• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Nice fanfiction, David.
Oblig:
source.gif

Ombra

Jan 22, 2018
So, he is missing two LGBTQ Forums. Not just one.

When TULSI FUCKING GABBARD can be assed to show up.........

But, he is managing to go to one tomorrow in Iowa where the topics are:
  • Improved Medicare for All
  • 100% Just and Clean Energy for All
  • Homes Guarantee
  • Free College for Al
: thinking emoji :
Bernie did this last election and Yang is one of the heros of 4chan for his comments supporting aggrieved white men.

They don't want to piss their right wing fanbase the toxic end of the Bernie bro spectrum. They hate identity politics unless its about white people. Them skipping this is zero surprise if you've been paying attention.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
This is the first of two LGBT forums. The second is being put on by the HRC and is the one that has the polling threshold. Just an FYI. Yang and Bernie are going to neither.

Ombra

Jan 22, 2018
look, i want Real Change as much as the next poster, but i think we can all agree that Voting Is Pointless and that everyone should just Stay Home during the primaries and general election.
Its sad but true, especially in the black community.

Right now we're being inundated with agents both obvious and clandestine pushing NOT voting as a revolutionary act.

What famous revolutionary ever made change by doing jack shit? My people need to realize our power and that the lesser of two evils will be thing until better options appear (everyone has to deal with this reality) Not voting is the single biggest piece of propaganda we keep getting. And soon it may end up working better than Gerrymandering.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I dislike Brie as much as the next person.

But, last I checked, Bernie is grown.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I'm 100% convinced that But Her Emails would have been significantly less effective if it was But His Emails. Just that alone putting aside the decades of anti Clinton hate.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Biden getting done in by what was the Trump whistleblower scandal because the media is blaming him for being attacked is some shit Hillary getting her emails hacked redux shit.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Biden being affected by this 'scandal' now, instead of next June is a good thing. Even though this is shitty. It means we can choose someone else.

less

Oct 25, 2017
At worst it'll be another paper cut that possibly helps bring Biden down. Regardless of effects it has the media will be garbage as usual.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Dumb but honest question here that is kinda off topic:

What does being "ratio'd" mean? Feels like I started hearing this a lot in the last week. Am I correct to assume it means the twitter ratio of likes to amount of people talking about it? If so what is the good/bad ratio then?

Deleted member 283

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie not being there has Brie written all over it btw. Falls totally in line with her anti-"identity politics" crap.

This may be the only time I'm ever eager to see Tulsi (lit up with Demonfire from the audience.)
I dislike Brie as much as the next person.

But, last I checked, Bernie is grown.
Pretty much. There's plenty of reasons to dislike her, but I don't know why in the world one would assume she's behind Sanders not going to these events? Especially since last I checked, he's the candidate, not her. Why the fuck would he give a fuck what she thinks? Why would he not go just because she said so? Where's the idea even come from, versus it just being Sanders' own for whatever reasons he has. He's the one who calls the shots, he's responsible for his own choices either way, and the buck stops with him.

Like, I'm sorry, but rushing in to find a way to blame her for Sanders own actions no matter how garbage she is and not only blaming her but saying it has "her fingerprints all over it" as if that even makes sense at all just reeks of sexism to me. Of all the things you can hit her with, that seems pretty damn weak to me to even try that garbage (especially since again, even if it was originally her idea, which he have no reason to even think right now which should itself be setting off alarm bells, but even if it were, he doesn't have to listen to her and it would be on him anyway, so what's the point of even making up this nonsense when the fault would still be Sanders anyway, except...?).

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden being affected by this scandal now, instead of next June is a good thing. Even though this is shitty. It means we can choose someone else.
It's not a real scandal! Don't give it an ounce of goddamn credibility. This was the exact shit the Bernie cult did picking up on RW talking points and it's the exact pattern that Trump and co hopes happens now.

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
It's not a real scandal! Don't give it an ounce of goddamn credibility. This was the exact shit the Bernie cult did picking up on RW talking points and it's the exact pattern that Trump and co hopes happens now.
I missed quotes. Ive been saying its not. I mean the perception of scandal. Just like emails.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
Biden being affected by this scandal now, instead of next June is a good thing. Even though this is shitty. It means we can choose someone else.
Yeah it's a really dumb move by Trump because not only does it expose him to potential punishment, it's also against the only major candidate who would have possibly ignored Trump's many crimes after they became president. Now if Biden does win the presidency, he'll have a very personal grudge against Trump.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much. There's plenty of reasons to dislike her, but I don't know why in the world one would assume she's behind Sanders not going to these events? Especially since last I checked, he's the candidate, not her. Why the fuck would he give a fuck what she thinks? Why would he not go just because she said so? Where's the idea even come from, versus it just being Sanders' own for whatever reasons he has. He's the one who calls the shots, he's responsible for his own choices either way, and the buck stops with him.

