• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Amy is like the ladies I go for drinks with sometimes after we setup for things at church. She thinks she's way funnier than she is.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When the hell is klob gonna drop out. Jesus. Honestly I feel like running for pres is the worst thing she's ever done. She's an easy primary target now and I hope someone legit does

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
What were the hecklers saying?

Is Amy the only candidate to get heckled so far? That's strange.

Oct 27, 2017
How the fuck am I supposed to feel special when I forget my next wedding anniversary if all you non-binary bobos get to call your Netflix and chill sitch the same thing as my marriage?

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
FILbL2U.gif

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Am I being naive or did the gay marriage question kind of just go away after the SC decision? Other than the awful homophobic cake refusals, it feels like it's one of the few progressive issues that the right silently conceded.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
Am I being naive or did the gay marriage question kind of just go away after the SC decision? Other than the awful homophobic cake refusals, it feels like it's one of the few progressive issues that the right silently conceded.

Cause their leaders don't actually give a fuck, they just want the idiots/gullible/deplorables to vote for them, and if they lose ground on an issue, well, they just move on to a different oppression of minorities. in this case Trans, Hispanics and Muslims.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
They never actually cared about it. It was a useful tool to get their mouth breathers to vote. THe problem is, even white people have gay family members. So people are often real opposed to gay marriage until it impacts their family. It's what my Senator did too.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
My God...

If you wondered what happened to Mary Poppins after the movie...she moved to Michigan and ran for President in 2020.

That was sublime.

EDIT: Massachusetts even.

Fuck it, I'm leaving it.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I can't watch right now, but Warren has been all over my Twitter feed talking about awful trans murders and it's heart breaking.

Oct 25, 2017

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
My son who self identifies as non-binary (using 8 year old language of course) immediately goes "Those are trans women who were killed this year." And he was waaaay into that. Good job Warren.

I stan.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
If she wins this uphill battle, I have a hard time believing Trump can beat her.

Reporter: "Senator Sanders says that costs for middle class families will go up."
Warren: "I don't think that's what Senator Sanders said."
Reporter: "Taxes, rather. I'm sorry."
Warren: "And notice what you just immediately slipped to."

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018

I think it's a mistake to assume that because open homophobia is generally not tolerated in the national political discourse anymore that the homophobic attitudes have disappeared or don't hold sway over voters, in much the same way as racist rhetoric was generally out of fashion a few decades following the civil rights act but voters and representatives still pushed for racist policy. If there's one thing the right in America is truly effective at, it's laundering and preserving their social policy grudges with arguments about "religious freedom", "free speech", and "political correctness."

So in much the same way as racism has resurged into the public discourse, I don't think it's unlikely that we'll see a resurgence of the anti-gay marriage movement within our lifetimes.

Last edited:

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's a mistake to assume that because open homophobia is generally not tolerated in the national political discourse anymore that the homophobic attitudes have disappeared or don't hold sway over voters, in much the same way as racist rhetoric was generally out of fashion a few decades following the civil rights act but voters and representatives still pushed for racist policy. If there's one thing the right in America is truly effective at, it's laundering their social policy grudges with arguments about "religious freedom", "free speech", and "political correctness."
Oh don't get me wrong. I know homophobia is still going strong. Heck I had a decent amount of homophobia and transphobia growing up that I'm deeply ashamed of. I'm just pleasantly surprised that gay marriage is no longer a hot button issue and now more of the status quo, much like interracial marriage.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017
If that Selzer poll tomorrow shows Warren leading in Iowa, it will be the perfect end to an incredible week for her and her campaign.

Status
Not open for further replies.