• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
Also this is another reason why you dont make these kind of 'deals', the other party has to look after their own affairs and they will gladly throw you under the bus if they feel threatened by you in any way.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The impeachment threads on OT are getting super heated and multiple threads going on at once. Shit is going to get really nasty this week if Pelosi just makes a condemnation speech.

Oct 27, 2017
so i usually lurk in this thread but i have a thought/question i guess?:

obviously the main point here is impeachment. but part of me wonders what this does to Biden in the Dem primary? i don't mean like what do these allegations mean for Biden, because i obviously don't trust Trump and Guilliani's narrative. but the act of Trump getting impeached would have major ramifications on Biden's campaign wouldn't it? his major platform is 'electability' and his 'ability to beat Trump'. he's (allegedly) the safe choice, that's his whole thing. but like does that still hold water when Trump's impeachment tanks any chance he had at reelection? the electability argument kinda goes out the window when Trump's election chances bottom out doesn't it?

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
The impeachment threads on OT are getting super heated and multiple threads going on at once. Shit is going to get really nasty this week if Pelosi just makes a condemnation speech.
I think all Pelosi has to do right now is say "impeachment." Not like the vote has to be tomorrow or anything, just confirm that leadership is moving towards it.

It definitely will not stop people on OT though from being like "oooohhhhh another strongly worded letter" though. In fact I don't think that'll stop until the vote actually happens, and after it happens it'll be Pelosi's fault if the Senate doesn't convict. After all, she only passes bills when she knows they'll fail in the Senate or by veto, why would impeachment be any different?

I wonder how people today would react to Bush from January 2001 to November 2006. My god did it feel like there would never be an end to the misery. 2004 felt like an apocalypse came down.
04 was such a slap in the face, especially since Bush actually gained seats in his first midterm. There was zero pushback by the American electorate through his presidency for six years.

2018 was a nice affirmation of "oh thank god, I'm not crazy." It's looking like 2020 will play out similarly.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019

obviously the main point here is impeachment. but part of me wonders what this does to Biden in the Dem primary? i don't mean like what do these allegations mean for Biden, because i obviously don't trust Trump and Guilliani's narrative. but the act of Trump getting impeached would have major ramifications on Biden's campaign wouldn't it? his major platform is 'electability' and his 'ability to beat Trump'. he's (allegedly) the safe choice, that's his whole thing. but like does that still hold water when Trump's impeachment tanks any chance he had at reelection? the electability argument kinda goes out the window when Trump's election chances bottom out doesn't it?

idk, it'll be interesting to see in the next couple months

feel like it could benefit warren, as she would look vindicated as the first candidate to call for Trump's impeachment

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017

Does Jack not realize in this context, this gif makes Greta look like a badass 90s childhood icon? Conservative humor, not even once.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Hostility Over Multiple Posts; Prior Bans for Hostility
I think all Pelosi has to do right now is say "impeachment." Not like the vote has to be tomorrow or anything, just confirm that leadership is moving towards it.

It definitely will not stop people on OT though from being like "oooohhhhh another strongly worded letter" though. In fact I don't think that'll stop until the vote actually happens, and after it happens it'll be Pelosi's fault if the Senate doesn't convict. After all, she only passes bills when she knows they'll fail in the Senate or by veto, why would impeachment be any different?

Come on this is a terrible fucking post. Ah yes saying the word impeachment is enough. Wow.

Is it so fucking hard for her to say out loud and definitively confirm, yes we are moving forward with formal impeachment proceedings.

Like what the fuck.

Your stupid ass scenario you just laid out is worthy of all of the god damn criticism.

Oh but she said the word impeachment so please calm down.

Fuccckiing please. The shit is fucking embarrassing. Stockholm syndrome level garbage.

Last edited:

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Come on this is a terrible fucking post. Ah yes saying the word impeachment is enough. Wow.

Is it so fucking hard for her to say out loud and definitively confirm, yes we are moving forward with formal impeachment proceedings.

Like what the fuck.

Your stupid ass scenario you just laid out is worthy of all of the god damn criticism.
Are you ok dude?

wesker83

Dec 3, 2018
"No quid pro quo. No quid pro quo. No, you're the quid pro quo." - Donald Trump probably at some point tomorrow standing and yelling in front of Marine One because he is too dumb to know what quid pro quo actually means.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017

Honestly? I have no clue. It could be used against him, it could not.

IMO? It will be, by at least parts of the left. It further makes him and his son out to be the corporatism culture they hate. Already seen hints of that, even from people that usually don't go into that dirty pool like Naomi Klein.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
I wonder how people today would react to Bush from January 2001 to November 2006. My god did it feel like there would never be an end to the misery. 2004 felt like an apocalypse came down.
Bush wasn't as bad as Trump though, not even close. His public persona was actually quite likable. Every time Trump speaks on the other hand, we are reminded constantly of his willful ignorance, cruelty, narcissism, trolling, etc., all horrible qualities for any person let alone someone in that position.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Bush wasn't as bad as Trump though, not even close. His public persona was actually quite likable. Every time Trump speaks on the other hand, we are reminded constantly of his willful ignorance, cruelty, narcissism, trolling, etc., all horrible qualities for any person let alone someone in that position.
Bush is worse because he was sneaky enough to get away with it.

