• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
I think all Pelosi has to do right now is say "impeachment." Not like the vote has to be tomorrow or anything, just confirm that leadership is moving towards it.

This is enough for me, I think. Just tired of being gaslit in the name of protecting the most spineless members of the caucus.

Totally fine with slow walking so long as it's clear there's movement forward.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois

pittengerforsenate.com, could Robert Pittenger be running to primary Tillis or wait until 2022?

Also lol Tarkanian back for yet another failed run

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I think all Pelosi has to do right now is say "impeachment." Not like the vote has to be tomorrow or anything, just confirm that leadership is moving towards it.
Citizen Pelosi, the long awaited sequel to Citizen Kane.

"...Impeachment."

~credits roll~

SpitztheGreat

May 16, 2019
I'm deeply exhausted. Like, this whole shit with Ukraine has just pushed me right to the edge. I'm going to write all of my reps in Congress, but something inside of me has definitely burnt out. It's like, seeing this story develop has actually hurt me. Does anyone else feel a similar way?

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
This whole incident will have to be covered in a SUPER rushed mid-season finale of the TV series of this presidency. You know, the kind usually reserved for like if the protagonist's actor dies and everyone needs a year to retool. There was enough shit going on and this is from freaking nowhere the past week.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just confirm leadership is moving towards it is the same god damn shit. She needs to say she fully supports a formal inquiry. Not, "the word impeachment" and that "leadership is moving towards it." That sounds like some fucking bullshit because it is. I'm good. Don't fucking ask me "are you ok dude." Seriously.

I don't have to agree with your crappy preemptive attempt at defending pelosi and that doesn't require an "are you ok." Shit some of you are fucking unbelievably pompous in this joint.

Yikes

Oct 26, 2017
You could absolutely convince me that Bolton's the whistleblower at this point. He might be a horrible warmonger but he has some ethical scruples, as those from the neocon era generally still did. Just not Cheney.

An argument for Bolton being the whistleblower is that it would explain why the IG who is a Trump appointee took the report so seriously.

An argument against Bolton is that I'm not sure NSA falls under the intelligence agencies where this report was made. But someone is free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I'm deeply exhausted. Like, this whole shit with Ukraine has just pushed me right to the edge. I'm going to write all of my reps in Congress, but something inside of me has definitely burnt out. It's like, seeing this story develop has actually hurt me. Does anyone else feel a similar way?
I try not to get upset by how awful Democrats are. He brought A BUCKET OF CHICKEN to show Barr is a chicken. And a chicken statue.

Serious people doing serious things when they are needed.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
Bush wasn't as bad as Trump though, not even close. His public persona was actually quite likable. Every time Trump speaks on the other hand, we are reminded constantly of his willful ignorance, cruelty, narcissism, trolling, etc., all horrible qualities for any person let alone someone in that position.

Uhhhhhhh…I know list wars are a bit shitty but....

AUMF
Patriot Act
Formation of ICE
Creating the Department of Homeland Security
Afghanistan
Iraq
Okaying torture as a US policy
Hurricane Katrina
Being in charge during the 08 financial crisis
Setting stem cell research back by a decade
Terry Shiavo
Coming close to an amendment to ban same-sex marriage
Tried to destroy Social Security
No Child Left Behind
The Clean Air Act, which was anything but
Refusing to raise taxes during a wartime economy
Taking us out of the Kyoto Protocol
Magnicifently failing at immigration policy
Fucking up relations with North Korea and Iran
Harriet Miers, but still getting Alito and Robert
Not direct, but everything cultural from Clear Channel to Karl Rove to etc.

Trump only wishes he could be Bush...my god were we fucked from 01-06.

I think 600k dead Iraqis would have something to say about that.
Bush was terrible, full stop.
And what's worse is, he fucking got away with it.

My god, Bush was akin to the US saying, "Fuck it, do all the wrong."

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Uhhhhhhh…I know list wars are a bit shitty but....

AUMF
Patriot Act
Formation of ICE
Creating the Department of Homeland Security
Afghanistan
Iraq
Okaying torture as a US policy
Hurricane Katrina
Being in charge during the 08 financial crisis
Setting stem cell research back by a decade
Terry Shiavo
Coming close to an amendment to ban same-sex marriage
Tried to destroy Social Security
No Child Left Behind
The Clean Air Act, which was anything but
Refusing to raise taxes during a wartime economy
Taking us out of the Kyoto Protocol
Magnicifently failing at immigration policy
Fucking up relations with North Korea and Iran
Harriet Miers, but still getting Alito and Robert
Not direct, but everything cultural from Clear Channel to Karl Rove to etc.

Trump only wishes he could be Bush...my god were we fucked from 01-06.

