• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
So the new plan is:

1) Out the whistleblower
2) Accuse Schiff of high crimes and treason

Good luck with all that.

And Trump seems genuinely scared.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how Stephen Miller feels. He must be shaking in his nazi boots because if Trump is outsted or not re-elected, Miller isn't going to land in some cushy Fox News job.

He's going to likely end up like Bannon.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wait did I miss a memo? When was he indicted? HAPPY TIMES!!! :p lol
You think he actually even understands what impeachment is? He probably thinks impeachment means conviction and that right now his trial is taking place.

Right now all that is happening is that congress is formally conducting an investigation into him... which by all accounts they should be doing. Republicans and Trumps have taken the position that Trump is already being put on trial and being impeached. That's why you have Lindsay Graham saying stuff like "you can't impeach on hearsay!" which no one is even doing...

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

Every single Democrat running for president going foward is going to have to be a squeaky clean choir boy or girl or else they'll have hot takes and think pieces like this posted about them for days and days.

And the GOP attacking them, though that id a given.

To answer the headline, it's because we hadn't had a president with numerous questionable entanglements directly and indirectly in Ukraine that would completely change our perspective with hindsight.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Talks about conflict of interests, corruption and nepotism... accusations that can be FIRMLY launched on Trump himself. Just look at Ivanka and the sons. The projection is insane.

sprsk

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So the big plan is just do what they always do and gaslight. I am in awe of the master.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
Did anyone watch 60 minutes? They had McCarthy on and he was literally incoherent. He was babbling about voting to send people to war and accusing Pelley of misquoting the "transcript " (he wasn't).

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
So when do we expect the NYT to defend their position again? My guess is sometime mid week they are going to be all over twitter again defending themselves.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Federal witness protection should have happened a while ago although I don't know how effective that is going to be when the AG is in Trump's back pocket. How does chain of command work in this case? How has access to witness information?

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand

Every single Democrat running for president going foward is going to have to be a squeaky clean choir boy or girl or else they'll have hot takes and think pieces like this posted about them for days and days.

And the GOP attacking them, though that id a given.

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, the right only needs a single reason to vote for someone, and excuses everything else, while the left only needs a single reason to not vote for someone, and not crediting anything else. And the media amplifies this disparity, as seen in this article.

An article like this in the face of a telephone book worth of real and not just "perceived" conflicts of interest Trump had prior to and during his presidency is also ridiculous.

lush

Oct 26, 2017
Knoxville, TN
Obviously my fault trying to engage with Twitter but jfc Bernie fans are absolutely hysterical on the platform. They can legitimately be confused for Trumpists with their penchant for victimhood and hyperbole.

edit: I apologise for making one of these posts but lord i'm sauced at in asheville, nc

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Would you give up control of the senate if it costed Moscow Mitch his seat
Nah getting the Senate means Mitch has little power and can't do shit like block legislation from getting on to the floor.

Just look at the House, Dems flip it, GOP becomes powerless in House and has caused many resignations. It has also caused this impeachment process to move forward. Imagine if GOP was in control of the House... there would be no impeachment inquiry happening right now.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Fearing for his life because the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES AND ALL OF HIS MAGA IDIOTS essentially threatened him with possible death.

We are turning into countries with even longer lists of human right abuses.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Nah getting the Senate means Mitch has little power and can't do shit like block legislation from getting on to the floor.
I agree but i also need the catharsis of seeing Mitch's reaction to being kicked out of the senate. Taking away the senate from his hands feels like a short term victory. He will always be there, waiting to return to power.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hasn't he said he is going to retire after this term? He doesn't have many years under him left anyway.

Also what are the changes that the Senate gets flipped? Under or over 50%?

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Trump thinks this is a criminal trial which is not at all what this is about. Pretty soon he'll be saying the house is not a jury of his peers.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
You know ,circling back to the Hunter thing for a second, it's real hard for me to come up with a job that is totally acceptable for a president's kid to have that isn't going to always have a tinge of using the VP/President's office to get ahead. We saw people try to do that with Chelsea and the Clinton Foundation.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Y'all.

I went to the Notre Dame game yesterday. I broke bread with some Trump supporters. I completely enjoyed my experience. No dog whistling comments. No hatred. We chatted politics in a "civil" manner. Then went on to tailgating. Warren was actually liked which was surprising to me, at least way more than Biden or Bernie.

One of the dad's hates Mike Pence which I found entertaining, given we were in Indiana. Says Trump at least spices things up.

So clearly, Pence isn't going to be running for President if his own citizens dislike him lol.

EDIT: Beto's campaign just texted me saying they won't make $750K for Q3. Fuck y'all. Gave him a $50.

Oct 26, 2017
You know ,circling back to the Hunter thing for a second, it's real hard for me to come up with a job that is totally acceptable for a president's kid to have that isn't going to always have a tinge of using the VP/President's office to get ahead. We saw people try to do that with Chelsea and the Clinton Foundation.
The child could work at Wendy's

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all.

I went to the Notre Dame game yesterday. I broke bread with some Trump supporters. I completely enjoyed my experience. No dog whistling comments. No hatred. We chatted politics in a "civil" manner. Then went on to tailgating. Warren was actually liked which was surprising to me, at least way more than Biden or Bernie.

One of the dad's hates Mike Pence which I found entertaining, given we were in Indiana. Says Trump at least spices things up.

So clearly, Pence isn't going to be running for President if his own citizens dislike him lol.
What's their opinion on impeachment?

I can just tell you my experience. My next door neighbor is a Trumper. Every day since I moved into my new house he has had Fox news blaring in his swimming pool area loud enough for me to hear as I enter into my home. Since the impeachment announcement broken I have not heard Fox news being on since then. The impact is palpable.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Y'all.

...Okay. You're privileged enough to be able to chat about politics with them in a "civil" manner. Thank you for telling us you're not a kid in a cage or a woman who wants an abortion. If you're a person of color (I've no idea), thank you for telling us that you're big enough to chat with people who view you negatively, think PoC complain about racism too much, and would get hostile if you tried to talk about white privilege no matter how outwardly nice they appear.

Doof

Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky
Y'all.

EDIT: Beto's campaign just texted me saying they won't make $750K for Q3. Fuck y'all. Gave him a $50.

did they kiss your forehead afterwards or what

they're still subhuman trash no matter how nice they are lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.