• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017

he's really all-in on this Papa D spygate shit

WASHINGTON — President Trump pushed the Australian prime minister during a recent telephone call to help Attorney General William P. Barr gather information for a Justice Department inquiry that Mr. Trump hopes will discredit the Mueller investigation, according to two American officials with knowledge of the call.

The White House restricted access to the call's transcript to a small group of the president's aides, one of the officials said, an unusual decision that is similar to the handling of a July call with the Ukrainian president that is at the heart of House Democrats' impeachment inquiry into Mr. Trump. Like that call, the discussion with Prime Minister Scott Morrison of Australia shows the extent to which Mr. Trump sees the attorney general as a critical partner in his goal to show that the Mueller investigation had corrupt and partisan origins, and the extent that Mr. Trump sees the Justice Department inquiry as a potential way to gain leverage over America's closest allies.
Seems almost certain Barr was in Italy for shady-ass reasons related to discrediting the Russia probe (mifsud, etc.)

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@kylegriffin1
"The White House restricted access to the call's transcript to a small group of the president's aides, one of the officials said, an unusual decision that is similar to the handling of a July call with the Ukrainian president." https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1178766673538625537
Kyle Griffin

@kylegriffin1
Breaking via NYT: Trump pushed the Australian prime minister during a recent call to help Attorney General Barr gather information for a Justice Dept. inquiry that Trump hopes will discredit the Mueller investigation, according to two American officials.https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/30/us/politics/trump-australia-barr-mueller.html
16:25 - 30 Sep 2019

Last edited:

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
I don't recall, why would the Australian PM have to do with it? Just because of the ambassador reporting Pap's comments?

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, it would be easier to list the countries Trump didn't ask to dig up dirt for him.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
When Bernie supporters in 2016 made comments about black folk needing to just wake up and stop supporting Hillary it was dumb and stupid and (borderline) offensive. When those of us who support Warren say similar things it's equally bad.

Black voters don't owe Warren (or any other candidate) shit. She's gotta earn their vote just like every other group. If she's not speaking to them, then she gotta do better. If she's not, it's a failure on her campaign's part, not the AA community.
Harris is still my candidate but all of the above is true.

Lets not push nonsense like White folks know what's up and a Black folks don't. Because it's nonsense.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
with all this oppo dropping, I'm going to have to really pick and choose my free articles carefully...

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
President Trump initiated the discussion in recent weeks with Mr. Morrison explicitly for the purpose of requesting Australia's help in the Justice Department review of the Russia investigation, according to the two people with knowledge of the discussion. Mr. Barr requested that Mr. Trump speak to Mr. Morrison, one of the people said.

This paragraph stood out to me in the article.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, wait--but how does that Australia story mesh with the very true, very good news that Barr was "upset and angry" Trump mentioned him on that Ukraine call?

/s

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Oh please let there be some recorded conversation of Trump pruning Kav for help on any potential issues he might face if nominated to the Court...

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Joe has built up enough credibility over his career that even if he says something dumb not nearly enough people believe he is malicious or a bad person. And it completely blew up in the faces of the ones that tried to insinuate he was

People care about experience and electability. Nobody is making a good case that they are either of those things so instead we're fucking around arguing about the details of legislation we'll probably never actually pass.

Warrens done well and gained momentum but a lot of people including me aren't sold yet she'll win a general election.

If Bernie's out and it's really down to Warren and Biden by the time my state gets to voting I might vote Biden but I'm not sure yet. Warrens done well but I'm not sold she'll win a general yet.
trying to think of what possible overlap there is between Bernie and Biden that excludes Warren, and I can't help but feel it boils down to septuagenarian dick.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
trying to think of what possible overlap there is between Bernie and Biden that excludes Warren, and I can't help but feel it boils down to septuagenarian dick.
There isn't overlap. As far as the next election goes I really only care about winning because We're in a situation where the senate is fucked and I'm pessimistic about anything being accomplished. Biden polls the best, I'd prefer Liz if it was up to me but people suck especially in the areas we need to win to have any senate hopes.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

southpaw@nycsouthpaw

You can really see from this new reporting just how "surprised" and "angered" Barr was about being mentioned on the Ukraine call. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/30/us/politics/trump-australia-barr-mueller.html …

6QXSx45.jpg

4:32 PM - Sep 30, 2019

spx54

Mar 21, 2019

they want to use the review of the Russian investigation as an excuse to pardon Manafort, Stone, Papa, Flynn, etc.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Barr: "Now Donald I'm going to Italy to commit more election fraud, don't do anything stupid while I'm away...like somehow let the world know our plans!"

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
What would really send me over the edge now is if if we hear of some super shady calls between Trump and Bibi.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
lol at dems planning to keep impeachment focused on Ukraine
That's what they're saying, what they're thinking is likely entirely different.

It's in the dems best interest to tamper expectations and appear impartial. As soon as it starts to look like a partisan hit job, they lose momentum. They absolutely need to look like the rational heads in this, while the other side goes into meltdown.

Status
Not open for further replies.