• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Whoever held onto that Oval Office comment must've been waiting for the right moment I swear because I feel like it would've been lost in the Mueller Report black hole otherwise. Wooooooow

No.. That comment had it been tossed out during the Muller probe would have quiet possibly triggered impeachment hearings. But I think everything would have been focused on that single comment instead of the wealth of damaging information contained in the report. Tossing it out now, just add kerosene to an already burning fire, and simply adds more weight from both a keeping questionable conversations with other leaders secret and brings the Russia issue back full circle and wraps it around what is already happening now.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I only landed on good things.

Like MATTHEW, MARK, LUKE, AND JOHN>

8eFfPeP.gif

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So the federalist is reporting that the whistleblower rules were changed in August to allow second hand sources. My first reaction was, the information was credible, so what. But I would be interested in a more respectable outlet to confirm or debunk.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
To be honest this is the reaction from entire country I expected after Mueller released his findings.

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
So the federalist is reporting that the whistleblower rules were changed in August to allow second hand sources. My first reaction was, the information was credible, so what. But I would be interested in a more respectable outlet to confirm or debunk.

If the rules were changed it was Trump who had some hand in changing them. Trump or Barr or Sekulow, so Trump by proxy.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is legit a big underlying problem- people don't treat it as "news" unless it comes out in this context and verifies everything that was blatantly obvious.

Once again the impact of ~secret news~ (Trump told the Russians he wasn't upset about election interference) versus the obvious, highly public reality that he wasn't about election interference seems like a problem to me.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
If the rules were changed it was Trump who had some hand in changing them. Trump or Barr or Sekulow, so Trump by proxy.

Actually, this guy knocks it down. The firsthand requirement is only for an immediate transfer to the DNI. But I expect trump will be talking about this soon.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
it's complete bullshit (from The Federalist? Shocking, I know)

in that thread (which I was about to link) he says he corrected Mollie Hemingway last night but they ran with the bogus narrative today anyway.
And someone shared an old whistleblower form which clearly shows you could report direct *or* indirect knowledge of malfeasance. It's not a new change.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
His tiny brain probably can't process what scandal to tweet about.

Or after yesterday's leaked video of his threat to the whistle blower, which is also now another crime, he's probably finally been sat down and told he can't fucking do that anymore. Shits probably gotten to real for people around him to just continue to be yes men.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
This is legit a big underlying problem- people don't treat it as "news" unless it comes out in this context and verifies everything that was blatantly obvious.

It's one thing to say it on the news to the American people when it could be a lot of things. It's another to say it behind closed doors with your enemies when no one is listening.

Also, 'it wasn't Russia' , or 'we do it too' , isn't the same as telling Russia directly 'we don't care if you did it.'

And the White House burying it shows a clear understanding of that.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
What if I told you he watches Fox News on stolen cable

fake edit: damnit I forgot posting doesn't subscribe I wasn't getting notifications on this thread
You can't just STEAL cable. : hides the 9000 emails I use to cycle PS Vue because I refuse to pay for something we never watch :
How studious.

We all know your library card's been punched more times than a prizefighter.
Not just my library card.
You're married with a million kids. You probably don't get to read anymore anyway.
I was going to make a joke about short form fiction, but my husband wasn't thrilled with it.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Or after yesterday's leaked video of his threat to the whistle blower, which is also now another crime, he's probably finally been sat down and told he can't fucking do that anymore. Shits probably gotten to real for people around him to just continue to be yes men.
I'd be shocked if anyone could contain him lol. Yeah his entire administration must be quaking in fear.

Gotchaye

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, it's really easy to imagine that if Trump had just done his Ukraine extortion out in the open it wouldn't have gotten any traction.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Yeah, it's really easy to imagine that if Trump had just done his Ukraine extortion out in the open it wouldn't have gotten any traction.
Uhh, no.

I mean, obviously the cover up is additional crimes so without it, things wouldn't be worse... But of course it would have gained traction had Trump gone on TV and told Ukraine they had to investigate Biden, days after he froze their already approved aid.

His 'Russia if you are listening' comments got plenty of traction.

IggyChooChoo

Oct 25, 2017
Looking from the outside, US far right conservatives seem to only need a single reason to vote for somebody. As long as they support their "thing" or couple of things e.g. taxes, abortion, guns, etc, everything else doesn't matter. People from the other side are just assumed to be worse overall because they don't support their thing. Bonus: people don't like admitting they were wrong.

Meanwhile, US far left liberals seem to need only a single reason NOT to vote for somebody. A candidates entire platform and voting history doesn't matter because they did that Wall Street talk that time.
It's easier to march in unison when you're basically a white nationalist party with a thin veneer of tax cuts/deregulation. The Democratic Party is a relatively much more fragile and fractious coalition, for good and for worse. But the point is that it's a common mistake to see the left and right as mirror images, when they're quite different from each other.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
OMG where does the trump campaign get an endless stream of annoying young blonde "Constitutional scholars." Holy crap this woman on cnn.

Status
Not open for further replies.