• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hate when straight people call themselves allies. You don't get to do that. We'll let you know when we're interested. Thanks.
As a straight person, I kind of feel the same way. But as a college instructor trying to help his students feel at ease, it's something that comes up. I usually try to frame it as "I'm doing my best to be an ally" or something less presumptuous. Kind of a rock and a hard place though, at the moment.

I absolutely never frame myself as "that person" in other contexts though.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Are the flowers pissing you off!? My husband threatened to turn if off if I don't stop complaining about the fucking flowers. I need gay confirmation.
A crime against florality.
As a straight person, I kind of feel the same way. But as a college instructor trying to help his students feel at ease, it's something that comes up. I usually try to frame it as "I'm doing my best to be an ally" or something less presumptuous. Kind of a rock and a hard place though, at the moment.

I absolutely never mention it in other contexts though.
I'm sorry it's so hard on you.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Lady in the yellow dress is asking great questions.

Kamala's giving great answers.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017

I absolutely never frame myself as "that person" in other contexts though.
Sure. I'm not one to police talk or anything like that. It takes a lot to actually get me upset. What I'd say is a good way to frame it is that you're a full supporter of LGBTQ equality. It's a minor distinction, but I think it's important. It's hard for straights to navigate, no doubt.
A crime against florality.

I'm sorry it's so hard on you.
THANK YOU!

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sure. I'm not one to police talk or anything like that. It takes a lot to actually get me upset. What I'd say is a good way to frame it is that you're a full supporter of LGBTQ equality. It's a minor distinction, but I think it's important. It's hard for straights to navigate, no doubt.

THANK YOU!
That's a great way to explain it. I was lacking that language and perspective because even at our SafeZone workshops, the word "ally" kept coming up. Thank you!

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
This is fantastic. The questioner is great and Harris are doing pretty good. She's acting like a frontrunner.

And so far, especially since one is absent, she's the frontrunner saying the best stuff.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Okay, she did better on the last question. I didn't see Biden, but she's been the best I've seen so far.

Pete, why you gotta be trash sis. :(

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
I'm sorry...but she's not. She's trying though!

This gay Californian thinks she is. Because she's touting her record...of actual change.

Kamala's one of the few candidates on that stage who can point to concrete things she's actually done. Not "tried."

NwS8K8r.png

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait am I not supposed to help the gays?

Or are you side eying people whoa re enthusiastic acout shouting "I'M AN ALLY!"

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
I'm not even sure what an investigation by Ukraine into Joe Biden's son is even supposed to accomplish. Even as a scandal, does anyone really care what a foreign government with no jurisdiction investigates? Is the presumption that Trump will hold the that of extradition over Biden's head or something? Is the intent to muddy the waters so that the politically illiterate think it's a US investigation? What does the investigation yield that they can't get just by taking to the airwaves to spew bullshit--hell, what would be the functional difference if they just lied their asses off and claimed there was an investigation regardless?

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
Wonderful answers from Buttigieg.

But I need this guy asking the questions to sloooowwwww down.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'm not even sure what an investigation by Ukraine into Joe Biden's son is even supposed to accomplish. Even as a scandal, does anyone really care what a foreign government with no jurisdiction investigates? Is the presumption that Trump will hold the that of extradition over Biden's head or something? Is the intent to muddy the waters so that the politically illiterate think it's a US investigation? What does the investigation yield that they can't get just by taking to the airwaves to spew bullshit--hell, what would be the functional difference if they just lied their asses off and claimed there was an investigation regardless?

Trump controls the FBI and the doj and the senate. If there is anything there that's legitimate, they'll get a grand jury to act.

It's easy to forget that corruption is rampant in American politics. But part of the gentleman's agreement was to look the other way so that u too can get away with that.

Ifits nothing then you're right. It will just be a distraction that CNN will run with 247. To exhaust the public.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They want BUTTERY MALES 2.0. That is literally it. They want a bullshit sham investigation to try and get on him because Grandpa Simpson vs Cheeto wont end well for Cheeto.

Claire Delune

10 Years in the Making
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Seattle Area
Trump controls the FBI and the doj and the senate. If there is anything there that's legitimate, they'll get a grand jury to act.

It's easy to forget that corruption is rampant in American politics. But part of the gentleman's agreement was to look the other way so that u too can get away with that.

Ifits nothing then you're right. It will just be a distraction that CNN will run with 247. To exhaust the public.
They want BUTTERY MALES 2.0. That is literally it. They want a bullshit sham investigation to try and get on him because Grandpa Simpson vs Cheeto wont end well for Cheeto.
Ah, I hadn't considered the possibility of our own law enforcement "cooperating" with a Ukraine investigation.

Me am smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.