• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017

Not ratio'd.

—-

So the one problem developing is in the fury at Pelosi's silence regarding impeachment, we still don't actually have anything to impeach. My real concern here is that this congress Isn't going to push hard enough for the evidence to make that determination, or further, are they willing to impeach if the admin full on obstructs the investigation?

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
So the complaint against Kennedy is that he's going to coast on his name and not that he's primarying someone, correct? Waiting your turn/don't primary people I like reasons don't seem very good.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
So the complaint against Kennedy is that he's going to coast on his name and not that he's primarying someone, correct? Waiting your turn/don't primary people I like reasons don't seem very good.
While that is part of it, most of us don't want people in safe seats primaried from the right.

Like, that "weed shouldnt be legal because that would make it harder for cops to search people's cars" comment was real bad and that's not a person I'd trust to be a crucial senate vote on criminal justice reform, for example.

Last edited:

ValiantChaos

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because old white Dems- which is most people in MA- LOVE Republican Moderate Darlings.

I don't understand it. Deval Patrick is the only Democratic governor between 1990 and 2023. So Republicans will have held the Governorship for 24 of 32 years come 2023 provided Baker does not run for a third term. A very Democratic state at that.

Across the pond in a much more Republican state OH where they have only one a single 4 year term between 1990 and 2023 at 28 out of 32.

Our win loss record in MA shouldn't be as bad as OH in a much more Democratic state.

Last edited:

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
While that is part of it, most of us don't want people in safe seats primaried from the right.

I also just have a problem with his entire pitch when Markey has been more the more progressive candidate the entire time the two have been in Congress. Kennedy's pitch is that he's the kind of generational change who will stand up to Trump and the GOP in a more forceful way. But he's been in Congress since 2013 and nothing he has done in that timespan shows that to be true.

Absent

Oct 26, 2017
Look who's using Kavanaugh's treatment by the ~~~evil Left~~~ to fundraise.

Collins-email.png
Disgusting, vile, horrible person who needs to lose in a landslide or just fucking retire. I hate her so much.
"I refuse to stand by while they attack a decent man and his family for a second time," wrote Collins. "The Far Left won't stop attacking anyone they disagree with until they take back control of Washington."
You've done a bang up job there, Collins. Please leave.

Oct 27, 2017
I've had MSNBC on in the background all day as some sort of self-flagellation and literally every time I turn my ear to it they're either taking about Biden / Hunter Biden or (more often) talking about *talking about* Biden / Hunter Biden.

niccagelaughing.gif

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
I for one am down for a law that calls for editors and showrunners of news outlets who pathologically see things as controversial tabloid storylines to be fired.

Sorry to take so long to answer. I had to clean our church today.

So, she's being vague in just blaming "congress." It lets anyone read into it what they want. If you're upset at Pelosi, you can read it as a read on her. Or, if you're not yet mad at Pelosi you can read it as a read on the inaction in the Senate. It's worded precisely to give everyone what they want, without actually being antagonistic.

It's a good statement.

And we need that now. No falling for spin, no catastrophizing. Clear leadership.

There's the possibility an attack happens where US soldiers are casualties. That can lead to war.

Fuck, I hate gaming out shit this bad.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I can't watch another weekend of politicians eat tragically unseasoned meats.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Iowa needs to fuck off every four years we have to put up with their bullshit. Make the first primary state Illinois at least we will have decent Chicago food to celebrate instead of shitty ass hotdogs and uncooked steak.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
What kind of Iowa bullshit

It was started by Democratic Senator Tom Harkin in the 70s as a local Democratic gathering and is definitely a take on the traditional Southeastern style "fish fry" event.

I still can't find why Harkin decided to make it a "steak" fry instead. I'm guessing he didn't like or was allergic to fish.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Iowa needs to fuck off every four years we have to put up with their bullshit. Make the first primary state Illinois at least we will have decent Chicago food to celebrate instead of shitty ass hotdogs and uncooked steak.
It's all good and all until we're subjected to candidates trying to eat deep dish and make a mess, not realizing deep dish isn't even the most popular Chicago style of pizza in the city.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the one problem developing is in the fury at Pelosi's silence regarding impeachment, we still don't actually have anything to impeach.
are you sure about that

Why is "don't primary people I like" not a good reason to want him to stay away?

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
It's all good and all until we're subjected to candidates trying to eat deep dish and make a mess, not realizing deep dish isn't even the most popular Chicago style of pizza in the city.
You're right I didn't even think of deep dish and the mess it would create. But we will at least get better pictures than candidates stuffing entire corndogs in their jaw.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Harris was up,

Now Booker,

more kennedy than spartacus

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sanders is up, but I'm not seeing much about him, so here,

Edit: the applause-o-meter:

Speaking of those two,