• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
So it seems like support for impeachment is going to converge with his approval rating pretty quick. Even just that isn't enough to get a conviction in the senate, it will be enough for a 2020 disaster for reps

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
To make a very long story short, I had a change in my religious outlook that undermined the foundations of my social conservatism, which in turn caused me to question what else I was wrong about. Social conservatism ties into economic conservatism (I realized that there's no way to help the poor like Jesus wanted without redistribution). It was fairly quickly apparent to me that one of the major underlying problems of the US was capitalism, which fueled its imperialism, and that the Democrats merely wanted capitalism and imperialism with a human face.

The economic crash sped me along and the Obama administration left me feeling pretty comfortable in my assessment.

Interesting, thanks
Add in the not so surprised and you're at ~83%!

It's kind of insane how almost everyone accepts he's craven af and... some people don't care at alll

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
This is what my inadequate baby brain was reaching for, thank you. This is what tipped the scales, imo, in 2016. 30 years of laying the groundwork with a narrative of corruption, and the Republicans stumbling over the server.

This is a good initial model

Funny enough, my political science undergrad culminated in 2008 with a seminar analyzing the last century of Russian politics. My term paper proposed Russia as the crux of modern foreign policy owing to its oddly large outreach into all corners of the globe - the US and Europe but also the Middle East and China - as well as Putin's continued influence and its social issues.

I have a steady streak of regret not following that up as grad work given how things went.

Now that model of scandal is making me wonder if there isn't a good way to expand on it in a larger work.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
tl;dr the quarter closing is usually good for ramping up fundraising, but not this week because of imprachment. If you're one of the nobodys outside of the top 5 or Senatorial caucus, it means no one will give even more of a shit about you, and your $ dries up.

giphy.gif

Also waving to herself.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if these count as two separate polls. But Steyer and Yang will probably qualify for debate 5.

Maybe Booker.

Also comparison:
2008 Primary:
Winthrop/ETV Poll
October 7–28, 2007

Clinton 33.0%
Obama 22.7%
Edwards 9.6%
Biden 2.4%
Richardson 0.4%
Dodd 0.4%
Kucinich 0.0%
Gravel 0.0%
undecided 29.6%

2016 Primary
CNN/ORC
October 3–10, 2015

Hillary Clinton 49%
Joe Biden 24%
Bernie Sanders 18%
Martin O'Malley 3%
Someone else 1%
None/No one 1%
No opinion 4%

Biden's 21 pt lead is better than Hillary 08, but worse than Hillary 16 .. against Biden.

Last edited:

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Yamiche Alcindor @Yamiche

.@SteveScalise tells @chucktodd: President Trump is asking for a "favor" in looking into Russia's interference in the 2016 campaign. He wasn't talking about Joe Biden or Hunter Biden when he referred to a "favor."

9:17 AM - Sep 29, 2019

Chris Hayes @chrislhayes

Just to be clear here: the President's insane request to look into "Crowdstrike" wasn't about *Russian* interference, but rather a bonkers conspiracy theory that Russia, was framed by Ukrainian interests. https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1178297832798871554 …

9:27 AM - Sep 29, 2019

Rick Klein @rickklein

Tom Bossert said the Crowdstrike/DNC/Ukraine story is "completely false" and has "no validity." Says he and others told Trump that, but that Rudy continues to push it. #ThisWeek

9:07 AM - Sep 29, 2019
Reminder that Bossert was fired when Bolton became NSA.

Last edited:

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

.@SteveScalise tells @chucktodd: President Trump is asking for a "favor" in looking into Russia's interference in the 2016 campaign. He wasn't talking about Joe Biden or Hunter Biden when he referred to a "favor."

Chris Hayes @chrislhayes

Just to be clear here: the President's insane request to look into "Crowdstrike" wasn't about *Russian* interference, but rather a bonkers conspiracy theory that Russia, was framed by Ukrainian interests. https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1178297832798871554 …

So Scalise just admitted it was a favor. lmao

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I can't keep up with everything

We need threadmarked Rab synopsis from DQ11 telling us what the story is so far every day lol

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami

Chris Hayes @chrislhayes

Rick Klein @rickklein

Tom Bossert said the Crowdstrike/DNC/Ukraine story is "completely false" and has "no validity." Says he and others told Trump that, but that Rudy continues to push it. #ThisWeek

9:07 AM - Sep 29, 2019
Reminder that Bossert was fired when Bolton became NSA.