Like, I'm sorry, but rushing in to find a way to blame her for Sanders own actions no matter how garbage she is and not only blaming her but saying it has "her fingerprints all over it" as if that even makes sense at all just reeks of sexism to me. Of all the things you can hit her with, that seems pretty damn weak to me to even try that garbage (especially since again, even if it was originally her idea, which he have no reason to even think right now which should itself be setting off alarm bells, but even if it were, he doesn't have to listen to her and it would be on him anyway, so what's the point of even making up this nonsense when the fault would still be Sanders anyway, except...?).
I'm not trying to blame her for Sanders' behavior, he hired her. It's that she seems like the type to feed into the "yes skipping these is a good idea" delusion. (hence why she's a bad hire and Bernie's ultimately to blame.)

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017

What does being "ratio'd" mean? Feels like I started hearing this a lot in the last week. Am I correct to assume it means the twitter ratio of likes to amount of people talking about it? If so what is the good/bad ratio then?
It's likes to replies. Typically, if a tweet has a lot more replies than likes, it means that many people disagreed.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017

Lots of comments instead of lots of likes. It always means a very negative response to a tweet.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So if it's twice as many people talking about it versus liking it I am assuming that's pretty bad? Logically speaking it takes far less effort to like/retweet something than to actually post about it.

Not a twitter user here so that's why I was asking.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
So if it's twice as many people talking about it versus liking it I am assuming that's pretty bad? Logically speaking it takes far less effort to like/retweet something than to actually post about it.

Not a twitter user here so that's why I was asking.
Exactly. People are far less likely to reply just to agree than to simply hit the like button. People probably like tweets to which they reply positively anyway.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
I wonder that within the next 3-4 days if Trump will attempt to reignite another culture war to get the media off this story. Pretty soon the media is going to run out of information it can squeeze out of this until the actual whistleblower report will be released. The iC IG has made it clear he wants to strictly follow the law, so we won't get anything out of him. I don't know how you can compel the acting DNI head to turn over the whistleblower report. Congress has very little leverage.

NFL season's underway and rumors of Kap getting signed are up so...

Pelosi is very good at whipping voters and bringing together the House Dem caucus, perhaps better than any other House Dem leader in modern history. But she's also never whipped votes for impeachment before (and should be noted did not whip for impeachment against Bush), which I have to imagine is substantially different from whipping votes for legislation, especially when you're talking about these purple Problem Solvers Caucus moderates. The "if she wanted it to happen she could just make it happen" is not necessarily true!

The issue is the muddled messaging not this fantasy land catastrophizing by people desperate to hit anyone who can feel shame.

That being said, just STFUing would be leagues better than the wobbling done now. He just tossed another boulder on the pressure going mobster to win next year in desperation and therefore she's running out of maneuvering room to stall and fast. I mean, you KNOW another one's coming by October if not sooner; sumbitch is TERRIFIED.

Thank god John Bolton is ou...

We'll do close angle shots so it looks bigger and more complete by exclusion like the wall visits.

MetalGearZed

Oct 30, 2017

You are correct. People call it "ratio'd" when the comments outnumber the likes. And in 99% of cases when that happens, the comments/reactions to the tweet are overwhelmingly negative.

Tweets(especially political ones) rarely get tens of thousands of positive commentary.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
It's crazy that NYT would choose this story to go after Biden, and not the Anita Hill, the touching, the really questionable race responses, or any of his other gaffes.

It's a true testament to how they view politics and their role in it. They don't view themselves as watchdogs, nor do they consider any of his real gaffes as problems. Instead they see themselves as balancers, and they consider Biden's greatest liability to be a hard right wing conspiracy theory manufactured by Giuliani.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy that NYT would choose this story to go after Biden, and not the Anita Hill, the touching, the really questionable race responses, or any of his other gaffes.

It's a true testament to how they view politics and their role in it. They don't view themselves as watchdogs, nor do they consider any of his real gaffes as problems. Instead they see themselves as balancers, and they consider Biden's greatest liability to be a hard right wing conspiracy theory manufactured by Giuliani.
You give them too much credit. The reason they push things like Clinton Cash isn't naiveté.

OP
OP
Ogodei

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Anyone feel like Trump's been a bit more able and cogent in the last week or so? Doesn't even seem shook about the whistleblower thing.

Kirblar and others in Virginia, did you get a check for $110 to $220 recently from the state? Seems like it's their response to the tax bill.

Double 0

Nov 5, 2017
Oh shit

Liz Warren said:
After the Mueller report, Congress had a duty to begin impeachment. By failing to act, Congress is complicit in Trump's latest attempt to solicit foreign interference to aid him in US elections. Do your constitutional duty and impeach the president.

Status
Not open for further replies.