There was also

Lawyergate, the politically motivated firings of 7 U.S. attorneys by Alberto Gonzales, Karl Rove, Miers, Fred Felding, and others that was a disaster
The Plame affair
Bernard Kerik's DHS nomination
The White House-RNC email server scandal
Jack Abramoff
Phillip Cooney's tampering of scientific reports when he was WH CEQ chair
Coalition Authority's missing $12 billion scandal
Lester Crawford as FDA commissioner and resigning after 2 months and pled guilty to conflict of interest
John Bolton as UN ambassador via recess appointment
Education department and HHS paying taxpayer dollars to conservative commentators like Armstrong Williams and Maggie Gallagher to promote Bush policies
Janet Rehnquist (William's daughter) as HHS inspector general who tried to halt a congressional investigation into putting off an audit overpaying Florida $571 million by Jeb's CoS
Thomas Scully, CMS administrator, resigned after withholding information to Congress about the projected cost of the Medicare Modernization Act and threatened to fire Richard Foster if he told Congress about it before the vote

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
I'm reading his wiki now. He previously created a show in which he played the President of Ukraine!? Lol

He actually seems like an alright dude so far.

Problem is he's got a parliamentary majority...
As crazy as this shit is i still think that Iran Contra was crazier

Yeah with that you have the AG and 2 presidents destroy evidence, pardon witnesses and obstruct justice

This is almost boring by comparison!

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
There was also

Lawyergate, the politically motivated firings of 7 U.S. attorneys by Alberto Gonzales, Karl Rove, Miers, Fred Felding, and others that was a disaster
The Plame affair
Bernard Kerik's DHS nomination
The White House-RNC email server scandal
Jack Abramoff
Phillip Cooney's tampering of scientific reports when he was WH CEQ chair
Coalition Authority's missing $12 billion scandal
Lester Crawford as FDA commissioner and resigning after 2 months and pled guilty to conflict of interest
John Bolton as UN ambassador via recess appointment
Education department and HHS paying taxpayer dollars to conservative commentators like Armstrong Williams and Maggie Gallagher to promote Bush policies
Janet Rehnquist (William's daughter) as HHS inspector general who tried to halt a congressional investigation into putting off an audit overpaying Florida $571 million by Jeb's CoS
Thomas Scully, CMS administrator, resigned after withholding information to Congress about the projected cost of the Medicare Modernization Act and threatened to fire Richard Foster if he told Congress about it before the vote

Also all true.

Like, I don't want to exonerate Trump by any means; he is a horror-show/shitshow of a magnitude we cannot comprehend.

But, in comparison, Bush's admin was an eldritch horror.

The point is...no Republican, not even for a moment.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Also all true.

Like, I don't want to exonerate Trump by any means; he is a horror-show/shitshow of a magnitude we cannot comprehend.

You know what Bush didn't do? Permanently cripple our State department. Even he knew not to touch that shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Also all true.

Bush was a horrifying President. Imagine what Trump's admin would've been like with half competent legit people like Condi and Cheney.

It makes the "Miss me yet?" Bush memes 100x fucking worse.

I wonder if Trump gets rated below him by historians just by destroying the integrity of the office despite Bush enabling more carnage across the world.

patientzero

Oct 25, 2017
You know what Bush didn't do? Permanently cripple our State department. Even he knew not to touch that shit.

But, like, didn't he?

He used it, alongside Powell and Rice, to pervert American goals abroad, make us a laughing stock, and ruined any hope of a more fruitful relationship with North Korea and Iran. I once held hopes of working with the State Department. My undergrad (among others, as I ended up a quadruple major)was in International Relations. We radically misused the State Department, to the extent that it took the combined efforts of Clinton and Kerry to piece it back together, and via Ronan Farrow even questionably at best. We've been waiting on a new Albright to really rectify it.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
But, like, didn't he?

He used it, alongside Powell and Rice, to pervert American goals abroad, make us a laughing stock, and ruined any hope of a more fruitful relationship with North Korea and Iran. I once held hopes of working with the State Department. My undergrad (among others, as I ended up a quadruple major)was in International Relations. We radically misused the State Department, to the extent that it took the combined efforts of Clinton and Kerry to piece it back together, and via Ronan Farrow even questionably at best. We've been waiting on a new Albright to really rectify it.

Bush severely misused it with his corruption - but he didn't actively kill it dead like Trump did. We had a repairable State department when Bush left office, Obama didn't have to start from scratch like Trump's successor will be.

Oct 27, 2017
The World
Bush severely misused it with his corruption - but he didn't actively kill it dead like Trump did. We had a repairable State department when Bush left office, Obama didn't have to start from scratch like Trump's successor will be.

Bush and his State Department also had a pretty good AIDS fight initiative for Africa I believe.

Anyway, Bush used state department in some bad ways but did not decimate or corrupt it completely like you said.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

Pelosi, who sharpened her rhetoric over the weekend, is still not committing to moving forward with impeachment proceedings -- but she is feeling the tide turn.

