• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
How many times do I have to say it's "Warren you guys."

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.
sub-buzz-3153-1565789051-1.jpg

Past is prologue.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren's unofficial campaign slogan is "she's got a plan for that." The reality is, she has just one.

She wants to finish what she started when she first came to Washington. And she will bring with her a cadre of energetic, ideologically committed regulators who will go after the bad guys of corporate America who she believes have crippled the national economy.

If Warren wins the presidency, she, like any Democrat, will face steep odds of getting an ambitious legislative agenda through Congress. The real action in any administration is executive in nature: knowing what regulatory buttons to push, which enforcers can really go for blood, who to put where, and how to manage them.

It's a job Warren's done before, when she was charged with building the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau from scratch.
I spoke with 30 current and former government officials and employees, lobbyists, industry insiders, consumer advocates, and members of Warren's inner circle to understand who Warren really is, not only as a policymaker but also as an executive, a decisionmaker, and a leader. Her supporters and detractors describe her as ruthlessly committed to her ideals — and ruthlessly effective at making them real.
Warren staffed the bureau with academics, policy wonks, and industry insiders, and while she had a clear vision for the agency, she also valued data and empirical evidence. She was a lightning rod atop a lightning rod, and she knew it.
"She is laser-fucking-focused on what is happening to working families who need help," said one former CFPB staffer. Perhaps too laser-focused to end up running the agency she created — she sometimes didn't see the political attacks coming until it was too late.

A president's most potent capabilities lie in leveraging the bully pulpit, pulling administrative levers, and tapping executive regulators and enforcers. These are skills at which Warren is adept, and that could make her especially effective as president. Warren projects a moral clarity rivaling that of Sen. Bernie Sanders, and she has the know-how to try to implement her vision. From the Oval Office, she could reshape the Democratic Party from the inside out. Maybe even in ways the party is not ready for.

"How many other candidates have this proven record of actual execution and leadership and management?" said Elizabeth Vale, a longtime adviser to Warren.

While she's previously played the good soldier and pushed others to advance her agenda, she appears to have determined that if she wants this done right she has to do it herself.

"I don't think she's willing to wait anymore," one Warren ally said. "She has learned that it is better to take whatever power and resources you have and use them all at once because you're never going to get another shot."

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Put them all in jail

At this rate we'll be hearing the recording of him begging Daddy Vova for help around...9am? 10am?

Anyone feel like Trump's been a bit more able and cogent in the last week or so? Doesn't even seem shook about the whistleblower thing.

Kirblar and others in Virginia, did you get a check for $110 to $220 recently from the state? Seems like it's their response to the tax bill.

He seemed livid and ineffectual to me. He's reacting which is good (for now...KAP TO THE JETS!)

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Booker has attacked Warren... although maybe I missed it in the recent barrage from Harris, Mayor Pete, Biden and Klobuchar.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
His "Jersey" issues aside...Corey Booker is so damn good in this format.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I'm sorry. I don't mean to be a stereotype at all....but those fucking flowers are CRIMINAL.
My god.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Who spends their time typing into live YouTube chats.

Also Tulsi sounds like she hates the gays but is being forced to read a script

Oct 26, 2017
Media will focus on the Biden stuff. Trump successfully got the story in the media.

Yeah it's really weird (but not surprising) at how the worm is turning.

We have a literal impeachable offense staring us right in the face, but in the interest of "fairness" the media is actually giving oxygen to Trump/Rudy's claims, which are fruits from impeachable actions. The media has learned absolutely nothing from 2016 when they proliferated the Russian hacked materials to the wider public. They're doing it again.

As for Pelosi..... I have no words. It's fine to wait until Congress can get their hands on the whistleblower report before making overt statements. But she needs to start drawing a line in the sand. I mean Trump is literally using the power of the US government to extort a foreign government to help take down the Democratic frontrunner in the next national election. And Pelosi just seems mildly perturbed that the President is potentially illegally trying to take down the frontrunner of her party. It's like Pelosi cares for nothing but her moderate swing districts so she can stay in power, everything else be damned.

Oct 25, 2017
They didn't ask her about her bigoted past and bigoted family and current bigoted support of a bigoted cult leader and the breaking story of the day about her worshiping said bigoted leader. This was dumb. This is why you don't watch TV. This is why you sure as hell don't live blog TV. This was a waste of time.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I hate when straight people call themselves allies. You don't get to do that. We'll let you know when we're interested. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.