• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
i don't know if i can take it if there isn't some sort of actual consequence for this... i don't want to see a single statement from a democrat about how dangerous or uncharted this territory is if that statement doesn't include a "...and here is what we are going to do about it"

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Not buying the WSJ article. As in I do not think that would get the whistleblower and come out and talk about a promise made. Some sort of deal/threat had to have been made like extortion or bribery.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@rolandsmartin
So the GOP invited clueless @RealCandaceO Owens AGAIN to a hearing on white supremacy and white nationalism? Yea, sure. She's such an expert. And then the fool says it wouldn't rank among her top 100 issues, and focuses on black-on-black crime and masculinity in men. https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1175057310277939200
jordan

@JordanUhl
The House is having a hearing on white supremacy and the Republicans invited Candace Owens who used her time to say it isn't actually an issue, that it wouldn't even rank in her top 100 issues and that the real issue is black-on-black crime & lack of masculinity in men.
11:06 - 20 Sep 2019

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
I remember reading one or two people making vague chatter about this Science of Identity cult that she's a part of. It'll be interesting to see what come out.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Excuse you all,

Her name is Liberal Surfing Princess ICON the Honorable Tulsi Gabbard.

Show some respect.

Absent

Oct 26, 2017

Yep.

Nancy is playing 3D Chess...when the game is Uno.

"The Founders could never suspect that a president would be so abusive of the Constitution of the United States, that the separation of powers would be irrelevant to him and that he would continue, any president would continue, to withhold facts from the Congress, which are part of the constitutional right of inquiry," Pelosi said.

The constitutional recourse for a lawbreaking president per the Constitution is impeachment. Article II, Section 4 instructs that the president "shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors."
Pelosi called the whistleblower's complaint "very alarming" and said "this is in a different class in terms of [Trump's] behavior."

"This case has a national security piece to it that is very alarming. It is very alarming because the inspector general is appointed by President Trump." She said the law is clear that the information must be submitted to the intelligence committees in Congress. "Right now they are breaking the law" by not providing that information, she said.
In a statement released after the NPR interview, Pelosi went even further, saying the reports raise "grave, urgent concerns for our national security" and that the president and his administration must conduct "our national security and foreign policy in the best interest of the American people, not the President's personal interest."

"If the President has done what has been alleged," she said, "then he is stepping into a dangerous minefield with serious repercussions for his Administration and our democracy."
Pelosi, are you for real.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Trying 8x in a single call to have your political opponent investigated by a foreign government should be enough for impeachment. And we only know part of the story. This is ridiculous.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
So Trump really went from no collusion to full on collusion, so what?

This is what happens when you fail to indict. This is on Robert Mueller and Pelosi. More so on Mueller because he decided to play by the book and expected institutions to save the country. Pelosi for dragging her feet.

nature boy

Oct 25, 2017

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, asking a foreign government to investigate a US citizen who's father just happens to be running for president smells an awful like "Russia release the emails" to me.

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
I still don't understand on top of all of Ttump's corruption and obstruction, why there is no Congressional investigation into the administration's response to Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico.

Over 3,000 Americans died and there hasn't been a substantial peep from Pelosi, or anyone else of note in the Democratic Caucus.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018

Sounds like they are doing damage control to try to avoid conspiracy charges, which is hard to prove anyway. I'm sure Ukraine perfectly understands the benefits of being in PotuS' good graces and the consequences of not. Just because it maybe, allegedly, wasn't spelled out in that same phone call, doesn't mean the quid pro quo wasn't perfectly understood by both parties. "You got a nice country there. Be a shame if Russia took it and we looked the other way..."

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
There's a point where 'political savvy' transforms into cowardice, and I think we've definitely arrived.

Like, there needs to be a red line. Being afraid to create a red line anywhere is ridiculous.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
Again....we have 0 of the actual details of this. Congress has not been officially briefed on what is happening. It's not the dumbest idea to, you know, want the actual facts before you start screaming about impeaching the mutha-fucker. (For this specific thing.)

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Again....we have 0 of the actual details of this. Congress has not been officially briefed on what is happening. It's not the dumbest idea to, you know, want the actual facts before you start screaming about impeaching the mutha-fucker. (For this specific thing.)
That's completely right...

...but I fail to see the downside of saying "The president trying to blackmail or quid pro quo a foreign leader into investigating his political opponents is an impeachable offense."

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If she wants impeachment to happen, she can make it happen. She's good at whipping votes. It's pretty clear she has no interest at this point.
We literally just had the story develop in the last 24 hours in a way an impeachment vote in the Senate would be able to hurt GOP Senators. Hence Mitch's about face.

Im giving em 2 days or so to get the ducks in a row. Then Ill prepare the cannons if nothing is being done.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
That's completely right...

...but I fail to see the downside of saying "The president trying to blackmail or quid pro quo a foreign leader into investigating his political opponents is an impeachable offense."
"If the President has done what has been alleged," she said, "then he is stepping into a dangerous minefield with serious repercussions for his Administration and our democracy."

That is a measured response, and what the leadership should be saying up until we actually know what's in the complaint.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
We literally just had the story develop in the last 24 hours in a way an impeachment vote in the Senate would be able to hurt GOP Senators. Hence Mitch's about face.

Im giving em 2 days or so to get the ducks in a row. Then Ill prepare the cannons if nothing is being done.

This is literally, I want to say word for word, what was said about the Mueller Report.

The goal post isn't even on the field anymore.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do you frame this so absurdly when you know nobody is saying that?

Pelosi has a job to do. She's not doing it. At this point, that deserves a City Girls Periodt.
The job WAS to drag impeachments out Benghazi style and ignore the votes because itd party line in the Senate.

This event changes that. You need to make the vote happen and make GOP Senators squirm.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
Sure, but there's been an absurd amount of things that he can, and should, get articles of impeachment for even before this story broke. There's so many, I literally find myself forgetting some of them from time to time. If she'd been helping build momentum towards it, this could be a moment to push it over. But alas...

Status
Not open for further replies.