Feb 14, 2018
Imagine if Biden doesn't even win the primary (not because of the Ukraine story) and Trump self-impeached for no reason at all.

It would be even dumber than cheating in an election you were already winning by a landslide.

S t u p i d
W a t e r g a t e

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
"No quid pro quo. No quid pro quo. No, you're the quid pro quo." - Donald Trump probably at some point tomorrow standing and yelling in front of Marine One because he is too dumb to know what quid pro quo actually means.
"No quid pro quo! Don't like British money, America money best, who uses Britain money anyway, I've never even seen a quid, nobody has, and I know more about it than anyone."

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if Biden doesn't even win the primary (not because of the Ukraine story) and Trump self-impeached for no reason at all.

It would be even dumber than cheating in an election you were already winning by a landslide.

S t u p i d
W a t e r g a t e

Clearly no one is impeaching him so he might as well just fuck over the next front runner. And then when he does that and gets caught people will say, "all pelosi needs to do is say the word impeachment."

Oh and then the kicker is they'll be a fucking dick when you call them out for it.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Yeah I'm fine. I'm watching Paul McCartney. Super cool passive aggressive post.
Ok because I feel like I need to point out that in your quest to rip my asshole apart over phrasing, I addressed your concern with the sentence "just confirm that leadership is moving towards it."

Like Christ dude, did you really think I literally meant Pelosi has to get up on stage, say only the word "impeachment" and that would be the end of it? We're on the same side here, so fucking chill, man. I don't have time for this bullshit.

Clearly no one is impeaching him so he might as well just fuck over the next front runner. And then when he does that and gets caught people will say, "all pelosi needs to do is say the word impeachment."

Oh and then the kicker is they'll be a fucking dick when you call them out for it.
What is happening

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
I think 600k dead Iraqis would have something to say about that.
Bush was terrible, full stop.
And what's worse is, he fucking got away with it.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just confirm leadership is moving towards it is the same god damn shit. She needs to say she fully supports a formal inquiry. Not, "the word impeachment" and that "leadership is moving towards it." That sounds like some fucking bullshit because it is. I'm good. Don't fucking ask me "are you ok dude." Seriously.

I don't have to agree with your crappy preemptive attempt at defending pelosi and that doesn't require an "are you ok." Shit some of you are fucking unbelievably pompous in this joint.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Just confirm leadership is moving towards it is the same god damn shit. She needs to say she fully supports a formal inquiry. Not, the word impeachment and that leadership is moving towards it. That sounds like some fucking bullshit because it is. I'm good. Don't fucking ask me "are you ok dude." Seriously.
I'm not engaging in this anymore. Take five and come back. Or don't, I don't care.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
65a8190562ab147d764fad7ee302c181.gif

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
"No quid coco! No quid coco!" continuously said to reporters over the racket of a helicopter.

aspiegamer

Oct 27, 2017
ZzzzzzZzzzZzz...
Trump is going to argue that, because maybe there is something there, it'd be totally fine to make these demands. Because, you know, he's fucking stupid and doesn't understand what he's done wrong. Biden could be the most corrupt businessman in Ukraine (lol) and it wouldn't matter. He does not get that.

You could absolutely convince me that Bolton's the whistleblower at this point. He might be a horrible warmonger but he has some ethical scruples, as those from the neocon era generally still did. Just not Cheney.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Trump is going to argue that, because maybe there is something there, it'd be totally fine to make these demands. Because, you know, he's fucking stupid and doesn't understand what he's done wrong. Biden could be the most corrupt businessman in Ukraine (lol) and it wouldn't matter. He does not get that.

You could absolutely convince me that Bolton's the whistleblower at this point. He might be a horrible warmonger but he has some ethical scruples, as those from the neocon era generally still did. Just not Cheney.
Bolton being the one to seal Trump's fate would be a better twist than McCain saving the ACA.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017

Does Jack not realize in this context, this gif makes Greta look like a badass 90s childhood icon? Conservative humor, not even once.

Once again stirring shit up to distract from the " I committed treason in broad daylight" story I see.

Bet he repeatedly goes after her over the next few days and the news talks about his tweets about her more than Ukraine

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Bolton being the one to seal Trump's fate would be a better twist than McCain saving the ACA.

The Ken Burns documentary series on the Trump Administration will be entered for "Outstanding Drama Series" and "Outstanding Comedy Series" awards, because no-one would believe all the stupidity and dramatic twists were real. People will look at it as a sequel to Veep.

Status
Not open for further replies.