• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
Hillary entering the dem race again right now would probably cause me nightmares.

I wonder if thats how Hillary people felt when Bernie announced his campaign for 2020 haha

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
In that arrangement I go Warren, Clinton and Sanders duke it out for 2nd in an entirely academic challenge that takes place exclusively in my head, then I write in Kerry and finally Biden.

ratcliffja

Oct 28, 2017
I wanted Warren to run in 2016 so she definitely would have been my candidate, though I think she benefits a lot from not having to run against Hillary.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's California.
A cardboard box with a D on it might win Statewide.
I imagine she would have been trounced in a gubernatorial race in Georgia, lol.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Hillary vs Bernie vs Warren vs Biden

Warren would have canceled Bernie out. And neither of them would have had a chance in hell with Black voters.

The race would have ultimately been between Hillary and Biden, with Hillary narrowly edging out Diet Racist Biden with the black vote.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was sarcasm, of course he wouldn't, nor is there much going on there he would boost like Beto could boost in Texas.

My sarcasm meter has been on the fritz since summer 2015, every time I take it in to get re-calibrated another pothole in reality forms and it starts picking up Onion articles and shit.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Hillary vs Bernie vs Warren vs Biden

Warren would have canceled Bernie out. And neither of them would have had a chance in hell with Black voters.

The race would have ultimately been between Hillary and Biden, with Hillary narrowly edging out Diet Racist Biden with the black vote.
So we might as well just nominate Hillary.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017

He's right. Democrats should be investigating Trump's border wall and why money is being taken away that congress didn't approve.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I've seen Abrams on the stump for herself. I've seen Harris on the stump for herself. Abrams was good. Harris is not a great campaigner. Its part of why she's in the mess she's in. Could she work as a Veep? Sure. But the idea that Harris is some amazing politician is...not borne out by the facts.

I'm in California, so I've probably seen Harris up close longer than most here. I'm sure there's hometown bias, but she's a solid campaigner. I never said she was a master politician though. I just think she has been over rehearsed lately and too cautious, the same problem Beto had in the Spring everyone here said he should get out immediately.

Also Abrams only campaigned in Georgia. Let's see how she would do out of her element in places like Iowa or NH. This is where Harris has struggled where she's in places not naturally amenable to black women in power and just differing cultures issues. I haven't seen many Independents or conservative leaning voters who find Abrams appealing whatsoever. Abrams has campaigned in a mid/low population state and lost. What on earth makes her qualified to be on a national stage? The Democratic response to the SOTU? LOL. At least Harris won her Senate race in the most populous state in the nation and ran a national campaign, and we know her strengths and weaknesses. Most of you are just projecting what you want Stacy Abrams to be when there's zero evidence that she has any significant national or cross-party appeal. At least Beto has run a Presidential campaign and has had some moments on the national stage, and he actually puts Texas in play in real polls. Plus he at least has some Federal office experience.

So again, you can keep your unqualified token black pick. Let her earn her wings instead of just parachuting in because you need a blackface. Because otherwise once her flaws are revealed on the national stage, you guys will tear her apart the same way you guys have with Harris.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
I mean, I wasn't actually calling for Abrams to be the Veep choice? But, like, the idea that she's just an empty pantsuit or whatever doesn't really hold weight with me. Having watched Harris try to connect with voters on the stump, and having watched Abrams do it...if I'm the nominee, I'm picking someone who is a good campaigner. I don't get that from Harris.

Oct 26, 2017
Harris has only been in national politics for two years lol. I don't know how you go from boosting her to calling Abrams an unqualified token black woman. She narrowly, for Georgia, lost a gubernatorial race that had a bunch of voter suppression issues. She was the minority leader of the State House for 8 years.

Sorry, I'll take someone who is a US Senator for 3 years from the most populous state in the nation with decades of experience in office and ran a presidential campaign compared to someone who has been in the State House from a relatively small state and lost a Senate race and has zero Federal experience. Beyond voter rights, do you know what Stacy Abrams stands for? What about foreign policy or immigration? What is her leadership style? Does she have any independent/moderate appeal? She's a total lightweight. Mayor Pete is total lightweight too, but at least he put himself out there and is being tested on the issues and we can see his strengths and weaknesses. But we know nothing about Abrams. The only reason she would get picked to be VP is because she's black. She's unqualified, doesn't put any states in play, and completely untested on the national stage. The definition of a token pick. Now if you want to put Harris in the same category as her, that's totally your prerogative. Like I said, just keep doubling down on the insults.

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I wasn't actually calling for Abrams to be the Veep choice? But, like, the idea that she's just an empty pantsuit or whatever doesn't really hold weight with me. Having watched Harris try to connect with voters on the stump, and having watched Abrams do it...if I'm the nominee, I'm picking someone who is a good campaigner. I don't get that from Harris.

Not saying she's an empty pantsuit. I think Stacy Abrams has a very bright future and an excellent political talent. It's part of the reason I'm being protective of her and wanting her to be patient and take the right steps and not rush things, instead of her being thrown to the wolves because we need a blackface on the ticket that voters don't really know so they can just project whatever onto her. Let Abrams take the time and build up her own national constituency and gain more experience, she'll be stronger in the long-run for it.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I'm in California, so I've probably seen Harris up close longer than most here. I'm sure there's hometown bias, but she's a solid campaigner. I never said she was a master politician though. I just think she has been over rehearsed lately and too cautious, the same problem Beto had in the Spring everyone here said he should get out immediately.

