• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm going crazy... But I think WaPo briefly called the Special for the GOP in a breaking news banner. Lol.

It's gone now so maybe I hallucinated.

Oh there are two, pardon my confusion?

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is Bishop is going to win this by a thread, but I'd love to be wrong. He's slightly overperforming in the EDay vote comparatively and I think it's going to make up a larger % of the vote than it did in 2018.

cameron

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

Kevin Miller @KevinMillerPPH

Long-shot GOP challenger to @SenatorCollins says he is quitting the race after relentless pressure from former Gov. LePage and other Republican leaders, @SteveCollinsSJ reports: https://www.centralmaine.com/2019/09/09/sole-gop-challenger-to-susan-collins-quits-amid-party-presssue/ … #mepolitics

6:10 PM - Sep 9, 2019

Katherine Lee@katherine_lee1

#Maine Sen. Susan Collins has never faced a primary challenge since she won her seat in 1996.
She apparently won't face one this time either, after former Gov. LePage told her sole challenger he'd 'come after' him if he didn't drop out. #MEpoliticshttps://www.pressherald.com/2019/09/09/sole-gop-challenger-to-susan-collins-quits-amid-party-pressure/ …

10:20 AM - Sep 10, 2019

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Never underestimate irredeemable racists. The McGreedy commercials absolutely blanketed every television over the past few weeks.

It's the stupidest attack ad, but sometimes those are the most effective. Between that and Trump's dumbass rally, they're all fired up.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Never underestimate irredeemable racists. The McGreedy commercials absolutely blanketed every television over the past few weeks.

It's the stupidest attack ad, but sometimes those are the most effective. Between that and Trump's dumbass rally, they're all fired up.
Keep in mind that even if Bishop wins by a small margin, that's still terrible - Trump won the district by eleven points.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017

I mean... Romney won this district by 10. Trump won it by 12. It's not friendly turf. The fact that it's even this close is something.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
And last year we either lost it (depending on how much the fraud affected things) or would've only narrowly won it in a D+8.6 environment.

MizerMan

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Republicans had to spend so much money on a district that's reliable to them just to win in a nail-biter does not bode well for them.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Democrats really suck at getting out the vote in specials, it seems. Just like the Wisconsin Supreme Court race.

adam387

Nov 27, 2017
And the vote is looking pretty close to even right now.....like people who always get upset about GOTV, by and large, really fail to grasp how complex an effective GOTV operation really is.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
The vote was close to even in 2018, we know the voters are there. GOTV should have made sure those people got out again.
And again, we either lost in 2018 or would've narrowly won if not for fraud - in a D+8.6 environment.

It's not a friendly district, and even a close loss portends horrible things for the GOP next year.

We had these discussions all throughout 2017 and 2018. I was told I was complacent, LOL Hillary, LOL polls are wrong. PANIC.

And then we won 40 seats.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Election PoliEra is the best PoliEra. So much more pleasant to read than snipes and barbs and .gifs in favor of/in opposition to Bernie Sanders.

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of thinking he's done. Bishop's state senate district is literally the part of Mecklenburg that's in this district.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted bishop to lose in part so I could hear how Trump threw him under the bus after saying what an amazing guy he was yesterday.

:-(

Hopfrog

Oct 27, 2017
Headlines tomorrow, probably in the Times:

"Bishop victorious with President's support - is Trump back to his winning ways?"

jtb

Oct 25, 2017
Do these districts get tossed for 2020 anyways? Maybe Dan's up for a third election in two years.

Oct 26, 2017
Why is everyone doom and gloom here? On Maddow the voter ticker is at 50.4% Mcgready with over 50% in. Did all the DEM areas report in already?

Status
Not open for further replies.