• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The "make sure kids hear words" clip makes me feel genuinely uncomfortable. I will literally take anyone else as the nominee, I dont want to see Biden ramble like that while Trump mocks him, it just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen
it might be the most insulting thing I've heard from a democratic politician

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Indian Health Service has similar problems to the VA. It's decent when funds are available and if you live near a big reservation with adequate facilities. If you don't live near a big reservation or you need care later in the year (when money has run out) you are in trouble.

Ironically, one of the fears of moving to Medicare for All is that the funding for Medicare might lead to situations like this.

It's a lot more complex than just "everyone gets this insurance"

OmniOne

Oct 25, 2017
Biden is a massive general election liability.
He demonstrates it everyday. His poor campaigning and debating is the very reason he demonstrates this.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
sR2gGMq.jpg

lol

DinosaurusRex

Oct 26, 2017
Ironically, one of the fears of moving to Medicare for All is that the funding for Medicare might lead to situations like this.

It's a lot more complex than just "everyone gets this insurance"
I mean we already ration care in our current system by who is covered. It's just that it disproportionately affects poor people, people of color, people in low skill jobs etc.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
The "make sure kids hear words" clip makes me feel genuinely uncomfortable. I will literally take anyone else as the nominee, I dont want to see Biden ramble like that while Trump mocks him, it just sounds like a disaster waiting to happen
There is educational merit to kids hearing audio books. The "record player" comment shows he was struggling to find the right words, but I get what he was going for.

Last edited:

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017
Y'all need to read more

sub·pe·nis
/səˈpēnis/

LAW
noun

1. a writ ordering a person to attend a court.
    "a subpenis may be issued to compel their attendance"
verb

1. summon (someone) with a subpenis.
    "the Queen is above the law and cannot be subpenised"

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, you mean the media won't get the "young progressives support PRIMARY OF ESTABLISHMENT DEMS" chapter of the Dems in Disarray book?

I support Markey, who will vote to eliminate the filibuster if we have the majority. He's better on every conceivable issue and has been a progressive voice for years.

Kennedy might very well still win, but make the asshole work for it.

snipe_25

Oct 27, 2017

God Save the Queen
God save our gracious Queen,
Long live our noble Queen,
God save the Queen;
Send her victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us,
God save the Queen.
Oh Lord our God arise,
Scatter our enemies,
And make them fall
Confound their politics
Frustrate their knavish tricks

AOC is the fuckin best.

Also, a Kennedy who is already in the House is not "new blood" anyway.

Let's say Warren won but so did Kennedy. The reverse could happen as well right? Dirty Ed Markey could run in the special election?

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Refusing to spend free money from the federal government on HIV/AIDS causes to own the libs.

While the Republican senator Rick Scott was governor of Florida, his administration presided over the effective blocking of $70m in federal funds available for fighting the state's HIV crisis.

Coupled with the fact that Scott refused to expand Medicaid in Florida, this new revelation – the product of an extensive Guardian investigation – helps explain why the state's HIV epidemic became almost peerlessly severe during Scott's time in office.

Republicans are fucking garbage human beings.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I'd expect the younger moderates like Spanberger to endorse Kennedy while the Squad, Khanna, Jayapal, etc. endorse Markey.

Problem for the media there is it's impossible to sell Kennedy as the progressive insurgent.

Feb 14, 2018
I'd expect the younger moderates like Spanberger to endorse Kennedy while the Squad, Khanna, Jayapal, etc. endorse Markey.

Problem for the media there is it's impossible to sell Kennedy as the progressive insurgent.
Further reinforcing that the problem solvers / moderate Dems are the actual "tea party of the left" kicking up shit.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's only the newbies like Sinema, the long term moderates like Manchin are backing Markey because they want to dissuade primaries.
Further reinforcing that the problem solvers / moderate Dems are the actual "tea party of the left" kicking up shit.
They're not losing winnable elections, so no. They're annoying, but the only similarity is that they're on the right flank of the party.

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
That Kennedy Boy for President is a non-starter outside of the Northeast.

The most memorable thing about him outside of his last name is that he has oily-combination skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.