I kind of love the fact that all these formerly respected Republicans are willing to burn their reputations to protect this man. Scalise has always been a slimey racist PoS but like Giuliani he was able to channel a tragedy into goodwill.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao @ that not surprised at all number

~51% of the country knows he's a corrupt cunt

That 17% must be his absolute rock bottom, the cultiest of the cult who would gladly shoot themselves in the face if he told them to.
"He's the last hope for white people."
BANG

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
How long until the DNC gives people the top 3 candidate debate we all want?
Well, the November debates will still have Biden, Warren, Sanders, Buttigieg and Harris.

Yang and Steyer need one more poll.

Booker needs two more polls, but hasn't announced enough donors yet.

Klobuchar and O'Rourke need three more polls.

So I imagine that will still be an 8 or 9 person affair.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Booker is meant to quit if he doesn't raise $1.7 million or something anyway.

Also... lol
Joe Biden, courting donors at a fundraiser in California on Thursday, began his remarks by reading directly from a whistleblower's complaint that President Donald Trump sought foreign interference in the 2020 election.
I don't know if he should really be reminding people that underlying Trump's impeachment is his son cashing in on the Biden name and political position.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

Rudy Giuliani gives several answers to @GStephanopoulos on whether he'll cooperate with House Intel:

"That is a question that has a lot, a lot of implications to it."

"I wouldn't cooperate with Adam Schiff."

"I'll consider it."

Rudy can't seem to say yes or no

NEW: Former Homeland Security adviser Tom Bossert on impeachment inquiry against Pres. Trump: "It is a bad day and a bad week for the president and for this country if he is asking for political dirt on an opponent." https://abcn.ws/2ojcGb3

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017

Mr. Biden's campaign has pushed supporters to stand with him — financially.

"Disgusting," read one email subject line. "About Ukraine," said another.
"BREAKING: Trump memo bombshell," read an email from the campaign of Senator Kamala Harris of California. Inside, the campaign urged supporters to "rush a contribution to Kamala's presidential campaign to elect a president who will fight for truth, justice and the rule of law — and defeat the lawless one we have now."
Lol, who is opening an email with the subject line "Disgusting"

dragonchild

Oct 26, 2017
Less than a week in and they've already managed to dilute the narrative even among liberals I see.

It wasn't quid pro quo, it was extortion. He illegally withheld aid allocated by Congress for Ukraine's defense against an invasion. He asked for a "favor" in the same way the Mafia does, with a fucking gun to the head.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Dude on state media asked a question Donald didn't like:

Jennifer Jacobs @JenniferJJacobs

Trump departs White House wearing his golf attire — white polo shirt, khakis, and red hat — midway through the Sunday morning politics shows.

Stephen Miller was on Fox; Rudy Giuliani, Adam Schiff, Tom Bossert on ABC. Giuliani and Lindsey Graham coming up on CBS.

Trump, while in motorcade to golf course, does more than 18 tweets or retweets criticizing Fox News' Ed Henry.

10:21 AM - Sep 29, 2019

Mediaite @Mediaite

Mark Levin Growls At Fox Host Asking if He's 'Okay' With Trump's Ukraine Conduct: 'Your Question is Not Honest' http://mediaite.com/a/fnbam

9:25 AM - Sep 29, 2019

southpaw@nycsouthpaw

Is @realDonaldTrump, the President of the United States, name searching Ed Henry and retweeting whatever negative stuff he finds?

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie is doing great with Latinx and okay with black voters. but he's not going to win w/out reaching out to white voters.

RiPPn

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Dude on state media asked a question Donald didn't like:

Jennifer Jacobs @JenniferJJacobs

Trump departs White House wearing his golf attire — white polo shirt, khakis, and red hat — midway through the Sunday morning politics shows.

Stephen Miller was on Fox; Rudy Giuliani, Adam Schiff, Tom Bossert on ABC. Giuliani and Lindsey Graham coming up on CBS.

Trump, while in motorcade to golf course, does more than 18 tweets or retweets criticizing Fox News' Ed Henry.

Mediaite @Mediaite

Mark Levin Growls At Fox Host Asking if He's 'Okay' With Trump's Ukraine Conduct: 'Your Question is Not Honest' http://mediaite.com/a/fnbam

9:25 AM - Sep 29, 2019

southpaw@nycsouthpaw

Is @realDonaldTrump, the President of the United States, name searching Ed Henry and retweeting whatever negative stuff he finds?

Mark Levin is such a hack, he was screaming at Ed Henry who asked a simple question, Levin yelling asking why the media aren't looking into anything and everything except Trump. Henry was good here and kept persistently asking though and that has to be what Trump is upset about.

Also:

It's going to be interesting to see how much those polls change once Kurt Volker testifies and if his testimony confirms the aid was held up for leverage. It is a shame that we have to wait for Thursday in order for that to happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.