• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I really want to apologize for the ally Pete comment. I was trying to set him up to be dunked on because I figured he was bad on all civil rights matters, but that was a terrible assumption and really rude of me to ask, especially to gay people. I respect you all so much for fighting the good fight and I'm very sorry.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If she wins this uphill battle, I have a hard time believing Trump can beat her.

Reporter: "Senator Sanders says that costs for middle class families will go up."
Warren: "I don't think that's what Senator Sanders said."
Reporter: "Taxes, rather. I'm sorry."
Warren: "And notice what you just immediately slipped to."

I'm very pleased with this alliance.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm an odd one.

My ranking:

1) Warren
2) Klo
3) Harris
4) Buttigieg
5) Booker

Warren was amazing, really not much to say other than that. Just a solid performance.

Klobuchar started out a dud. But I literally said to a friend I was watching with "Damn...Klobuchar is really good at the 'Baptist Buildup'" on her final answer. The way she brushed off the heckling, embraced and connected with audience member who submitted the question (then asked him to stay on stage, a smart way to check the hecklers). And then she showed real, emotional resonance in her answer. She paused in all the right places, guided the audience along with her, built in intensity toward the end, and then left the audience fired up. It was a very "church" moment of the type Obama (and well, most black Baptist pastors) is really good at. In the game of politics, it was a masterful play. Go Klo.

I ranked Harris slightly above Buttigieg because I stan her and hate him. Actually, the real answer is in lieu of actual policy talk, I was expecting Buttigieg to at least give us the emotionally resonant moment Klobuchar did. Instead, he sort of rambled his way through a lot of feel-good platitudes. So Harris beats him out just on her ability to point to her record of actual achievement for LGBTQ people. Even if she stammered a bit...a lot.

Don't care enough about the rest to have thoughts. Booker could really sense the thirst in the guy asking him questions and really leaned into it. That was hot.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I didn't watch it because I was working, but it looks like Warren was really over as fuck at the forum, right?
Yes. The moderator literally said, we're gonna start trending higher when she came out. lol

For me, Pete connected HARD with the blood donation thing. That is something no one else on that stage has even an inkling of understanding about.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just dont think you can beat this tweet this year. Like... I'm nearly weeping at how wholesome it is. This woman with be a legendary icon for generations

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I really want to apologize for the ally Pete comment. I was trying to set him up to be dunked on because I figured he was bad on all civil rights matters, but that was a terrible assumption and really rude of me to ask, especially to gay people. I respect you all so much for fighting the good fight and I'm very sorry.
Wghv7A2.gif

You're good.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Which Nate are you???
LMAO. It's sad I used to go by Nate through middle school.

I'm happy she did well as I don't know her background with the LGBTQ community and it's promising more of the candidates are able to speak on these issues without putting their feet in their mouths. Outside of Bernie, I don't really root against any of the candidates at these forums.

I also like her because I dare Trump to be sexist/chauvinistic to her. She terrifies me.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Who tf gets excited for Cory Booker? People into the Corey in the House meme?
I think pretty much everyone who likes him does for superficial reasons. He'd be a young, cool, hip black president, like Obama! He is absolutely trying to invoke Obama 2.0 to appeal to the base.

Obviously that's not working, but Booker is also way more blatantly corporatist than Obama was, even complaining about Obama's attacks on Romney over his time at Bain Capital in 2012. I'm not one to really question someone's stated views, I think politicians usually are genuine in what they run on (the problem is usually more systemic than simply "oh they didn't try hard enough/they were lying about supporting xyz") but every time Booker signs onto a progressive bill (like M4A) it just feels like he's ticking a box.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
The best trump ass kissers have already started chanting DEEP STATE HIT JOB

who did the deep state hit. i've seen people grousing about how harris's record re: trans people in prison was handled differently than warren's record re: trans people in prison, but is the belief that the deep state is trying to sink harris.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Booker is a cool dude, we'll, the persona he gives off in the debates is interesting, he comes off as this peace loving pacifist, and I like him for that.

Now, as far as his Wall Street ties go, that's another convo.

America is a top heavy wealth nation and it would be ridiculous to think that one party can beat a wealthy party without tapping into large funds.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017

So the NYT is trying to say there is a scandal in something they debunked and that Rudy's problem is that he's undermining the story as being a partisan hit job. It amazes me how Trump has finessed the NYT for years.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017

So the NYT is trying to say there is a scandal in something they debunked and that Rudy's problem is that he's undermining the story as being a partisan hit job. It amazes me how Trump has finessed the NYT for years.

Contrast with the WaPo:

Giuliani has pushed Ukrainian officials to renew an investigation into the activities of Hunter Biden, who served on the board of a Ukrainian gas producer while his father handled U.S.-Ukraine policy.

In particular, Giuliani has alleged Biden advocated for the firing of a Ukrainian prosecutor who at one point had overseen an anti-corruption probe of the gas producer's owner. However, the case had been dormant before the prosecutor's firing, according to former Ukrainian and U.S. officials, and the U.S. ambassador at the time publicly called for the case against the gas tycoon to proceed.

Yuri Lutsenko, the former Ukrainian prosecutor general who succeeded the fired prosecutor, told Bloomberg News in May that there was no evidence of wrongdoing by Joe or Hunter Biden.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
One point in Booker's favor is that he's a vegan. Now, I'm not a vegan, but vegans are so clearly and obviously right, so that's a big point for him in my book.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
One point in Booker's favor is that he's a vegan. Now, I'm not a vegan, but vegans are so clearly and obviously right, so that's a big point for him in my book.

I've known a few vegans in my life, and all but two have been awful people. The foodie version of Evangelical Christians. :/

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Tbh it was easy to tell when candidates were actually making an effort during the lgbt forum

Booker did a great mix up of actual policies + his own personal story

Hes gone from "meh" to "eh" in my personal rankings

Sestak was kind of embarassing. Marianne was Marianne.
Castro had the bad luck of going after Warren

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
Did Marianne speak about any crystals? I'll watch but only if it's spacey.

Edit: also I don't think it's a scandal and I kinda don't care but why WAS his son on this board? If the answer is oh it's payola for access to Biden I'd find that acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.