• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
How about "the middle class will have more money to spend if I'm president"? Does anyone really believe the middle class won't be better off under Warren?
I think the best way is to frame it as do you like paying big money to line the pockets of the insurane industry/pharma/big medicine. It's not 100% truthful, but it has an air of going after corruption. Framing it as "Do you want your money to go directly to your doctors, your nurses, your treatment? Or do you like lining the pockets of the bigwigs who deny your claims, cut your benefits, and raise your premiums." It's not answering the "will taxes go up" question, but it can obscure it just enough to run out the clock on a debate question.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Once we're in the general, answering "will you raise taxes" or "how will you pay for it questions" will be easy. It doesn't matter what the topic is. M4A? Green New Deal? Infrastructure? Free college? Five word answers for every question.

"Mexico will pay for it."

Not even joking.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I never understand why Dems don't hammer this point more. Regulation is designed to put more money in the hands of the masses. That's good for everyone, including the wealthy. Like spend some time getting the wealthy to even understand that because all they care about is short term tax breaks and it actually doesn't make sense.

Because people don't believe you, unfortunately. All they'll hear is for the whole election cycle is, "elitist Democrat's want to raise your taxes and take away your health care, because they think they know better than you."

As I've said before, just pass whatever law you want, then come around in two years and say, "hey, ya' know that awesome health care you have? If you want to keep it, we've got to raise taxes."

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017

A whistleblower complaint about President Trump made by an intelligence official centers on Ukraine, according to two people familiar with the matter, which has set off a struggle between Congress and the executive branch.

The complaint involved communications with a foreign leader and a "promise" that Trump made, which was so alarming that a U.S. intelligence official who had worked at the White House went to the inspector general of the intelligence community, two former U.S. officials said

Mulligan

Oct 29, 2017
Giuliani has been in Ukraine stirring shit up for the past six months. This makes sense, and my speculation about this being about Putin was wrong.

Slader166

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I'm curious, what do you all think Pete will do if he doesn't get into the white house next year (in any form, VP, administration, etc)? I mean, his chances of winning a Senate seat in Indiana seem slim.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
There was that timeline last night about Trump releasing the hold Ukrainian aid after the whistleblower came forward.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Maybe talking about two different people here.

Seemed like a response to Trudeau.
Yep.

To be extra clear, there are bigger issues in American politics that I think deserves greater derision. But I can focus on that while paying mind to Trudeau's newfound shiftiness.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Giuliani has been in Ukraine stirring shit up for the past six months. This makes sense, and my speculation about this being about Putin was wrong.
But it's indirectly about Putin. Yes, in this case Trump's main motive is political help from a foreign agent about a candidate, but pulling funds from Ukraine and generally souring the US relationship with them is straight up great news for Trump's boss.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
Curious to know if Biden uses this in the primary. "He is so scared of facing me he is trying to direct foreign countries to go after me!"

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
I hope the dems are ready to blow this story open, including all the primary folk. Its an opportunity to not only score political good will points in the primary but also in seeking the general. I don't personally think Biden should be our nominee but I am not going to deny how many people like him, especially among the older generation of voters. If they come together in support of Biden and ultimatelyt to our democracy I think there will be no better potential uniting moment so that when people get out of the primary no matter who wins they know they got each others backs.

Curious to know if Biden uses this in the primary. "He is so scared of facing me he is trying to direct foreign countries to go after me!"

This on the other hand I hope he doesn't do. It belittles the severity of what Trump is doing, and I don't want it to come across as a "Not a big deal to me" tough guy act. I don't want this behavior normalized, it should be villified for how heinous it is.

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe the "promise" was more like "if you don't help me sink Biden I promise your whole shit will get crimea-d, I know a guy."

Last edited:

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
I wouldn't rush to guess what the whistleblower complaint is about. Seems like the drip of information is going to get us there before too long.

But let's not lose sight over the insanity of the White House being able to block Congress getting a copy of the complaint. Whether it's a massive scandal or a nothing burger. That the White House is doing this is inexcusable. I mean, add it to the list, I know, but lets not forget how important each and every inexcusable thing on the list is.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
There is the Ukrainian connection. IF true, and it might not be long until we find out, this is instant impeachment material.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
So he probably tried to blackmail them into investigating Biden's son.

That was one on my short list, true.

He's been nipping off to Ukraine for years now. So much fuckery, so much acting a snaggle-toothed goof to obfuscate...

edit: I JUST TYPED THAT CUZ IT"S EVERGREEN TRUTH!

Rudy is on Cuomo.....it's a clown show as usual. Huge success!

PATTERN RECOGNITION LIKE 'WHOA' SON!

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
That was one on my short list, true.

He's been nipping off to Ukraine for years now. So much fuckery, so much acting a snaggle-toothed goof to obfuscate...

edit: I JUST TYPED THAT CUZ IT"S EVERGREEN TRUTH!

PATTERN RECOGNITION LIKE 'WHOA' SON!
Soros! Biden. Biden Biden Biden.

The accusation is ridiculous and yes I did it. What?

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't the government get some money back from that Detroit bailout too?
The auto bailout cost way more money than 12 billion, depending on how you count things, all but 12 bil were repayed, some people strongly disagree, people shouted about it for like a month or two a few years ago. I don't have a strong opinion.

Also, this is only under Obama, the auto industry got government emergency help under Bush as well.

Oct 27, 2017
The only possible ending for this fucking season must involve Ukraine arresting Giuliani, and Trump making a primetime address giving Putin the greenlight to invade Kyiev

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
DPBYB_6WAAAENfc.jpg

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
kinda disappointing that the whistleblower complaint is about the bumbling Trump/Giuliani fuckery in Ukraine we heard about a few months ago. Still a gross abuse of power.

can't imagine what he's going to get the Russians to do next year though. Just colluding out in the open right now.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
kinda disappointing that the whistleblower complaint is about the bumbling Trump/Giuliani fuckery in Ukraine we heard about a few months ago. Still a gross abuse of power.

can't imagine what he's going to get the Russians to do next year though. Just colluding out in the open right now.
I mean it's a little more than bumbling. He literally tried to get a foreign government to meddle in the election, did so in front of people, and got caught. (Assuming that's what it was.) It's as open and shut as you can possibly get to high crimes.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
Under a Warren presidency, I can't tell if this thread will be lively or dead.

I'm curious what the thread looked like in like 2014.

EDIT: Oh my God, one OT lasted 10 months in 2014.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Are impeachment hearings going on or not? Did trump cast Bad Breath on us?
They just had an impeachment hearing with Corey Lembowski this week. Not much came out of it but they got him to confirm aspects of the Mueller report about obstruction and that he lied numerous times about his involvement in the whole thing. It was still a shit show because Corey stonewalled and deflected like fuck Citing executive privilege. He should have been held in contempt after the fact (some members of the House definitely pushed the idea).

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
By doing what? Not bringing bills up for a vote? That's not owning the libs, that's being a lazy fucker.
Well, he stole a Supreme Court seat, pushed a rapist through to the Court, blocked a ton of Obama's nominees to the lower courts, and has suffocated plenty of Democratic legislation.

I think that's enough to make most Republicans feel happy as a pig in shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.