Also Abrams only campaigned in Georgia. Let's see how she would do out of her element in places like Iowa or NH. This is where Harris has struggled where she's in places not naturally amenable to black women in power and just differing cultures issues. I haven't seen many Independents or conservative leaning voters who find Abrams appealing whatsoever. Abrams has campaigned in a mid/low population state and lost. What on earth makes her qualified to be on a national stage? The Democratic response to the SOTU? LOL. At least Harris won her Senate race in the most populous state in the nation and ran a national campaign, and we know her strengths and weaknesses. Most of you are just projecting what you want Stacy Abrams to be when there's zero evidence that she has any significant national or cross-party appeal. At least Beto has run a Presidential campaign and has had some moments on the national stage, and he actually puts Texas in play in real polls. Plus he at least has some Federal office experience.

So again, you can keep your unqualified token black pick. Let her earn her wings instead of just parachuting in because you need a blackface. Because otherwise once her flaws are revealed on the national stage, you guys will tear her apart the same way you guys have with Harris.

I've seen Kamala in action.

She is a great campaigner. And a wonderful and passionate speaker. I don't buy the argument that she's "bad at this" when she's managed to stay above, for so long, candidates who are allegedly better.

But she is being failed by her campaign. Which is, ultimately, on her.

To me, Kamala is running the splitting image of HIllary's 2016 General campaign in terms of everything I thought that campaign did wrong. Basically, it's an old-school campaign of peaks and valleys. It's a campaign primed for "big moments" and...radio silence until the next big moment.

When Kamala experienced that 10 point bump after the first debate, i knew it wasn't going to last. NOT because she attacked Biden (in my book, she's STILL the only candidate to effectively clean Biden's clock in a debate), but because her campaign was completely unprepared to capitalize on the moment. They sold some t-shirts, and then outside of a few small interviews went completely quiet. That just doesn't fly in the age of social media and 24 hour news where the President can change the topic with a tweet.

When Warren was fading, she responded with relentless campaigning.

Hell, when Buttigieg was fading, he responded with relentless campaigning.

Kamala, on the other hand, seems to be constantly waiting. And, that's the death knell.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Oh great another bill to die in the Senate

Looks like Pelosi is still on my List. She talks about sexual assault victims like they're pieces of shit.

JealousGiddyLaughingthrush-size_restricted.gif

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Abrams isn't running for President, lol.
For the most part being VP is a worthless position anyway.

It only matters for Biden because he's a million years old.

I don't think Abrams should be his VP because he actually might die of old age. But under someone younger, her profile and background would probably be fine.

If Obama hadn't won his Senate race, I'd imagine he still would have been in mind as someone's VP.

Is it meant to be easy running for office as a black woman in Georgia, btw?

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bibi is going to lose, right??
It's probably gonna end in a coalition government with the Likud. So he'll probably have less power than he had before, but it does not seem like the end of his political career or anything.
They might try to toss him out in the Likud, but I suspect that they will fail.

If you're worried about the Palestinians, it's very unlikely the next government of Israel is gonna treat them any different.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Abrams isn't running for President, lol.
For the most part being VP is a worthless position anyway.

It only matters for Biden because he's a million years old.

I don't think Abrams should be his VP because he actually might die of old age. But under someone younger, her profile and background would probably be fine.

Is it meant to be easy running for office as a black woman in Georgia, btw?
Bernard is older than Biden.

But then again it seems like Bernard's chances are dead so who cares lmao

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Bernard is older than Biden.

But then again it seems like Bernard's chances are dead so who cares lmao
Probably only slightly less dead than Harris and Booty, I would say at present.

But I assume he'll put out another eleventy trillion dollar plan tomorrow and then get all mad at WaPo and maybe that will drum up attention again.

Pooh

Oct 25, 2017
The Hundred Acre Wood
Sanders would be pretty much the worst possible choice for a Warren VP.

If we're limiting it to people running (which isn't really so that useful, but whatever) then Beto is ideal. Young, male, attractive, non-coastal, puts Texas and SW votes in play, has a strong issue that is popular with the electorate that he can continue to hammer on. And he is right in the middle of the immigration battle being from El Paso, can speak fluent Spanish. A lot of good qualities.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Late on the whole Cory hearing today. I only tuned in for the first part which aside from some nuggets was pretty much a waste of time. But then they got a special counselor to question him for 30 minutes and he got him in a lie within 5 minutes and then admitting to said lie on national TV!

Hot take but I feel Democrats are improving their strategy. First of all they didn't hype up this hearing like the Mueller hearing. It just kinda happened without much fanfare meaning the media circus around it was tempered. They also finally got someone actually practicing law to question the witness , an act that shook the Republicans and it actually paid off. First time it felt Democrats were on offense and Republicans were on defense.

More of this please. Democrats need to play those clips of Cory lying and admitting to lying all over and start pushing the narrative of obstruction, corruption and mass cover up. I just wished they had also help Cory in contempt and jailed him for his total buffoonery at the stand.

I guess the next hearing is on the emoluments case? That one is a bit over a week out but it's good that they have a line up of hearing planned out.

And +1 to Sanders being a bad VP for Warren. It's just redundsnt. Not that VP means all that much anyway.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I like Abrams a lot and think she has a bright future (uh if she runs again that is). But I don't think state house minority leader alone is a particularly impressive credential for being on a presidential ticket.

Can we just put Hoyer and Durbin in the leadership positions. At least they are good at being assholes
Hoyer is a moron. He's the living embodiment of bad House Dem messaging

Albert

Oct 25, 2017

Oh great another bill to die in the Senate

Choosing to squander the current moment by passing a pointless messaging bill instead of investigating credible allegations against Brett Kavanaugh is the most Nancy Pelosi thing ever.

Kavanaugh wouldn't even have to be impeached. An actual investigation would at least remind the public how much of a sham the FBI investigation was.

Status
Not open for further replies.