• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryoteck

Nov 2, 2017
As a former Kentucky native (whose family is all in Kentucky), I just don't see how Bevin really can win. He has no base of support and is widely unpopular. He is running against, at worst, an unoffensive opponent whose father is still pretty popular in the state. Like I get the Trump factor, but being Republican didn't save Ernie Fletcher and he had even less warts than Bevin. The most recent polls seem to bearing this out too.
Bevin must be pumping a ton of money into TV ads currently. They are all over the place. Amusingly the one they are showing the most just shows all of the kids he has adopted and only has him in it for a second or two.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
He lost re-election as Maricopa sheriff in 2016 and AZ hasn't exactly been trending toward Republicans since then. I would guess he's more likely to lose than win.
Thanks
My grandparents and mom wouldn't even consider any kind of assisted living. Medicare was giving my grandpa 6 hours of aide service a week. Medicaid was offering 40 hours. Medicaid also covered home hospice, which ended up being really useful, albeit short used (he was only in hospice for <48 hours).
It's just a bad situation for my family as my uncle really can't handle her, but she refuses to go and my uncle wanted to "respect her wishes." She is just being selfish, which I know is part of her illness, but ugh.

She doesn't have Medicare because she was a government employee. She has coverage through a private plan through them. It's mostly shite but surprisingly they cover a home health aide 3 times a week for 6 hours total. But she would be getting support 24/7 from assisted living..... ugh, just thinking about the situation gets me really upset.

spx54

Mar 21, 2019
did he just seriously tell to Congress to investigate Obama's book and TV deals

lmfao his talking points just get more and more ridiculous

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Chris Coons is such a shitty Democrat from a safe D state; it doesn't even need to be this way. Can someone please primary his ass?

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017

Well, the stunt worked.

Wait... he's fundraising off of this?

At first I thought he was just giving away his own money as well, but apparently the campaign is paying this out.

When it was his own money, it could have just been considered a personal gift, but this seems like flagrant violation of campaign finance.

He really needs to fuck right off tbh.

SwordsmanofS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

A hot take I agree with. We're already dealing with it now to some extent, it'll be even worse when that base gets smaller.

Neverending bedwetting.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis

A hot take I agree with. We're already dealing with it now to some extent, it'll be even worse when that base gets smaller.

Neverending bedwetting.

Remember in 2017 when everyone was panicking about Gillespie winning because he made the election about race?

People saw him embrace Trumpism and fretted that it'd be any Republican's winning ticket to whatever office they sought, no matter where they were running.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@mkraju
Nadler says his committee will question Chris Wray at a hearing next month about Kavanaugh but doesn't promise to move forward with impeachment of Kavanaugh: "What's relevant now: Did he lie to the Senate?" He says the committee's focus now is whether Trump should be impeached.
10:12 - 16 Sep 2019

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Wait... he's fundraising off of this?

At first I thought he was just giving away his own money as well, but apparently the campaign is paying this out.

When it was his own money, it could have just been considered a personal gift, but this seems like flagrant violation of campaign finance.

He really needs to fuck right off tbh.
yeah, how exactly is it legal candidate to fundraise off a promise to pay out money to supporters... money that will effectively be raised from other supporters?

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Being passively exposed to AM radio this morning, and the new talking point is to attack Ramirez and to attack the guy who co-oberated the account by saying he is associated with HILLARY CLINTON.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
A person who has no legislative power making a creative deal with Netflix is the height of corruption. I am outraged.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

Neverending bedwetting.

I think this time has one glaring blind spot:

Minorities exist and have existed.

If newsrooms, which have traditionally been overwhelmingly white, are gravitating towards what appears "exotic" to them, why haven't they been rushing the hood spots to get minority takes on policies that also directly affect us?

I think the more correct take is this: despite how diverse this country has always been, we've always depicted "Real America" as looking a specific way.

AnotherNils

Oct 27, 2017
Possibly.

Maybe he didn't even pitch anything but is mad that Obama got a deal and he didn't anyway because Netflix totally should have approached him instead.
My thing is, when he's obsessed about someone it's because he's been slighted.

Yes, the simplest answer is this is about Obama, but I feel like him citing the Netflix deal repeatedly means he's pissed at Netflix.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Baby needs a nap and a time out. These tantrums are ridiculous. It's like Obama got to play with his favorite toy and he's throwing a fit.

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@TulsiGabbard
.@realDonaldTrump

Trump awaits instructions from his Saudi masters. Having our country act as Saudi Arabia's bitch is not "America First." https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1173368423381962752
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
Saudi Arabia oil supply was attacked. There is reason to believe that we know the culprit, are locked and loaded depending on verification, but are waiting to hear from the Kingdom as to who they believe was the cause of this attack, and under what terms we would proceed!
23:13 - 15 Sep 2019

leon.png

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
My thing is, when he's obsessed about someone it's because he's been slighted.

Yes, the simplest answer is this is about Obama, but I feel like him citing the Netflix deal repeatedly means he's pissed at Netflix.
I also think he's jealous.

Remember Trump TV? This is just me theorizing, but I think Trump's jealous because Trump TV was the thing he really wanted out of this. He didn't expect to win the Presidency. He expected to lose, and to then parlay his loss into a partnership with an existing Network to create a network of his own. I really think that was his dream.

But then he won. And now he's the miserable President hated by everyone whose respect he craves...while Obama nets a lucrative Netflix deal.

My soul LIVES

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017

Remember Trump TV? This is just me theorizing, but I think Trump's jealous because Trump TV was the thing he really wanted out of this. He didn't expect to win the Presidency. He expected to lose, and to then parlay his loss into a partnership with an existing Network to create a network of his own. I really think that was his dream.

But then he won. And now he's the miserable President hated by everyone whose respect he craves...while Obama nets a lucrative Netflix deal.

My soul LIVES

100%

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017

Tootsie taking cues from Beto.

Broken clock here.

My soul LIVES
Yup

Oct 25, 2017

Lets wildly and inappropriately speculate about the candidate's health! That wouldn't be at all super fucking shitty. Sore throat? Laryngitis? PARKINSONS? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.