In a brief interview with CNN as she flew from New York to Washington Monday, Pelosi again declined to say whether she would fully endorse initiating an impeachment inquiry when she meets with committee chairmen and members of the Democratic caucus on Tuesday. But she left little doubt the developments around the whistleblower's complaint had dramatically escalated the standoff with President Donald Trump and a move toward impeachment proceedings was all but certain.

"We will have no choice," Pelosi said of ultimately initiating an impeachment inquiry. She did not say whether the move toward impeachment could be slowed if the White House provided the whistleblower's report.

During the flight, Pelosi read a Washington Post op-ed from seven freshman Democrats who made the case for impeachment.

She said she had advance notice the lawmakers were planning to join forces to collectively argue the president's actions "represent an impeachable offense."

"It will be a big week," Pelosi said.

The reason: The substance of the complaint is not yet clear. And it's still unclear how the Trump administration will respond.

Multiple Democratic sources told CNN that if the White House completely stonewalls Democrats for the information, it will make the calculus easier for moving forward with impeachment proceedings. But if the White House provides a transcript, or seeks to muddy the waters in its response, that could make it more challenging for Democrats to unify behind impeachment, even after President Donald Trump's admission of discussing Vice President Joe Biden and his son in his phone call with the Ukrainian leader.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
One of the few good things the Bush Administration did was its AIDS initiative, but if I remember correctly a lot of that AIDS funding came with the stipulation that there was a ban on any US foreign aid going to abortions or any type of family planning.

EDIT: Beaten.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
Boris' suspension of Parliament has been struck down by the UK high courts.

How does the UK government appoint judges?

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017
<------ Me right now. Did not expect the UK SC to be so clear

It wasn't "struck down" it was eviscerated, unanimous decision (11-0)

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017

Biden refocusing on Forma from Birdie.

Also #khive is mad about the GLAAD forum being in the tank for Forma. But also 🌹 Twitter now friends with Harris!

Moderator should be called out, but I don't know if it was a racist thing versus Harris being a Cop.

People are getting pressT lately.

At the forum, the first question Warren was asked called her to account about previous non support for a Trans issue ( I can't remember it exactly). The moderator was prickly for multiple candidates. This 'everything is unfair' narrative from multiple campaigns is just getting desperate and sad.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017

What? This just makes it look like he hasn't been paying attention. The line is already that Trump did nothing wrong, he was standing up for our country, and Biden is obviously corrupt so why wouldn't we want that investigated, and why would be want to give millions to a country that is covering up his corruption.

Like, this isn't going to be a problem to half the country. They are perfectly fine with it.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

That Trump went after Romney after such a weak sauce hand-wringing statement says all you need to know about how he intends to keep the GOP in line.

That people would fold against such weak sauce trolling tells you all you need to know about GOP senators.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I guess i missed some stuff while i was asleep.

Some of the dems response to this ukraine scandal kind of reminds me of Johnny Depps Sleep Hollow character after he first see's the horsemen and freaks out because he assumed it was all a trick of some kind.

Pelosi: "Trump colluded with a foreign government to help his election chances!"

Everyone: "Yeah, we told, we all told you"

Pelosi: "No you don't understand, he colluded with a FOREIGN government! thats illegal!"

source.gif

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017

That Trump went after Romney after such a weak sauce hand-wringing statement says all you need to know about how he intends to keep the GOP in line.

That people would fold against such weak sauce trolling tells you all you need to know about GOP senators.

Conservatives have been conditioned to kowtow to authority - hence the Strong White Daddy thing.

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I guess i missed some stuff while i was asleep.

Some of the dems response to this ukraine scandal kind of reminds me of Johnny Depps Sleep Hollow character after he first see's the horsemen and freaks out because he assumed it was all a trick of some kind.

Pelosi: "Trump colluded with a foreign government to help his election chances!"

Everyone: "Yeah, we told, we all told you"

Pelosi: "No you don't understand, he colluded with a FOREIGN government! thats illegal!"

source.gif
Basically, obstruction of justice, whatever. Unduly trying to influence the election? BETTER FIX IT NOW.

That's why we're seeing a difference. This is more of a direct threat to them. Had the Mueller report shown actual collusion over the 2016 election, I don't think Pelosi and others would have lost interest.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
My sister in law just got a job with the Working Families Party. Is she gonna get doxxed on Twitter by Bernardbros?

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017

Bernie Sanders is unveiling a proposal for a new wealth tax on the richest Americans, including a steep tax on billionaires that could greatly diminish their fortunes

See, I like this? But I doubt he'd be able to find all the loopholes and workarounds rich people do. Unless he hires someone who can find them.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Also #khive is mad about the GLAAD forum being in the tank for Forma. But also 🌹 Twitter now friends with Harris!

Well this is embarassing, guess that some people dont understand why indirectly opposing trans prisoners from transitioning can make you have one or two more difficult questions.

Guess that they have to somehow justify that Bernie missed the forum (he shouldnt have).

Status
Not open for further replies.