump this would all be totally legal, totally proper. Argue he gave the President bad advice, and needs to resign/be impeached. It's low hanging fruit, and it would give you a talking point. They won't do it, of course, but it totally would be a better talking poin than SECOND HAND.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
There is zero chance they will attempt to impeach Barr before Trump. Make the news cycle about Trump, you add Barr into it and you muddy the waters. Barr will easily be removed if they get rid of Trump.

On issues like this, you don't take out the small fish first, as despicable as Barr may be.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Your posts I am viewing are repeated from the Era servers. I did not see you write them firsthand therefore they are SECOND HAND and you are all fake news.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Oh, that wasn't directed at you. :)

Honestly, she needs to keep making her case. She needs to reach out to the black community. The thing is, these types of connections aren't things that just happen overnight. The good thing is, Warren has shown an ability to listen and be open. She's also not about insulting folks who don't currently support her. I'm sure there is a large number of voters of all stripes who are open to considering her. She just has to argue and show that she's the better option. I think electability is part of that, sure. I do think she needs to be in the Carolinas a bit more. She needs more surrogates out and about. She an only be in so many places at once. I understand why she's all in on Iowa and NH, as that's a good place to start. She absolutely cannot ignore the south though. If she does, she will lose...and rightly so.

Sorry I'm late on this, but this thread is moving at light speed at this point.

The problem isn't Warren herself, she's demonstrated a natural ability to speak to black people (somewhat, I still think she needs a POC to give her speeches a once over to address specific language).

But when I see fuck ups like that Clinton College crowd, I see a neglectful campaign. A campaign that probably thought all they had to do was book the black space and reach out through regular DNC channels.

Black college students...are college students. We like a good campaign event (especially by frontrunner) as much as anyone else. Seeing a crowd like that tells me Warren's campaign did nothing, nothing, to reach out to that campus or its area. And that's just...baffling for a machine that's been otherwise be flawless. Don't pick black folks to show your lazy.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Is this a gif of Any Klobuchar's campaign?
If it was, it would be covered in the blood of her staffers. I assume.

Also, from that CNN Poll:

Based on what you have read or heard about Donald Trump's interactions with the President of Ukraine, do you believe that Trump improperly used the presidency to gain political advantage against a potential 2020 opponent, or do you think he did not use the presidency improperly?

Used Improperly 48%
Did not 39%
Don't know 10%

Also, 49% of voters think Dems want to impeach because Trump did something impeachable. Only 38% think it's because we want to remove him from office at any cost. That's REALLY good for us. The GOP got no where close to that with the Clinton impeachment.

(BTW, the largest percentage of voters who thought Clinton should be impeached was 29%. Trump's fucked beyond belief)

adam387

Nov 27, 2017

The problem isn't Warren herself, she's demonstrated a natural ability to speak to black people (somewhat, I still think she needs a POC to give her speeches a once over to address specific language).

But when I see fuck ups like that Clinton College crowd, I see a neglectful campaign. A campaign that probably thought all they had to do was book the black space and reach out through regular DNC channels.

Black college students...are college students. We like a good campaign event (especially by frontrunner) as much as anyone else. Seeing a crowd like that tells me Warren's campaign did nothing, nothing, to reach out to that campus or its area. And that's just...baffling for a machine that's been otherwise be flawless. Don't pick black folks to show your lazy.
I agree 100% with the campaign needing to be better about targeting voters of color. This was one of the issues from the 2016 cycle a lot of us kept pointing out, and it was ignored. Her campaign cannot ignore that and expect to win. I have heard very little about her machine in South Carolina. I would be very upset if she's neglected it too much. Would be totally disappointed in her and her team. She has time to fix this stuff, and running a national campaign is hard. But they have to be better.

The Namekian

Nov 5, 2017
New York City
The way Trimp is so worshipped by evangelicals, you'd think they see him as the second coming of Christ. The lying racist adulter is literally Jesus incarnate.

Well when your concept of Jesus is based on concepts of racial/cultural superiority, chauvinism, feeling safe, and love of God being synonymous with declaring your loyalty to country. Yeah sure. The fact he is a lying piece of shit who fails at all of this "but keeps trying".....
You know, a Barr impeachment would actually be a bone the GOP could throw to try to salvage this. Make the case that Barr told Trump this would all be totally legal, totally proper. Argue he gave the President bad advice, and needs to resign/be impeached. It's low hanging fruit, and it would give you a talking point. They won't do it, of course, but it totally would be a better talking poin than SECOND HAND.

That's exactly what they'll do. Barr doesn't even care since his money and connections will keep him living the life of luxury regardless.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017

Completely valid points. It was disappointing to see so few POC at that event.

For what it's worth, as a volunteer Ive had many organizing assignments for SC, GA and AL, training barnstorms, discussing with voters what is important to then and event organizing . So it seems internally they are trying from what I've seen. Definitely need to do better.

One question that may be worth discussing, is that if Biden is currently holding such high black support, would those voters bother to attend events for candidates they even like that aren't Joe Biden? In other words, would they not go to events for a second choice until their first choice is non-viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.