• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
From the upcoming book Profiles in Courage: With furrowed brow and hesitation, Jeff Flake nevertheless decided to vote NO to impeach Donald Trump. "I was highly disturbed, but I voted not guilty anyway", he said.

Has anyone asked what Ja Rule Bob Corker thinks?

1) "I didn't read the whistleblower report."
2) Runs away
3) Is "disturbed", but won't say anything else.

Possibly all of the above.

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Is he just in 24/7 Executive Time now? Seems like he has tweeted literally nonstop for the past 48 hours.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
jim-webb-debate.jpg

That's a troll face in the flesh.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
JEFF FLAKE BRAVELY WRITING AN OP ED AFTER VOTING FOR EVERYTHING TRUMP WANTED

My fellow Republicans, it is time to risk your careers in favor of your principles. Whether you believe the president deserves impeachment, you know he does not deserve reelection.
Our country will have more presidents. But principles, well, we get just one crack at those. For those who want to put America first, it is critically important at this moment in the life of our country that we all, here and now, do just that.
Trust me when I say that you can go elsewhere for a job. But you cannot go elsewhere for a soul.

9qwPtyg.jpg

Aug 1, 2018

I actually don't think they're scared or even care if I'm being honest. I think this is their game and they actually want people to look at trying to get the transcripts released, which the White House obviously doesn't want to do.

Fits right into the whole sewing discord thing.

Plutone

Oct 25, 2017
My fellow Republicans, it is time to risk your careers in favor of your principles. Whether you believe the president deserves impeachment, you know he does not deserve reelection.
Our country will have more presidents. But principles, well, we get just one crack at those. For those who want to put America first, it is critically important at this moment in the life of our country that we all, here and now, do just that.
Trust me when I say that you can go elsewhere for a job. But you cannot go elsewhere for a soul.

9qwPtyg.jpg

I enjoy that there isn't a shortage of Flake images pretending that his soul is at stake.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't think they're scared or even care if I'm being honest. I think this is their game and they actually want people to look at trying to get the transcripts released, which the White House obviously doesn't want to do.

Fits right into the whole sewing discord thing.
Maybe so, either way fuck them. If you hack our elections we are releasing your transcripts regardless of what you want the process to be. Fuck off.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Flake would absolutely 1000% vote to not convict if he were still in the Senate. No one believes his bullshit.

Oct 27, 2017
I remember Tarkus from the old forum I think. Just garden variety Republican or R leaner, but thanks for mysteriously never really commenting directly on Trump but providing advice to the Democratic party

Oct 25, 2017
People really need to push back on the "Europe doesn't give Ukraine money" schtick. They give 11 times more than the U.S.

The association treaty was even thrown into a referendum in the Netherlands because of "right" (alt-right) shenanigans. Practically nobody showed up for it, of course (thank god!), but the outcome was still 'we should', so yeah we do give shit to Ukraine.

To be fair though, having skimmed through the actual text of the treaty, it's mostly just food and medicine support and not really a war-support thing or anything like that, since that would (obviously) involve declaring war. I do believe Russia's actions require a far greater response than we have seen so far though.

Hopefully Trump's impeachment will be the vehicle for driving the hurt back to Putin and his mob.

and that is my random drive-by post for the month. Carry on.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
US PoliEra 1973 |OT20| Don't Confuse Me With Facts
This is going to be Lindsey, right?

Actually, Inhofe and Gohmert also seem like reliable choices in the House.

Also:
On election day a few months after Nixon's resignation -- in a rematch against the same opponent he'd beaten 55%-45% in the 1972 race -- Congressman Landgrebe went down in a humiliating 39%-61% loss.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I know I know, the past is the past, "if he's the nominee l'll still..." Bla bla bla...

But I needed this righteous petty to start my week.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
I'm confused as to what Biden's path to victory is. Is he just gonna come out roaring and charismatic in the last months before the primary? Is that the plan?

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I am sure the Obama administration kept maticulous records of what happened in Ukraine and is able to debunk this bullshit Fedralist/Judicial Watch nonsense about Biden.

So the GOP has no leg to stand on by harping on this.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know I know, the past is the past, "if he's the nominee l'll still..." Bla bla bla...

But I needed this righteous petty to start my week.

I think he blamed both to be fair. And it's wrong to say that Hillary bares no responsibility for her loss. Though, without the Russian interference, she would have won.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I think he blamed both to be fair. And it's wrong to say that Hillary bares no responsibility for her loss. Though, without the Russian interference, she would have won.

Did I say that?

I can Stan for Hillary without laboring to remind everyone that yes, yes, yes, yes I know she isn't blameless.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, if we end up in another post-Watergate situation, but this time the people we voted into office choose to hold the wrongdoers accountable, we could finally be looking at a real sea change in American politics.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
"I know, I tried..."

Fits right into the whole sewing discord thing
I think it's this

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused as to what Biden's path to victory is. Is he just gonna come out roaring and charismatic in the last months before the primary? Is that the plan?
He's basically running his campaign the same way he did his other failed attempts at nomination. The ONLY reason he is even a consideration is the name rec from his prior job.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
This is a way out but is there a running tally of who has qualified already for the Nov debate?

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Are reasonable Republicans the ones who are very troubled with furrowed brows while they happily support taking my rights away?
If so, girl bye.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Another retirement in Texas? At this point I'd read a book on what is happening and why.

Edit: There's 23 House republicans from Texas. 25% of them are retiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.