• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
That's because you're a corporate sell out, shillary witch, capitalist slime.
And those are you best qualities.

maxx720

Nov 7, 2017
I'm just gonna drop this with no context:

Ow8MN1j.jpg

Maybe he's just a weirdo.

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
I am now dead. Officially. Did you all know that John "Invade everyone!" Bolton is a "man of the Left"?

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Umm... someone in her inner circle needs to talk to her about this one lol

This is only partially her team. I say this as a fan, but we're seeing Warren's weakness right now. She's the candidate of "plans"...she churns them out like McDonald's churns out chicken nuggets. And that's the thing...a lot of Warren's plans are...frankly, shit.

I'm really needing someone to take her to task for that.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Is that correct on the NYT that only 28% of Mecklenburg is reporting? Doesn't that bode pretty well for McCready given the current margin there?

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I genuinely don't get it and am probably a shillary witch.

Apple doesn't have a monopoly on the smartphone OS market.
They operate a walled garden marketplace on their OS and set the rules anyway.

What constitutes antitrust/competition law violation?

Would it be illegal for Apple to e.g. not allow Spotify on iPhones?

I mean I only vaguely recall the 90s antitrust against Microsoft and pre-installing IE. My old Galaxy had a bunch of Samsung bloat, my new Pixel had all the Google Apps?

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Crime, border, vets, military, and guns — the same five fucking things Trump writes into every one of these endorsements.

Suiko

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I genuinely don't get it and am probably a shillary witch.

Apple doesn't have a monopoly on the smartphone OS market.
They operate a walled garden marketplace on their OS and set the rules anyway.

What constitutes antitrust/competition law violation?

Would it be illegal for Apple to e.g. not allow Spotify on iPhones?

I did not see the argument the EU had against Google and Android either. So what do I know?

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Is that correct on the NYT that only 28% of Mecklenburg is reporting? Doesn't that bode pretty well for McCready given the current margin there?
It's 28% of percents reported that doesn't include the early vote.

Remember this guys. % reported =! % of the vote left. Well over 60-70% of the vote is probably in in Mecklenburg.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Trump trying to move California homeless people into camps is kind of weird. Is he trying to salvage one or two house seats there or something?

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
I mean I only vaguely recall the 90s antitrust against Microsoft and pre-installing IE. My old Galaxy had a bunch of Samsung bloat, my new Pixel had all the Google Apps?
Honestly, if I were Gates I'd be a lot more pissed off than he is. Looking at Big Tech today it's a fucking joke that Microsoft was very nearly broken up over Internet Explorer.

To clarify, I think that ruling was a good thing. It's just shit when you think of the next to no regulation current Big Tech faces. It's a real regression from the 90s, and I don't think we're better off for it.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
This is only partially her team. I say this as a fan, but we're seeing Warren's weakness right now. She's the candidate of "plans"...she churns them out like McDonald's churns out chicken nuggets. And that's the thing...a lot of Warren's plans are...frankly, shit.

I'm really needing someone to take her to task for that.
I agree but I think it's kind of inevitable with her. The dollar menu is coming back loaded with Forma's plans. She's super intelligent so I know someone could get through to her on her thinking differently in regard to the app store. But the way in which she communicates a la plans galore is basically baked into her political DNA.

I like Warren, I feel reassured by her primary polling, but I hope that can translate to a solid lead in the GE as well. And yes there are GE polls from time to time but we are so far out they're kind of hard to take seriously. I just hope she's not gonna be locked into that "eww regional/Northeastern librul who can't win" stereotype.

I was a Biden stan for the longest time but over the past few months it's hard for me to feel the same way. I really was excited about Kamala but I don't think she's going to pull it off and I question her political aptitude and how passionate she is about what she's preaching after the whole "retard" incident. Mayor Pete and Beto are pretty cool, not sure if they're Presidential material.

I guess at this point I don't care who wins but they have to beat Trump. Even if it's Biden, fine. But I have so many concerns about how he'd run his campaign, he is like in his final form that is far more extreme than the gaffe machine of 2008 and 2012.

TheAbsolution

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Yuuuup, it's a wrap in NC-09. Not super disappointed, it's a special election in a R+12 district in a gerrymandered district and they only won by less than a couple of points more than likely so no big deal. Onwards and upwards.

Still though, would've been nice for the narrative.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
I think unlike the specials in 2017/2018, there... really are no stakes here. This district might not even exist in 2020.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
I did not see the argument the EU had against Google and Android either. So what do I know?
I just looked up this.
While Google gives Android away to handset makers, those companies must effectively pre-install 11 Google apps on their devices, giving Google's products far greater reach and more users to click on its ads. The strategy has enabled Google to reach more than a billion monthly users for six products: search, maps, Gmail, YouTube, the Chrome internet browser, and the Google Play app and media store.
This simultaneously seems bad...
But also... I don't really care weirdly?

I mean I'm not going to use another search, mail, maps, app store, browser anyway? It's not hard to find others... But why would I bother.

I'm lazy. Plus they have mindshare and brand with me already. If they weren't pre-installed... I would find them and install them?

Status
Not open for further replies.